When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Discussions At Rwi - Re Banners And 5 Star Dealers

fotoman

I believe that there is no money changing hands over on RWI for banners, and that the list of five-stars will increase. I believe no impropriety is going on. Surely, however, once a dealer has passed probation, surely they're a five-star?

I don't like going on one forum and spouting off how other forums should run themselves, especially when I'm neither a mod nor an admin on either. I love both RWG and RWI and treat both as home and I, as an active member on both forums, believe there is enough room for the four boards we have today, and maybe more, without the need for name-calling or poaching. Everything I've said on this subject over here, I've said already over there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like going on one forum and spouting off how other forums should run themselves, especially when I'm neither a mod nor an admin on either. I love both RWG and RWI and treat both as home and I, as an active member on both forums, believe there is enough room for the four boards we have today, and maybe more, without the need for name-calling or poaching. Everything I've said on this subject over here, I've said already over there.

That wasn't the point at all. - The point was - i wanted to put my opinion out there that i think we (rwg.cc) should stay independant and not follow RWI's lead on the 5 star deal.

I don't think were name calling - I don't think i or others were accusing them of taking money or watches.

My point was, once you open the door, down the road it is inevitable. - bad month for sponserships - high extra costs for servers - desperate times.

My experience with human nature. we often end up having to do in a tuff situation things that were never intended.

Giving star ratings to anyone is not a good thing... a good dealer one day could be a bad dealer next. An unscrupulous dealer could build up good will and then scam a lot of people in future once orders are piling in. I'm not saying that will happen here but you never know what can happen in a person's life.

An example is luckyyy who seemed like a decent dealer and then I started seing posts about him being a scammer etc and now he seems to have disappeared. (note: i had one watch from him and received it, so no problem from me).

An example is luckyyy who seemed like a decent dealer and then I started seing posts about him being a scammer etc and now he seems to have disappeared. (note: i had one watch from him and received it, so no problem from me).

If we think back to nais then perhaps luckyyy was screwing people right from the get go.

I will also note that RWI was the first to ban luckyyy.

Surely, however, once a dealer has passed probation, surely they're a five-star?

Usually star systems have different levels...

@ luckyyy, I doubt he would ever be "5*"

I haven't made up my mind, but I think it is a good deal and hope they keep it meaningful... there ARE differences in the dealers and if they just put the first one to whine/[censored] (which has already begun) on the list as well it becomes meaningless... I hope the have the balls and stick to what they started. I think it is a positive thing for noobs - when I travel to a new city the * ranking for hotels is helpful... same for restaurants... why not dealers?

when I travel to a new city the * ranking for hotels is helpful... same for restaurants..

Yeah that makes it easier for you to pick the flea pit hotels and burger bars...eh..nothing like saving a buck here and there........Cata...sorry Cray...!

Yeah that makes it easier for you to pick the flea pit hotels and burger bars...eh..nothing like saving a buck here and there........Cata...sorry Cray...!

Oh, poor baby, you are just in a tizzy since you didn't get listed as 5*; I'll ignore it. I did chuckle while I read your cry-baby rant @ RWI. Safe to say you were not listed for a reason. Don't get yourself too worked up over it; if you keep complaining they will probably list you just so you will shut your big fat mouth!

Edited by Craytonic

I'm a total RWI noob, so i can't comment on anything they do over here.

As far as RWG goes, I was as skepical as anyone when the "big switch" happened, and I was less than pleased about some aspects of it's execution.

But that said, I've yet to encounter a better managed, more efficiently and fairly moderated, technoloically stable, and comparatively jackass-free (yours truly notwithstanding) board than this one--and I've been active on various hobby/political/professional message boards since I conntected @ 900 baud to Dial-up BBS's, Usenet, and Compuserve.

I'd bet my entire collection in a heartbeat that we'll never see anything that even appears as though there is any collusion between dealers and the Admin/mods.

Relax. It's just not going to happen.

A couple of years ago I did a google search to research what brand James Bond was wearing in the latest flick. Through my clicking I ended up on several forums and replika sites that discussed and offered beautiful watches. I joined a few of them and asked the normal questions 'who had the best sub'. After being slammed as usual I finally started to read and research what I was trying to do. Now, a few years later, I sit here as a suppporter with plenty of great quality timepieces and knowledge. I still consider myself a newbie and don't know a great deal about the internals of our movements, but I am learning.

When I first joined the forum a while back I thought I joined one forum and then something changed... and I guess I ended up on another forum? I still don't know what happened nor have I asked any questions of why. Recently I have noticed more and more, that some members are posting links to other forums which I do follow and read. I am not sure if this is good or bad as I see the 'tension' between our sites. Furthermore, I do notice that 'some' members of this forum cross 'other' forums all the time, and 'some' members don't cross at all. I hope I am not asking the wrong question but 'A long time ago' were we all friends in the same forum?

For some reason I tend to stick to this board. Members here are mostly nice and polite and usually answer PM's in a nice manner, even though I know they don't have to. In the end, I really like it here. Either way, back to my point. I agree with the first poster on management of dealers.

//Cheers :D

@Catatonic...... :bangin:

Once again....you've elected a public place to demonstrate your idiocy....as usual absolutely Catatonic....asleep at the wheel....!

Wrong.....I was invited to be a 5 star dealer......but as I already know my star rating....I declined on point of principle.....here's Tim's PM to me....inviting me to 5 star dealership.

To: TTK

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:48 am

Subject: 5 star...

Im willing to add you, Dont know how to work it, Link back to site or to a photobucket ect, Up to you sir, But im going to need some communication, with banner making ect...!!!....please let me know!

Tim H

BTW.....you've demonstrated quite adequately in the past that comprehension isn't your strong point...well how could it be...when you're playing the banjo all the time.......but my post wasn't about ME not being a 5 star dealer.......it was about the total lack of need to make anyone a 5 star dealer.....everybody already knows who THEIR 5 star dealer is........so I elected not to be a 5 star dealer on RWI.......unfortunately you can't elect to be any brighter than a 25 watt bulb and way less than a 5 star member.....with particular emphasis on the "member"....which...just to enlighten you....means you're a bit of a [censored]........straight from my big fat non 5 star mouth......!

Edited by TTK

You raised enough cane that they are "willing to add you" (not "want to add you" or "you deserve it," but "willing") because you felt left out, not being in the initial cut. Poor baby. Like the two year screaming loudly in the store for her mother to give her some candy. People can read the thread at RWI and decide for themselves.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....they can read the thread and understand it......it's a pity that with your limited intellectual capacity ...you couldn't.......!

As for being a 5 star dealer.....that's a given.....i'm 5 star to some.....and not to others......in your case.....you're everybody's dummy....and yes...they can read your posts and see it.......give us another tune on your banjo...and a sip of that moonshine......!

How is life in the cheap seats......?

Yeah, yeah, yeah....they can read the thread and understand it......it's a pity that with your limited intellectual capacity ...you couldn't.......!

As for being a 5 star dealer.....that's a given.....i'm 5 star to some.....and not to others......in your case.....you're everybody's dummy....and yes...they can read your posts and see it.......give us another tune on your banjo...and a sip of that moonshine......!

How is life in the cheap seats......?

Someone needs a hug.