When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Noob or BP Factory?

aa007210

Thanks for your remark. I wanted to say that the Noob No Date and BP No Date do not have SuperLume. There is no difference. I mentioned this because some of the TD's tell us that the BP version does have SuperLume. The only difference is the color; that's correct. When there is no difference in the lume (except the color) it puzzles me why Puretime and Toro's only sell Noob No Date and Trusty Time only sell BP No Date'. I hope to get some respons on this question. Maybe we can learn from it.

Thanks for your remark. I wanted to say that the Noob No Date and BP No Date do not have SuperLume. There is no difference. I mentioned this because some of the TD's tell us that the BP version does have SuperLume. The only difference is the color; that's correct. When there is no difference in the lume (except the color) it puzzles me why Puretime and Toro's only sell Noob No Date and Trusty Time only sell BP No Date'. I hope to get some respons on this question. Maybe we can learn from it.

Good question!

Hope someone clears this out.

Does it really matter? They all have their own models from different factories. Before BP came with rolex models they all had Noob, now with this great BP collection some choose BP as their stock brand. Probably due to demand or margin or relationship with the concerning factory.

Btw. Andrew is still saying noob factory will close by the end of this year, which I still find very hard to believe..

This noob V2 was an absolute impulse buy. I logged on the PT website to buy a PAM297 and this caught my eye. I thought an updated 116610 rep might spur an interest in rolex watches. I had a bk noob before and it wasn't my favorite style of watch. The updates to the rep are excellent though. Check it out:

post-51065-0-00716000-1377223002_thumb.j

Updated pearl is an improvement:

post-51065-0-70639700-1377223077_thumb.j

Lume. A previous poster stated that the Lume color changes depending on the light. I agree. Sometimes more blue sometimes more green. Not super lume for sure though.

post-51065-0-52377900-1377223139_thumb.j

The AR is a nice touch and was missing from my last sub c.

post-51065-0-68262400-1377223260_thumb.j

A previous post mentioned that the AR was too blue. I tried to catch it in this photo. I recall seeing a blue hue on my coworker's gen sub c. I'll have to look again when I see him.

post-51065-0-02816900-1377223329_thumb.j

Here are the things I don't like about mine: 1) the pearl is off center a smidge. 2) the cyclops is not centered. 3) the DWO is terrible. Some numbers are centered but some--like 10--are WAY off. 4) the bracelet is cheap and loose and the SELs don't fit snug. Top left I can actually see through it. 5) the bezel fonts are off and too skinny. Otherwise kinda nice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question regarding bezel alignment.

Every bezel has a little play, mine aligns when in the leftmost position.

I want to know if this counts that the bezel is aligned, or is this already out of alignment, altough just little?

I guess it is hard to find a perfectly aligned bezel. And it wasn't even seen on QC, there it even seems to be a little to the left, because of the angle.

Otherwise, my BP is a very nice watch. Altough the bracelet is not very good. GlideLock adjustment is very stiff.

Will see how it feels when it comes out of baby oil.

If not ok, I can just fit the whole Noob V2 bracelet, is that right, or the SEL won't fit nice? Clasp only in that case?

Edited by GrimReaper85

I now figured the bezel is aligned perfectly. I looked with my right eye closed before. But with both eyes opened it is nicely centered.

And the bracelet, I have read so many horror stories about this bracelet, but mine turned out very nice.

When I got it out of baby oil today, I noticed the squeaking is gone. And also the GlideLock glides ok now, and it doesn't give me any troubles.

I am now happy like a kid with a new toy.

I myself don't need a gen or a gen like quality rep. I just need a watch that looks nice, and the BP certainly looks nice.

But I also Googled pictures of gen 116619, and it is really perfect. Even the notches in the bezel align with markers. Altough I have seen ones where they don't:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost.php?p=2447687&postcount=25

And ones where the notches come right in between the markers:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/fs-rolex-ceramic-submariner-blue-dial-18k-white-gold-model-116619-complete-priced-sell-hot-702514.html

And I am looking at my BP, and the notches at least align at 35 and 45.

So I guess even 30k€ gens have QC problems.

But I see all have aligned rehaut engravings, which BP doesn't. I mean, it is aligned, the crown is at 12, and the 5x ROLEX right of 12 is aligned. But left of 12 every letter is too much to the left.

And there has to be a lot more things, but to a guy with average Rolex knowledge, like me, BP is a very nice watch.

They did so many things right it is almost unbelievable if you look at the price:

-aligned bezel with dial

-aligned rehaut engraving (altough engraving itself is off on left side)

-centered date

-aligned cyclops

-centered pearl

These things certainly require a lot of QC work, which is not typical for BP factory, and Chinese factories in general.

Maybe I will also buy a Noob V2 some day, but I really prefer blue to black.

There is one question I cannot answer: why does Trusty Time only sells BP and Puretime and Toro only sell Noob ?!

Because Josh from PC and Andrew from TT have some sort of arrangement with BP factory, and Angus from PT has the same with Noob factory.

But there can be exceptions, both Josh and Andrew have Noob LMLE PO.

As for Toro, he is not associated with any factory, he also got BP Sub recently.

Hey all, I am extremely new to this. I am reading these posts and have no idea what BP and Noob mean. . . I am trying to find the best Black Ceramic Rolex Submariner Replica..Correct bezel, Face Font, Chromolite Lume, Aligned Pearl, AR Crystal, 2.5X cyclops, date font, Correct bracelet with glidelock clasp and markings, best size and weight, and of course movement...Which should I buy and who should I buy it from??

Hey all, I am extremely new to this. I am reading these posts and have no idea what BP and Noob mean. . . I am trying to find the best Black Ceramic Rolex Submariner Replica..Correct bezel, Face Font, Chromolite Lume, Aligned Pearl, AR Crystal, 2.5X cyclops, date font, Correct bracelet with glidelock clasp and markings, best size and weight, and of course movement...Which should I buy and who should I buy it from??

Start by reading all 6 pages on this thread.

That should help.

Your question is the best sub right?;) This question is epic for new members and also a little bit ignorant. If you want what you described then better go gen. But if you can luve with an amazing rep with flaws ownly 1% or less would see when they hold their watch in the hand then read on and inform yourself more. Rightnow the bp 116610 and the noob v2 are excellent. The noob v2 has an amazing pearl, super bracelet and better finish overall. Bp sub has deeper and more gen feeling and indices on dial are better. Both are amazing reps but you have to decide which one you want to choose!;) Edited by sputim

Then you better get one from Marini. Dont know your budget, they are little more expensive but waaay better than Noob and BP...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...