When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Wrong With Me?

billyfras

Yeah, I don't know either. When I joined the forum (around 2004 the first time) I had no idea what Panerais were, and I didn't particularly like them. I did come around, though, and I don't know exactly why. I bought a Regatta first (this was actually my first rep) and then a Davidsen 202-a, I love that one, and then another Pam Base. I don't know if I'd buy another one or not. I do like them all.

Well...I don't like them either.

I tried to like PAMs back in my gen days but I can't.

Same is with the AP RO and/or every Hublot...it's all too much fashion and hype...and I hate everything that's being hyped ;)

Well, I love PAM's

But i too share your sentiment for Hublot. I think Hublot is just about the worst watch design I have ever seen from a high end brand. Also I have an extreme hatred for Franck Muller....just overpriced weird looking design. 

My first rep was a Panerai, I didnt even know it was a rep, I never heard of Panerai. I just thought it was a nice looking watch. I did some research, met you suckers, and then it all began...

I love Panerai & IWC. But the next buy will be a Rolex. Either a TC Sub or a white Noob Exp II...

So your blaming us ?! :) :)

But its a great excuse..I must try it :)

Really. REALLY....I LOVE PANERAI'S

What's not to love here: 

Well, the left one looks like it was lost in the desert by Lawrence of Arabia :cc_arabia: and then become the foundations of a scorpions nest, and the right one, well, has your butt been kinda itchy for the past 6 months? I think you lost something down there!

:tease: :thumbsupsmileyanim::tease:

ONLY JOKING!

You're not alone. Was thinking about this topic before I fell asleep yesterday. I am relatively new to this hobby. Although I have read a lot (i mean a lot!) here and I'm no newbie when it comes to gens.

Yesterday, I bought my first PAM (061D, M2M here). I am impressed by the quality and appearance. I like it a lot. However, I like it, not loving it. There must be some kind of explanation for my lack of love. It has it all, the looks, the presence and a fantastic strap. Yet, it does not do it for me. I was comparing it with Jessica Simpson, in her good days. I understand the beauty, i really do. She has it all (except the brains maybe). But I can't say that it really excites me. I like it but will never love it.

It will be in my watch box i and i will wear it occasionally. But she will always be second choice, never true love.

Pierre,

" Yesterday, I bought my first PAM (061D, M2M here). I am impressed by the quality and appearance. I like it a lot. However, I like it, not loving it. There must be some kind of explanation for my lack of love. It has it all, the looks, the presence and a fantastic strap. Yet, it does not do it for me. I was comparing it with Jessica Simpson, in her good days. I understand the beauty, i really do. She has it all (except the brains maybe). But I can't say that it really excites me. I like it but will never love it."

That about sums up my experience with them "like" but never love.

. I was comparing it with Jessica Simpson, in her good days. I understand the beauty, i really do. She has it all (except the brains maybe). But I can't say that it really excites me. I like it but will never love it.

Jessica Simpson? that you are still thinking of her may be a sort of a Freudian slip  ;)  ....but yes I understand you completely :)  ....now what I really want to know is what women and watches are able to exite you