When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob factory Ceramic PO and LM LE. (LM due for Release.)

cougar1

Disappointing, only seeing this now. I seriously hope this wonky dial marker problem is a small batch, corrected quickly and not going to be an ongoing issue. Reminds me of BP qc, but a little worse. Shame to put such great work into the watch and then mess up on the most obvious part.

...more reason why I hate getting involved in this whole preorder/first batch stuff too often, it never seems to go smoothly.

that is alarming... mine is supposed to leave conveyor belt as we speak. Will watch out as a hawk for all those skewed bits and pcs. 12 seems to be the major contributor, as it is rotated clockwise, O is encroaching on S... and there is potentially the "fading" disaster as well. maybe I should change my order pronto to EXPII. 

that is alarming... mine is supposed to leave conveyor belt as we speak. Will watch out as a hawk for all those skewed bits and pcs. 12 seems to be the major contributor, as it is rotated clockwise, O is encroaching on S... and there is potentially the "fading" disaster as well. maybe I should change my order pronto to EXPII.

Get the new Omega SMP ceramic. It has none of those issues.

That hour hand is still asking for trouble. After a hit or bump that baby will scratch up your lovely gloss dial. There is just too little clearence if you ask me. Wonder why they could not manage a normal hand-dial clearence. Checked the H factory CrPo and the new Seamaster and they are all perfectly spaced.

They are improving a little, someone else post new qc over on other forum, much better, 9 marker a little skew but much better than first lot overall:

aqa3y6e8.jpg

Dont Think they are skewed. Just the angle, look at the datewheel. When will they learn to take straigt above pics?????

That hour hand is still asking for trouble. After a hit or bump that baby will scratch up your lovely gloss dial. There is just too little clearence if you ask me. Wonder why they could not manage a normal hand-dial clearence. Checked the H factory CrPo and the new Seamaster and they are all perfectly spaced.

I'm wondering about this as well, what is the reason for this? I thought they were usual standard 2824 clones ...ala V5 PO/UPO etc. Wonder if they used a batch with low cannon pin/hour wheel or do the hands wrong or is that the standard clearance? It does looks way to close, lots of potential binding problems.

Edit, okay see what you mean it is the dial clearance itself, dial sitting too high?

..... dial clearance itself, dial sitting too high?

Most likely the hour hand sitting too low. The canon pinion supports the minute hand. The hour wheel slides over the canon pinion. So either both canon pinion and hour wheel should be taller or they should have made the hands differently. I have seen gen Omega Constellation (hour) hands with sort of a "neck" creating extra spacing because the hour wheel on the cal. 1111 is too low as well.

• Like 1

Most likely the hour hand sitting too low. The canon pinion supports the minute hand. The hour wheel slides over the canon pinion. So either both canon pinion and hour wheel should be taller or they should have made the hands differently. I have seen gen Omega Constellation (hour) hands with sort of a "neck" creating extra spacing because the hour wheel on the cal. 1111 is too low as well.

Is it an easy fix to do when servicing the watch?

Some nice pics from ericb196 over on Rwi/Rg, not sure he is on here so just thought I'd add them here for anyone who has not seen them. It really looks good, when the dial mishap is fully corrected (shouldn't be too difficult  :huh: ) ...it should then be a cracker, this one looks great!

Some additional pics :

2013-07-22202605_zpsc30299cd.jpg
2013-07-22202619_zps60fc4ab0.jpg
2013-07-22202625_zps03866738.jpg
2013-07-22202627_zpsda659512.jpg
2013-07-22202630_zps46158cb6.jpg
2013-07-22202633_zps39450542.jpg
2013-07-22202642_zps190d2776.jpg
2013-07-22202730_zpsa067c778.jpg