When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help support RWG

Admin

In case we are getting lost in the woods here from the chief :

Guys, I am sorry for having to reach out to our members again, but the economical burden on my shoulders is to heavy for me to carry alone these days.

As most of you know, PayPal closed all of our accounts and we were unable to accept PP-payments for almost 6 months. Because of this, all payments from existing member stopped. As you might know, our VIP/Platinum members are allowed to choose whether they prefer to pay per month, per quarter or yearly. All income to the forum is important, but we had a lot of members that were paying by the month. Since PP closed our accounts, all of these VIP and platinum memberships expired and I had to cover pretty much all expenses out of my own pocket for almost 6 months and we are talking thousands of dollars here.

Now, I am in no way a rich man, so these extra expenses had to be covered using my personal credit card. Fortunately, we are now able to accept payments as usual, but unfortunately, only a small percentage of the members that used to be supporting members have signed up again. This basically means that we don't have the cash flow needed (yet) to cover all of our expenses, meaning more expenses for me. I love RWG and the great forum we have created here. I have made a lot of friends here and I have also been so blessed that I have been able to be a part of one of the GTG's and actually meet some of our great members. But the money is tight and this money issue has actually become a big burden for me lately. Actually so much, that I notice that it is influencing my relationship to the forum in a non-positive way. Basically, I have to work a lot more and harder in my other job(s) to get more money and this leaves less time for me to spend here (Or even more important; with my family). I may not be the most active member in the forums, but that's basically because there is always a lot going on in the background here. For instance, I receive 10-30 e-mails/PM's every day with questions, problems, etc. that needs to be answered/solved/etc. Not to mention hardware maintenance, software upgrade/updates/, database maintenance. And this is just on the web + db-servers we have. Add a backup-server + load balancers and you can imagine that we have a pretty complex setup. All to give the almost 8000 unique daily visitors that best possible experience browsing our forum. Doing this hasn't bothered me at all for many, many years. But now, when I have this economical burden hanging over me, I notice that I feel the forum isn't all the fun it used to be. I feel annoyed by the number of e-mails and questions I get, that I know people could have just used the search function to find. (Not to mention all the e-mails I get from members who are unable to log in here, just to find out that they aren't members here. Good things we have multiple RWG's.....). I feel I could have done other things, that actually got me some money in my pocket, instead of having to optimize the database today, etc.

OK, long story short, we need your support and there are multiple ways you can support your favorite community.

The preferred one is to upgrade to either VIP or platinum membership. By doing this, you are giving something back to the community and we are giving you something back: No ads, bigger PM inbox, no limitations on search, access to post in sales forum, etc.

You can upgrade your membership by going here: http://www.rwgforum.net/pages/upgrade

If you think $5 per month is to expensive (or $3 per month, if you pay by the year), I have created a special RWG supporter-membership( or the "cost-less-then-a-cup-of-coffee-membership" ;) ). This will only cost you $2 per month (Can only be purchased on a pay-per-month basis) This will remove the ads from the forum and you will get a RWG Supporter tag, but that's about it.. You can upgrade to this special membership here: http://account.selg....ndex/c/26QFkdw3

Last option is to make a donation to the forum. This is of course available to all members, even if you are a supporting member or not. Please use this link to make a donation: http://selg.nu/support/2

I hope as many as possible will consider an upgrade. I know it's a tough world out there, with lots of people with little or no money in their pocket, so please contribute if this is something you feel that you can afford or of you feel that our forum is worth to support. If you have no money, you can also support us by click the ads, if you see an ad for something you find interesting. The ads might be annoying, but they do generate a small income for the forum!

The forum itself will always be free and open to everybody, but we rely on our generous supporters to stay online. After all, this is a forum with more than 46000 members. If just 1% upgraded and paid our new RWG Supporter-membership each month, we would never have to ask for donations again.

Let me just end this with a massive thank you to all of you who already have upgraded and who is always there to support the forum. :tu:

Oh, and if you are having any difficulties upgrading or submitting a donation, please send me a PM or e-mail (admin (at) rwg.cc)

T

PS. Please keep this important topic bumped for a while, as my weekend is rather busy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support our great community: Upgrade your Account or Make a Donation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My pleasure, a sticky it is! But keep up the good work, you guys ROCK!! :tu:

ah, thank you B. It saves me from seeing yet another Mike on a Bike random bump :D :D

Seriously, he and a few others have been trying like mad to keep the awareness and flow of upgrades coming. Kudos to Mike, and also to the Platinum/VIP members and admin/mod team for keeping this place alive. :thumbs:

Kudos to you guys for keeping the excitement going! I'm working with the Mods group to see if we can cut you and Mike loose in a new and exciting adventure, something we haven't done in quite awhile. ;)

Kudos to you guys for keeping the excitement going! I'm working with the Mods group to see if we can cut you and Mike loose in a new and exciting adventure, something we haven't done in quite awhile. ;)

yippee.. cut us loose, cut us loose! :D 

Thanks mate   :partytime:  and donation sent Chief !  

Tip for anyone donating, Chief has made it idiot proof..........obviously I failed :inverted:  don't put any extra zero's or . in just put in 5 or 50 or 100 and it will accept the donation ! 

LOL SGT but I know better. :partytime:

Hey legend look at my shiny new Diamond ! :pimp:

Lmao  :partytime:

Hey I'm lonely now in the Platinum Lounge    :wheelchair:   who's gonna give me a push..........lol nearly mis typed then.......came out as pussy...... :crazy:  

Lmao :partytime:

Hey I'm lonely now in the Platinum Lounge :wheelchair: who's gonna give me a push..........lol nearly mis typed then.......came out as pussy...... :crazy:

Hey Sgt - I can give you a push, no worries we can find some entertainment to bring back to the platinum lounge...

Hey Sgt - I can give you a push, no worries we can find some entertainment to bring back to the platinum lounge...

As long as she's Blond, long legs with huge.................eyes and dirty habits count me in  :inverted: