When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Owner of TC Sub w/ Gen Insert.... Saying Hi!

wiseguy1481

Just wanted to say hi to everyone over in the Rolex club... I am officially an owner of a TC sub with gen insert and I love it!!! I cant wait to get my next one now as I cannot take this one off of my wrist and need a back up to swap out from day to day so this one does not get worn out too fast.

post-51930-0-69764300-1363466180_thumb.j

post-51930-0-34601600-1363466211_thumb.j

Stunning piece, which movement did you get, one of TCs 2824-2s or did you manage to get one of the last ETAs?

@ Erict719

I think you will find alot of Gen LV owners are swopping out their green inserts for black, maybe for keepsafe for the green bezel or maybe just for variety, but its quite common in Genland it seems. Also for buying the Gen insert the LV is twice as expensive.

@SSTEEL

Regarding the pre-order. Do you know if this will be as the same batch of LVs as before i.e same LV insert? Just wondering because TC is still working on the perfect insert right? or has this come to fruition?

The TT bracelets are gonna be sharp.

Cant wait to get mine, have a Gen LV insert to crack into the badboy!

@SSTEEL

Regarding the pre-order. Do you know if this will be as the same batch of LVs as before i.e same LV insert? Just wondering because TC is still working on the perfect insert right? or has this come to fruition?

Yes, its the existing preorder, for the old TYPE1

@ tick,

I got the Swiss 2836 option in my TC.  

Stunning piece, which movement did you get, one of TCs 2824-2s or did you manage to get one of the last ETAs?

@ Erict719

I think you will find alot of Gen LV owners are swopping out their green inserts for black, maybe for keepsafe for the green bezel or maybe just for variety, but its quite common in Genland it seems. Also for buying the Gen insert the LV is twice as expensive.

@SSTEEL

The TT bracelets are gonna be sharp.

Cant wait to get mine, have a Gen LV insert to crack into the badboy!

• 5 months later...

anybody got any idea how to get this feckin gen insert on my TC? it will not fit!

Spooky,

TC uses a press, and if you go to his blog he has a well written article with pics on how he does it.

Each of these watches seem to be mm's in difference, my gen insert snapped right in with serious finger pressure.

Any more pressure than where I was at, and I would have used a press. If you have no press (cheap) you may want to try a watchmaker so you don't bend a gen insert.

Some of us are addicted to maxi dials, but like it black :D Moreover LV inserts are twice as expensive and rare to find than LN inserts. There ale also many gen owners who decided to swap their LV inserts for LN. I do like LN version much more than LV but I like maxi dials as well. So it is only a matter of taste. :)

can someone pls enlighten me why there are so many Maxi dials with black inserts?

hybrid between LV and LN?

wtf?

TC has been out of the LN dial and hands for a long time now. Consequently, your only choice was the maxi dial and hands. People that wanted a TC but weren't fond of the green had no choice but to get the Maxi dial and hands and use an LN insert.

TC has been out of the LN dial and hands for a long time now. Consequently, your only choice was the maxi dial and hands. People that wanted a TC but weren't fond of the green had no choice but to get the Maxi dial and hands and use an LN insert.

He does sell bundles of damaged LN dials you can piece together. While not an ideal option it's still one nonetheless. I'm a traditionalist and love the LN dial with the black insert.

Hey guys, im new to this...Ive been trying to find the best clone to a 2007 submariner like the one i have. I have an interesting hobby like most of you. I am obsessed with watches. I have recently heard of the TC rolex and have been told how great of a quality it is. I am looking to purchase one. Is there someone here that can direct me to him, and help me out on the site i would love to become an active member here. I know a lot about authentic watches, but very little on anything else. I would love to start learning to build them and figured this is a good place to start. I would really like the most accurate watch out there. Positive feedback would be really helpful i see that is necessary on this site. Thanks guys.

Edited by dosports5