When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a scam?

JoeLouis

This time its not an ebay item, yet i think its in the line of a legal scam for watch buyers.  Its The Shopping Network!!!!! yeeey

and i quote "i was the other day with my friend on the country club and he came to me and told me how nice my watch was, it looks like a unique masterpiece.  My friends watch he told me was $90,000 piece, yet he didint know mine was a fraction of that price, and looks like a $90,000 piece"

"this is the zeus, it has a unique swiss highly complex  movement"

"Screw down system" lol

"from a technical point of view, this watch is jawdroping"

post-54170-0-36495200-1368334192_thumb.j

post-54170-0-09407900-1368334206_thumb.j

IMO, for a $600+, 0% gold, super bulky watch thats a scam, so warn your grandparents from watching these scammers.

btw, no disrespect to invicta as watchmaker, but their sellers hype these prices waaaaaay too much!, same as in cruise stores!

These scam channels stay in business because of the old PT Barnum addage,"a sucker is born every minute!" Folks who don't know and are too lazy to do any research get scammed by tese inflated "suggested retail" prices and then the "sale" price, which in reality is probably a 100% markup!

It's not just on these shopping channels either.AmericanExpress is sponsoring a site called Vente Privee lots of big name companies with limited numbers of items at closeout prices. Some are really good deals, bur others aren't so great. A few weeks back they were selling Sturling watches at about 25% of the "retail" prices. I was curious, so I googled Sturling and sure enough e prices everywhere were about what Vente Privee was selling them for, no great deal at all. My advice to anyone would be check around before you hit the buy button on any item that you are interested in.

the problem is when you are being sold a swiss quartz for 1k.  I get you as i have seen many invicta watches that look solid and are top notch, but unfortunately the brand lets itself go with an infinite amount of models, low grade, high grade, tacky and classy, and their distribution line is absurdly wide and unregulated price wise

post-3251-0-94322700-1368965764_thumb.jp

PT Barnum would be floored. Today there are 500 suckers born every second.