When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer 300 SLR

Biodom

This is quite a cool watch, IMO.

Looking a the vendor pics and videos (angus & cartel) it looks like a very nicely finished watch.

I pulled the trigger on one today. I didn't see any glaring flaws. It just looks like a very nice piece to wear everyday

300slr.jpg

Nice watch. The special pushers and dial looks well replicated.

The caseback is however much less sharper than the gen, but I think I can live with that. i love the retro Heuer style. :-)

Looking at Joshs qc pics, the dial is more brown than purple. The subdial spacing is obviously dictated by the 7750, but I personally like it.

The other 'issues' don't bother me, as long as it's nice to wear :-)

Looking at Joshs qc pics, the dial is more brown than purple. The subdial spacing is obviously dictated by the 7750, but I personally like it.

The other 'issues' don't bother me, as long as it's nice to wear :-)

The bottom subdial looks a bit lower, closer to the index. Is it just the angle of the photo?

• 2 weeks later...
(Repost from RWI and the other RWG forum)

Excuse the doubling up with posts on other forums but I thought this might benefit other members who do not forum trawl. 

I have wanted a good rep of this watch for some time now.

I noticed that TrustyTime had a 1:1 replica of this watch for sale and the price was reasonable so I bit the bullet and went for it. I'm always skeptical of 1:1 claims so I purchased without too high an expectation.

Payment was made, QC pics received within 24 hours and shipped after that. From time of payment to it being on my wrist, it took 6 days with EMS postage. Big thanks to Andrew and his high level of customer service. 

I normally wear Rolex and Pateks so I don't know what I'm looking for with this watch in terms of gen comparison. However, to me, it is beautiful. The leather is soft and has a pleasant aroma. The clasp is smooth and operates without a hitch. Chrono works perfectly, lume is super bright and caseback engraving look the goods.

Enjoy the pics (but excuse the dust)...

TagSLR2_zps515f7a2b.jpg

TagSLR1_zpsf90106f1.jpg

TagSLR3_zps07c2dcaf.jpg

TagSLR4_zps77db1f39.jpg

TagSLR6_zpsa791bfd3.jpg

TagSLR5_zps04b0667e.jpg
  •  

Thanks for the repost, useful for us who stay with RWG. :-) 

I really like this one.. But I have a feeling that the datefont will be changed. 

It was a "Heuer Monza" replica bought in Kuala Lumpur which started my decent into replica addiction, back in 2002... Maybe I can try to end it with another Heuer replica.. The circle is closed. :-D

This is a nice one... A couple obvious tells; subdial positioning, datewindow & font, rehaut text... but all taken into consideration I think I'll be getting one. 

I'll wait until the Tudor black bay is released, then I'll order both and save on the shipping. excellent!

• 1 month later...

The date window is squared on the rep where the gen has slightly rounded corners.

Apart from that and the date font, looks lovely.

I can feel my purse strings loosening :)

As you can see on the gen below, the gen have squared date window. It's the prototype that have rounded corners ;-)

738057d1339835639-my-new-tag-heuer-300-s

And now, the date font is correct as you can see here (QC pics from Puretime on 12 of july)

h2l6.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...