When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob needing help after Christmas disaster!

Crbeecham

Hello everyone!

I am new member looking for some help. I am looking to purchase my first rep and wanting some assistants finding the right watch and the right dealer. This is my first replica but not my first rolex, my yachtmaster was stolen this Christmas when our house was broken into when my family and I was out of town for Christmas. Thank god our home owners insurance is going to cover our misfortune. But I figured instead of buying another 17 thousand dollar watch I might go and buy my wife a new car, you know the saying happy wife happy life ;) I have a few watches I have picked out but need some help making a informative decision. I like rose gold and like a little bling, I know don't hold it against me;) I'm in the car business and it reflects my personality so go easy on me. First is the rose gold diamond strap Hublot Big Bang from a site called hublotf1 but don't really know much about this seller. The second is the rose gold Rolex Day-Date with the diamond strap and bezel with the black mop dial. I love this watch! The dealer is a site called timeshop dot net which is a trusted seller on some forums but I wonder about the quality. Last is the diamond two tone gmt master and the two tone submariner. I like the fact that I just learned that there are a lot of mods you can do to these watches which sounds pretty cool just not sure which seller has the best quality watch. There is just a lot to take in and though I have done my home work I feel I need the help from a more knowledgable member to assist me. From( gold rapped, gold plated, movement, mods, dealers to the watches them selves) I'm just not sure where to start. Any help info or input will be appreciated remember I am a noob. Thanks and God bless

post-50927-0-23780400-1358779430_thumb.j

post-50927-0-98189100-1358779441_thumb.j

post-50927-0-12663800-1358779451_thumb.j

post-50927-0-75793600-1358779459_thumb.j

First, don't start three threads on the same subject. Second, buy from the trusted dealers on this site, don't go elsewhere. Third, the trusted dealers pretty much can get the same watches (with a few exceptions) so contact them and see what's available and what the prices are.

If you want accuracy, try finding a WM9 version of the 16613 Sub you posted, or if you like the YM, then TC has probably the best one out there back available.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/155109-615-tc-factory-direct-yacht-master/

I'm not a 'bling' guy and generally find full gold reps lacking in quality, but to each his own.

Hmm, OK, not holding anything against you but, if I were to walk into your dealership and you appraoched me wearing one of those watches I'd run the other way thinking you must make a whole lot of profit off your customers. Just my opinion.

I'd wear those watches when going out for the night instead.

Lets try to condense this to one thread.

Cr wow you like bling buddy ! But here is one from Supermirriors in our dealer section http://www.rwgforum....one-superlumed/ out of all the ones above it will most likely give you the longest wear as rep stones will fall out. Not to say gold will not get scratch but you are going there anyway so............ Hey it is not expensive you can always sell here at a minimal lose if it does not work for you. The others dare I say will not sell in these parts unless you give them away.

rek maybe he works in Beverly Hills!

Hmm, OK, not holding anything against you but, if I were to walk into your dealership and you appraoched me wearing one of those watches I'd run the other way thinking you must make a whole lot of profit off your customers. Just my opinion. I'd wear those watches when going out for the night instead.
I am a wholesaler so I'm at the auction most of the time so don't do alot of business with the pubic mostly dealers and general managers. And they aren't real concerned with how many stones are in my watch or how much profit i make cause most of the time they are spending someone else's money :) and if you think that is flashy you should see the middle easterner down at the Lakeland Florida auction, well gaudy is an understatement. So I do see your point no matter how con dissident and you are right to each his own ;P . I do appreciate the info about the watches losing stones easily that was something I was not aware of and will probably steer me more toward a plain blue dial two tone submariner maybe a gen one.Once again thank you all for your input and anymore information anyone can provide, as you well know knowledge is power and I'd like to put as much under my belt as I can before I make a conscious decision. God bless

Ditto most of Tomhorn's comments.

In general, buying a (flashed) yellow gold replica watch with 'jewels' is a iffy proposition, at best. Considering the current price of gold, logic dictates that the amount/quality of gold flashed onto a steel substrate is not going to be very much. Therefore, unless it spends most of its life sitting in a velour-lined watch case, the lifespan of a 'gold' replica is very limited. Once the yellow gold flashing rubs/wears/scratches off, you either have to toss the watch or walk around advertising the fact that you are another poser with a (LOUD) fake Rolex. But if you have your heart set on bling, try Andrew or Josh, who provide good customer service & can usually source whatever is available.

But, before you do anything, I would encourage you to read the Forum Rules & Toad's Guide to buying reps., both of which will help you to avoid newb no-nos (like posting the same question multiple times) & awkward questions (like what is the best......).

There are some ceramic gold reps, I think the hublot ones, where the case of the watch is made with gold coloured ceramic. I am told they wear better than the gold plated reps, which can have very thin plating which wears off in a few months. I am sure someone else here can point you in the right direction.

Ditto most of Tomhorn's comments.   In general, buying a (flashed) yellow gold replica watch with 'jewels' is a iffy proposition, at best. Considering the current price of gold, logic dictates that the amount/quality of gold flashed onto a steel substrate is not going to be very much. Therefore, unless it spends most of its life sitting in a velour-lined watch case, the lifespan of a 'gold' replica is very limited. Once the yellow gold flashing rubs/wears/scratches off, you either have to toss the watch or walk around advertising the fact that you are another poser with a (LOUD) fake Rolex. But if you have your heart set on bling, try Andrew or Josh, who provide good customer service & can usually source whatever is available.   But, before you do anything, I would encourage you to read the http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/24786-read-our-forum-rules/'>Forum Rules & http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/85981-hey-noobor-not-so-noobread-this-now/'>Toad's Guide to buying reps., both of which will help you to avoid newb no-nos (like posting the same question multiple times) & awkward questions (like what is the best......).
Sorry for bout that, probably should re read the rules again I missed the part about not being able to ask these type of questions. Trully I am curios about one thing that a couple of people said, the part about the same post multiple times. Just tring to make sure I didn't do something wrong on my end I thought I only made one post under general discussion which I thought would be the appropriate place for this type of post. Please let me know I just don't want to make the same mistake. Also was wondering how to contact josh or Andrew? Are they in the trusted seller section or are they members that are dealers? If you could fill me in on those two things I would greatly appreciate it and I will go back and read the rules again. Thanks Thanks guys for all your help, I think that is the best idea to buy one and see how I like it then go from there. Till we meet again my fine feathered friends ; )

Trully I am curios about one thing that a couple of people said, the part about the same post multiple times. Just tring to make sure I didn't do something wrong on my end I thought I only made one post under general discussion which I thought would be the appropriate place for this type of post. Please let me know I just don't want to make the same mistake.

There were 3 threads all started by you & with the exact same title. I deleted the other 2, which is why you can no longer see them.

Also was wondering how to contact josh or Andrew? Are they in the trusted seller section or are they members that are dealers? If you could fill me in on those two things I would greatly appreciate it and I will go back and read the rules again.

You will find Andrew (TrustyTime), Josh (Joshua) & other selers listed in the appropriate Watches, Clothing & Accessories section.

There were 3 threads all started by you & with the exact same title. I deleted the other 2, which is why you can no longer see them.       You will find Andrew (TrustyTime), Josh (Joshua) & other selers listed in the appropriate http://www.rwgforum.net/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/'>Watches, Clothing & Accessories section.
Thanks Freddy Not sure what might have happened I posted from my ipad so there is no telling what I did wrong. Appreciate you correcting that for me and the dealer info.

I'm sorry to hear about you being robbed; you are in luck, however, that a brilliant replica of the YM is available .. top grade across the board.   Here it is ----->  http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/06/tc-factory-direct-yacht-master.html'>http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/06/tc-factory-direct-yacht-master.html   [img=http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj526/tc670207/TC%20Yacht-Master/TC-Yacht-Master-06.jpg]
You are right she is a beauty, looks like my old watch but mine was gold:( I'm crying the blues over here just thinking about it. And what makes it twice as bad is my wife got me really nice rotating watch case for Christmas and we came home to a complete mess and no watch to put in my new case. I had bought a sentry fire safe to keep it in but they took the whole freekin safe. That's the reason for the new car for the wife, she had me put some jewelry her grand mother had left in the safe as well so she has been pretty bummed about getting that stolen. That's why I think I'd like something different than another ym just too many bad memories. Let me know if you come across a quality sub or day date presidential. Thanks a bunch

. Let me know if you come across a quality sub or day date presidential. Thanks a bunch

The gentleman who imports the Yacht Master also has one of the best *modern* Submariners .. as far as Day-Date Presi .. there is not a Modder who currently "up-specs" these watches; you have to buy what the Dealers have. That's not to say that what they carry is crap .. it's just not "ultimate" territory.

I don't follow "modern" Submariner designs, so I can't link TC's ultimate Sub for you .. Im sure many other people here can, tho ... and hey .. if you want something high-dollar and special, why not a Paul Newman chronograph?? There are great examples from custom builders.