When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Car Reps – Ford's Aston Martin Homage

jackflash

They had to make it to comply with EU emmission standards across their range.  (V12 beast + golf buggy) / 2 = compliant.  :)

Some of the other brands belong to big 'groups' that have smaller cars, such as Fiat and VW.  For Aston Martin (now independent of Ford) they either had to cut the balls off their main models, or add a tiny plop of a car to the line up to even it out.

That's my understanding anyway. 

A few comments if I may - I recently saw my first 2013 Fusion in the wild, looked inside and the interior trim was stunningly cheap looking.

Talked to my independent mechanic recently and he says they get a lot of recent Ford Focuses and Fusions in for repair, those who don't want to pay dealer's service charges.

I've been thinking of buying a new car now for awhile, have a 9 year old bulletproof Honda Accord with 168,000 miles on it. Can't really find what I'm looking for - a very small, but very fun to drive car, I need to park it in a very congested north side of Chicago often.

The closest I've come to is the Mini Cooper, but I can't stand the huge speedometer ring, and by the time you option it up you're looking at about $26,000, and it takes premium gas.

Any other suggestions?

Hrmf! Cannot Ford make some goodies by themselves?

The last "killer" from Ford was the Capri. Later the Cougar has been quite good. The recent collection are not at the top. With the "Aston Martin look-a-like" they safely moves towards; the bottom.... But the Capri, that is, even today, a killer...

8-(