When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tommy's Solid 18k White Gold Rolex President Franken-gen

tonton2000

A little while ago TommyHighway (on TRC) offered up a solid 18k Rolex Presidential fully loaded with diamonds.

Upon hearing that this was available, a friend of mine managed to stop himself having a fit for just long enough to give me money to buy it for him.

Now, i've been a member there for many years and have seen tommy's name there for a very long time also, and seeing as it turns out he doesn't live too far away from me, i decided to go on a day trip to see him and pick up the watch for my friend (who was presumably at the time shopping for a mink coat and gold kane)

I will let the pics do the talking, but let me just say that if you have any reservations about dealing with tommy, put them to one side because he is a great guy. We probably would have sat for hours talking about watches if i didn't have to get back home.

Anyway enough with the words............onto the pics

157030-13458.jpg

157030-13459.jpg

157030-13460.jpg

The day window looks mis-aligned, but its actually because of the shadow and crap lighting i have .............. :brow:

157030-13461.jpg

157030-13462.jpg

157030-13463.jpg

157030-13464.jpg

157030-13465.jpg

157030-13466.jpg

........custom lug marks due to being a bumbling fool with a screwdriver trying to reattach the bracelet :wounded1::bangin:

157030-13467.jpg

157030-13468.jpg

157030-13469.jpg

....................now the juicy bit....................

157030-13470.jpg

157030-13471.jpg

157030-13472.jpg

Here's the size (36mm) compared to my frying pan of an AP Wempe (44mm)

157030-13473.jpg

157030-13474.jpg

.........some flash shots...........

157030-13475.jpg

157030-13476.jpg

157030-13477.jpg

157030-13478.jpg

THE REVIEW

Rolex sell this watch, made from solid 18k white gold and diamonds set by them for £50,000+.

Tommy sells this watch made from solid 18k white gold (i have had the bracelet, case, caseback and clasp all tested) and diamonds (all tested again) AND GENUINE ROLEX QUICKSET MOVEMENT for under £4k.

My opinion, if this is to your taste, and you have the money, go for it!

I personally would go for a plain white gold if it ever came around, i could never pull this off :(

As for dealing with tommy, again as i say, have no reservations.

This has been passed over to my friend now, who will no doubt wear it out on saturday night and pretend he is a footballer/actor/diplomat/pimp/president of some sort.

All i have to show for it are the lovely memories of that rolex quickset movement.....................:(

Hmm, do the diamonds look close to the genuine one? Rolex uses mostly D and E diamonds and of high clarity as far as I know, and I would like to know what quality the diamonds are in this one, as it would be an even bigger flaw if the diamonds did not glitter like the gen. Just wondering, as almost $9K US for this baby is expensive if it doesn't look exactly like the gen.

Yeah the diamonds are of good colour and clarity.

They are closer to VS1-VS2 colour G-H i think.

The pics i took were in kinda rubbish light conditions, but i'll try and take some better ones when i can get some good natural light

Only things that need doing are taking off the 'sharpness' of the bracelet edge, and maybe touching up a little on the areas where the finishing is a little less refined (a little bit where the clasp joins the bracelet, and thats being picky) and thats pretty much it.

Wow... i like... don't flame me though... hehehe...

I have seen a gen one like that... but I think it was in yellow gold, with some red rubies mixed into the diamonds in the face... also the diamonds on the bracelet was only on the midlinks... one of my clients owns one... i can't help but stare at it everytime I meet him... :p

I have heard of these reps... but never actually seen one!!! wow... i want one!!! hahaha....

I dunno, to each his own, but unless you actually own the hotel/club/restaurant you're wearing that in to, no one's buying that. And you better not be driving yourself there. :)

Yeah obviously if you're gonna wear this you need to have a few 'expensive accessories' to go with it, i don't think wearing it while driving a milkfloat will convince anyone B)

My mate is probably one of the very few people i know who could pull it off, i know i couldn't. :wounded1:

that's what a pimped out, rolly on the rocks is supposed to look like. it's a peice of jewlery that just happens to tell time. i know that iced out watches aren't very popular on the replica boards but everytime i see a day date with no diamonds at all the first thing that comes to mind is that they bought a watch that they couldn't afford in the first place. there are more diamond encrusted day dates out there than any other watch in the world. say what you will but they are very popular among the wealthy.

nice watch but i mean this costs the same as a genuine rolex.. not that kind but also with alot of bling bling..

better buy a genuine one with lifetime guaranty, i mean comeone, for 8k$ you want a piece that is handmade from geneva ;)

a rolex iced out like that one can push 100,000.00 with out even trying and a new rolex only has a 1 year warranty. one that has been customized has no factory warrantee as it is voided when the customization is preformed. at that point it only has what the jewler that preformed the work gives you as a warrantee.

for 8,000.00 you get a regular tt sub with a 1 year warrantee and the only parts of it that are hand made are done in asia.