When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum upgrades - new sections and other suggestions

Admin

Within a couple of months RWG will most likely go though a big facelift and it is also a big chance that we will change our name. I get 2-3 every day from confused members that can't log in because they have forgotten their passwords or username and when I try to find them, they are not registered here as members, but at another RWG forum. Anyway; I wan't your suggestions on improvements you would like to see here. Are there any sections you miss, should we introduce new, dedicated brand forums, etc. Basically, post your suggestion to what you think will make our forum even better. I'll keep watching this thread and reply, if needed, in it and will then take the suggestions posted here with me in the development process. Might also post some polls to let the members decide on new features, if we can only select one from many, depending on the suggestion.

Within a couple of months RWG will most likely go though a big facelift and it is also a big chance that we will change our name. I get 2-3 every day from confused members that can't log in because they have forgotten their passwords or username and when I try to find them, they are not registered here as members, but at another RWG forum. Anyway; I wan't your suggestions on improvements you would like to see here. Are there any sections you miss, should we introduce new, dedicated brand forums, etc. Basically, post your suggestion to what you think will make our forum even better. I'll keep watching this thread and reply, if needed, in it and will then take the suggestions posted here with me in the development process. Might also post some polls to let the members decide on new features, if we can only select one from many, depending on the suggestion.

How about...

Best Watch Forum On The Planet!

If you don't like swearing please look away now.................................FUCKING AWESOME  :partytime: 

Feel we need a good shake up and I'm well up for it   :notworthy: 

Firstly lets have a dedicated Tudor Section please please with jelly tots on top  :)  Next up Hublot too ! Members have been after these sections for ages.

Would love to see a dedicated list of scammers (not scam sites) so the buggers cant keep messing the membership about, incorporating a report 'button' to make it easy to notify the mods about them.

More Moderators, simply put we work in so many time zones that the more eyes we have checking the site the better, sales forums especially so (look what happened today!) and you guys were on it quite quick too, still slipped through though. I'm not saying we need to mod the board any more than is done already or that the mods we have aren't any good just that they can't be everywhere all the time!

Sales sections should be hidden from view to non supporting members, would safeguard both buyer and seller a bit more and generate more funds for the forum itself, should be a minimum post count to see it to encourage an active members list, I see soooo many guests looking around here, ideally we would like to see them as members and ultimately as supporting/active participants in the forum.

I'll have some more for you later ;) 

But please remember we NEED a TUDOR SECTION   :partytime:

*ahum* Hublot section ;)

Please don't change the layout to much, this is perfect! If I compare RWG to RWI, RWI is very messy so much links to click on. That's also the reason why I hang here.

About the name, that's a tricky one. If i know something, I'll let you know

• Like 1

Oh yeah .......................be nice to noobs too  ;)  they are the future of the forum !

As Mart says please don't change the set up too much this board is so easy on the eyes   :notworthy: compared to the others 

How about 'RWF' -  Replica Watch Forum   :g:  

*ahum* Hublot section ;)

Please don't change the layout to much, this is perfect! If I compare RWG to RWI, RWI is very messy so much links to click on. That's also the reason why I hang here.

About the name, that's a tricky one. If i know something, I'll let you know

I agree, one of the reasons I stuck here when I found the rep game was the easy to navigate and well marked section etc. Compared to RWI which I think is awful to navigate, this place is perfect.

I would love a Tudor section too and maybe a Franken section where details of franken builds can be kept together.

I agree, one of the reasons I stuck here when I found the rep game was the easy to navigate and well marked section etc. Compared to RWI which I think is awful to navigate, this place is perfect.

I would love a Tudor section too and maybe a Franken section where details of franken builds can be kept together.

That's a great idea mate :) a franken resource would be fantastic, by model no would be awesome and easy to navigate!

PS: Don't forget the TUDOR SECTION  ;)

I'd like what sgt said: 'RWF' -  Replica Watch Forum. It's simple and effective :)

ZK would have loved this!

This is what he was fighting for!

Yeah with 1 post and 1 day on the forum you really know "Z"  :bangin:

From a usability stand-point: Don't change much. Also, make sure you have someone that knows what they are doing on the transfer side. You have GREAT SEO coverage right now, and don't want to lose that!

I just looked through my list of "domains I own that I'm not doing anything with" and only have "WatchOpinions.com" and "TickerSwap.com". I don't think either of those would help at all.

I also hope the layout doesn't change too much, and this site is fast, others are sluggish, the addition of extra brands is fine but keep them prominent. On many other sides they are cluttered with pointless sections. A QC pics section like RG would be handy. Also name the place theoriginalrwg.com ;)

Guest leon@stella's

I'd like what sgt said: 'RWF' - Replica Watch Forum. It's simple and effective :)

Yeah with 1 post and 1 day on the forum you really know "Z" :bangin:

We work at the same office!

And by the way, he just walked by my room and i told him of you, he says HI Ozzy boy, you need to email him about a watch.

Edited by leon@stella's

Buyer/Seller Feedback functionality in members profiles I feel would be a worthy upgrade.

If you are looking for any new moderators, I'm available, Finland EU, and have quite a lot of experience of moderating forums to my credit.

If you don't like swearing please look away now.................................[censored] AWESOME  :partytime:

Feel we need a good shake up and I'm well up for it   :notworthy:

Firstly lets have a dedicated Tudor Section please please with jelly tots on top  :)  Next up Hublot too ! Members have been after these sections for ages.

Would love to see a dedicated list of scammers (not scam sites) so the buggers cant keep messing the membership about, incorporating a report 'button' to make it easy to notify the mods about them.

Sales sections should be hidden from view to non supporting members, would safeguard both buyer and seller a bit more and generate more funds for the forum itself, should be a minimum post count to see it to encourage an active members list, I see soooo many guests looking around here, ideally we would like to see them as members and ultimately as supporting/active participants in the forum.

+1 for the scammer list, but this might turn out very nasty.....VERY nasty place to be.....imagine how fast you harm is done.....i think another way to put it would be more applicable.

For the sales section, minimum post count would be better, because even if you're a long time member, sometimes life is a [censored] and you're just so broke that you need every freacking penny to eat something (or to pay your bloody taxes!) :cc_hang:

• Like 1

A new name? Well frankly that's a tough one. I can see the confusion with that other RWG... But this RWG is thee real deal Mothership from the Old Days. Perhaps a new name is indeed warranted but hopefully it will be a historically relevant name. Not sure how this would take shape but a proper ode or tip of the hat to our roots is crucial in maintaining the empirical provenance we have forged thru time.

• Like 2

New name?

Horologists

United

Because

Love

Of

Timepieces

Rwg

Or

Lost

Either (way we're all)