When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mark XVII bracelet is here!

markiemark

Angus just confirmed that he cannot sell them yet because there is Limited supply. He also said that the bracelet would not fit the original lug holes for the strap version if you had an old strap version.

The bracelet on the XVI is much different.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yes Cromag, I am aware it's different but I d like to try the new bracelet, finishing looks very good
It's just so obvious that it will not fit the XVI unless you made a typo and meant XVII. py4agemu.jpg9uzy7ema.jpg Edited by Cromag

Mark XVI e XVII should have the same lug width

http://www.iwc.com/forum/en/discussion/58666/

Afaik there 2 rep versions, one accurate (20mm lug width) and one inaccurate (21mm lug width) so I am afraid you got the inaccurate one. Just know by hearsay, I have never had any Mark XVII

But I agree with you, it's not sure at all it will be a straight fit for the Mark XVI ....

Mark XVI e XVII should have the same lug width

http://www.iwc.com/forum/en/discussion/58666/

Afaik there 2 rep versions, one accurate (20mm lug width) and one inaccurate (21mm lug width) so I am afraid you got the inaccurate one. Just know by hearsay, I have never had any Mark XVII

But I agree with you, it's not sure at all it will be a straight fit for the Mark XVI ....

oh! Well mine is a Mark XVI with XV bracelet. So XV might be 20mm. Let us know when/if you get it.

I noticed that Josh (perfect clones) now has a version of the XVII on bracelet using the 2813 movement for $178. Anyone know if there are any differences cosmetically in terms of accuracy with the 2892 movement? Or is it just the same case, dial with a different movement? 

http://www.p-cls.com/iwm171101s-mark-xvii-ssss-black-asia-2813-p-15072.html

There are differences between the cases, needles/hands, font (different/much lighter on the cheaper one) and the datewheels. I remember reading that discussion on another forum, that this was made by a different factory. Comparing the pics side by side it looks similar, but then compared with gen, the more expensive version rep is much closer to gen. The movement in the cheaper one (if it is the 4813) is an overdriven 21-jewel 2813. They work fine from people have said. The 2892 is closer to what iwc gets directly from eta and mods into their in-house movement for the xvii.

Correction to my earlier comment, starting 2006 and finishing conversion 2010, IWC stated that they stopped using ETA2892A2's as the basis for their calibre 30110.

Also, the other post asked about the cheaper version xvii. It doesn't use the 4813 I wrote about, but it uses the 2813 apparently, which is a 21 jewel, 21,600bph movement. Accuracy can be good, depends on how you maintain it, etc., there are many mixed opinions depending on who you ask, but most agree gens and gen swiss movements are best (not so much the re-used swiss returns in many newer reps).

Correction to my earlier comment, starting 2006 and finishing conversion 2010, IWC stated that they stopped using ETA2892A2's as the basis for their calibre 30110.

Also, the other post asked about the cheaper version xvii. It doesn't use the 4813 I wrote about, but it uses the 2813 apparently, which is a 21 jewel, 21,600bph movement. Accuracy can be good, depends on how you maintain it, etc., there are many mixed opinions depending on who you ask, but most agree gens and gen swiss movements are best (not so much the re-used swiss returns in many newer reps).

Thanks for the info! Will see if Josh releases a version using the 2892 movement.

I think it is still build by ETA, IWC only wrote the specs. Like they do for the ETA-7750 chronos, which they call IWC-79320... I don't believe IWC puts a manufacture movement into the cheaper watch (Mark VXI compared to PilotsChrono).

I think someone said that this rep case and bracelet does not fit gen XVII, the lug width and pin position are different.

Hmm. Thanks for the info. Although, it would be odd if the lug width wasn't the same as the gen since this watch seems to be the V2 version (just with a bracelet in place of the leather strap), and the V2 definitely has the same lug width as the gen...

Man, I hope this bracelet fits the gen.

Someone please give me some good news!