When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Gen?

Cromag

Many of us have owned a wide assortment of reps and I'm sure have had the thought that, "this baby would be one gen I'd realistically buy and wear." Or something along those thoughts.

So other than saying NONE, which exact model(s) would you buy gen, and why?

I loved my Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date CV2A10 so much I frankened the hell out of it.  Its not 99% gen :)  Not really cost effective to be honest, but was a lot more fun building it than just buying a used gen for the same cost.

Why has no one mentioned SEIKO so far?

Guess it would be a LONGINES diver..yeah the one with two crowns and no date

ldiver.JPG

or

Longines Masters XL 47.5mm

248725-fs-rare-longines-masters-xl-47-5m

The answer seems kind of obvious, but any watch you plan to keep for a lifetime &/or pass on/sell that does not cost a king's ransom.

What part of LONGINES was unclear?

• Like 1

Has to be the Pam 359 M Dirty Dial. It's perfectly sized for me at 44mm, is incredibly versatile and is rugged enough (with a rubber strap) to be worn whilst diving and smart enough (with a black croc strap) to be worn with a suit and casual enough (with vintage leather) to be worn with jeans that it could be all the watch I ever need.

It's legibility is excellent, with a simple, yet elegant dial and the date feature is something that is essential to me for any daily wearer.

The price isn't ridiculous and the reliability on par with the cost.

Then there's the providence of the brand which is just the icing on the cake.

post-54684-0-14438100-1381438981_thumb.j

Those are some nice choices. That Pam 359 is pretty sweet. No doubt the longines is nice. It is kind of strange having two crowns no DW. What the heck does each of the crowns do?

Those are some nice choices. That Pam 359 is pretty sweet. No doubt the longines is nice. It is kind of strange having two crowns no DW. What the heck does each of the crowns do?

absolutely nothing :) any other such diver wouldnt do...rotating inner bezel would be nice :g:

Well I've got my grail watch, a Breitling AeroSpace, and am currently pondering whether to get a Tudor Black Bay.

Out of the super reps I have, basically they're that good I don't feel the need to get the gen, I feel as good wearing them as I do the AeroSpace.

Oooh, I like this game. I just got my IWC Big Pilot and it really suits me. The price is pretty steep but this is a watch I would love to own in Gen form. 

Oh, and I wouldn't mind my pilot license and a nice plane to go with it ;)

post-44290-0-42497200-1381529357_thumb.j

The other that I would strongly consider - if it weren't for the incredible quality of the replica - is my Panerai 111, This watch has the same Uber Masculine style that really suits me. 

post-44290-0-55345600-1381529951_thumb.j

If I had the funds to get an expensive Gen, there are two possibilities that come to mind immediately.  The first one that I would want is the PAM 88, any generation.  I am a sucker for GMT watches (even though I barely travel myself) and I love the clutter of the dial!  That, plus you can't beat Panerai for the design and comfort level.

img_6399.jpg

The other watch that I would consider getting is the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Black Sea with the Red dial.  Again, I am a sucker for a cluttered the dial, and having a power reserve is a great plus.  Also, what can be more manly than a watch that is nothing but black and red all over the place?  That, plus the fact that none of the reps for any UN watch come even close to getting it right yet,  I hope for the day that this happens so I can live this fantasy a little bit.  Tried one of these on a while back at an AD, and fell in love instantly!

Gall_UlysseNardin311_1-563cc.jpg