When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 Franken build

CptTripps

Gen 16000 case.

Gen1560 Butterfly from a 1014

Gen hand set from a 5513

Gen crown/tube

Yuki Dial

Yuki 20mm Solid Link bracelet

Clark Crystal

JMW Bezel

Re-lumed the hands to match the dial when it came in today. Worked the bracelet quite a bit too.

I still need to drill out the lugs, but I'm waiting on the right bit, so when that arrives, I'll be all set.

Viola!

First build I did everything on, without sending off to MD2020 to fix one of my screw-ups. :-)

post-53458-13763577868.jpgpost-53458-137635781804.jpgpost-53458-137635784648.jpgpost-53458-137635788221.jpgpost-53458-137635792154.jpgpost-53458-137635795779.jpg

Great build. That Yuki dial is a huge improvement over what they were selling not too long ago.

Completely agree. I was honestly stunned. I bought it to hold me over until Whoop is done with his, but I may just use that one for my brother's build.

I have a gilt dial coming from Ingod. I hope that one is nice too.

Nice build!

My only criticism would be the yuki 93153 bracelet- with everything else being so good, why not get a decent bracelet?

I like the 7836 that came on my Josh 1655 Explorer- it's a great folded link bracelet- and certainly more vintage, and very correct for a rep bracelet.

I think I read that Mary at Watch International sells them ($55?), haven't checked to see if Josh sells them.

I agree 100%. I have another folded-link bracelet that I'd ordered for it, but it hasn't come in yet. The Yuki that I have now is honestly just a placeholder until I get something better. There's a gen bracelet that I may rotate off of another watch later this week too.

It's a process...never really "done" until it's...well...done!

(I'll take better pics tonight...I left all my cameras at work!)

Nice build!

My only criticism would be the yuki 93153 bracelet- with everything else being so good, why not get a decent bracelet?

I like the 7836 that came on my Josh 1655 Explorer- it's a great folded link bracelet- and certainly more vintage, and very correct for a rep bracelet

I think I read that Mary at Watch International sells them ($55?), haven't checked to see if Josh sells them.

Agreed alligoat. That Gen bracelet just sealed the the deal! Very nice.

Good call guys! I didn't realize I put the gen on my 1655 and the rep on this one. I had 3 of them on the bench last night trying to find the right end-link/bracelet combo. Guess I don't know how to tell them apart as well as I thought!

I bought the gen bracelet off if VRM last week, and I'm quite certain it's legit. I'll take better pics when I get home. (Now I'm curious what the tells are!)

All-in-all, I'm much happier with this bracelet than the other. You're right...really completed the watch nicely.

• 3 months later...