When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nervous newbie... awaiting first delivery

Gav_tt225

Hey everyone

So I've decided to take the plunge and purchase my first Rep. Totally stumbled into all of this and being a huge watch fan I just had to get involved!! So I decided to go for the Breitling B01 Chronomat with roman numerals, ordered this beauty from trusty but after payment was made he told  me no SS bracelets were available! after a few emails Andrew agreed to send with a leather strap and forward a SS bracelet when it comes in stock which is brilliant service.

So the watch itself has been sat in customs since Monday and I'm getting a bit anxious now as I've searched the forum to death and seen lots of stories about watches being seized!! Think I just need a bit of reassurance that it should make it to me. Thinking about getting a Tag Carrera and Omega PO as soon as this one makes it to my front door.

Does this look OK?

Date Time Location Tracking Event 06-08-2013 09:34 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance 06-08-2013 09:33 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance 06-08-2013 09:28 International Hub Received and processed 05-08-2013 18:56 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance 05-08-2013 18:55 International Hub Received in destination country 02-08-2013 01:38 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Forwarded for export 01-08-2013 18:57 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Ok just checked parcel force and it now states... Awaiting customs charging!!? That doesn't sound good to me??

Seriously don't worry.

Also tracking info is often useless. Your online tracking can say that very same thing....several days after you received the watch.

Just put on some tunes...do some reading and your watch will eventually show up. Usually sometime between 10-20 days. :)

You can always buy watches from the forum members. You get a discount and local shipping that way :)

Way less stress too! But believe me, most of us have been through it. I learned a long time ago to pretty much ignore the tracking numbers. I only order a watch from overseas if I absolutely have to have a new model or something, otherwise buy second hand off the forums...faster and already broken in.

You can always buy watches from the forum members. You get a discount and local shipping that way :)

Way less stress too! But believe me, most of us have been through it. I learned a long time ago to pretty much ignore the tracking numbers. I only order a watch from overseas if I absolutely have to have a new model or something, otherwise buy second hand off the forums...faster and already broken in.

I will second that!! The last watch I ordered new was a Lange Datograph, and that was probably 2 years ago, before that a Eurotimez DSSD, and you know that's been awhile!! I buy from members

, or buy parts and build my own. Way less stress of buying from and shipping from China.

As the other guys already mentioned, start chillin, it will arrive. The longest i had to wait was 4 weeks, and the tracking information was totally non informative. Reps bought from Andrew took ussually between 7 and 10 days to arrive from China to Holland.

Thanks for the heads up guys, just had a look at the for sake section and there are some pretty nice pieces. I couldn't help it but checked the tracking info and it now states passed to national hub as well as revised charges to be paid. At least it seems it's on it's way to me finally

Plus 1 ,M2M way to go. :pimp:

Okay so I couldn't wait any longer and didn't realise the parcel force depot is 3 miles from my house!! Drove down about 11am and stumped up £24.79. Which was £11.29 VAT and £13.50 parcelforce handling fee. Not the end of the world I suppose.

The watch itself is beautiful however, just emailed Andrew so hopefully ill have the SS bracelet for it shortly. Only flaw so far is the sunken date wheel but that's not a deal breaker for me. Very happy with it.

Does any know as well how to use just the main second hand on the chrono. At present mine is stuck at 12 and the mini seconds hand in the chrono is operating? I wanted just the main seconds hand to operate if that makes sense??

Sorry i will post pics tonight!!

Congrats!

No worries on the chrono...many people don't understand how they work until they have one in hand!

Enjoy your new watch!

Where's the pictures? We all have been sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for this watch to arrive! :)