When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Met the local watch "expert" again last night.

browngo1

There's a guy that drinks in my local who knows everything about everything. You all know the type.

Basically, he regards himself as a watch collector because he buys one every time he goes on holiday. A while back he said, "I must have over a hundred watches, but I don't have any Rolexes, although I do have a few expensive ones that cost me about £200." You get the picture.

Quite often he'll comment on the watch I'm wearing and ask what it is. He hasn't heard of Panerai, Ebel or Chopard, but, "Patek Philippe, yeah I've heard of them, they're French aren't they!"

Anyway, he was in the local last night and asked me what the time was. I saw he was wearing one of his extensive collection, so I asked if his watch had stopped.

"No, it's a self-winding one and it loses about 5 minutes every hour, because I don't move my arm about very much. I'm going to go and get the next bus and just wanted to check what the correct time was."

I told him what the time was.

• Like 2

Haha those guy's are such a joke!

But hey, he is a watch collector. Why didn't you invite him over to RWG we need some watch experts over here? Ok you know I'm joking, never get a guy like this at this forum please

Wild... Did you tell him, unless it is a Seiko 7xxx or a few rare autowinding watches-- he can manually wind it...  And, not moving your arm enough?  Seriously, the guy admitted to taking public transportation.  Getting to the pub should have given it enough charge.

• 2 weeks later...