When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

I dont think the strap should be made bigger or smaller - the point of being a rep is to replicate the gen - i want it 1:! to the gen size strap!

a 44mm watch wont have really small strap anyhow!

dude, come on, use ur noodle. I was not suggesting it came with a bigger strap, but rather a bigger strap was made for optional purchase...even IWC makes more than one size strap, but its over $200...

The stainless steel bracelet from the AD is $800 list price so it would definitely be worth repping. Supposedly there are multiple size rubber straps, but if the gen copy is from an Asian AD, then it may have the smaller size as most Asians typically have smaller wrists.

I'm not sure about the Costeau's hour markers, but on my regular aquatimer, they seem to be much more reflective (almost shiny). I will try to take some photos tonight to see if I can get a comparison.

BTW, I shoot using my wife's camera (Can 5D), but don't know how to use any setting except auto....so if anyone can send me some PMs on how to take clear pictures I would appreciate it. I can't control the AF points so they always focus in on a single area leaving the rest blurry.

BTW, I shoot using my wife's camera (Can 5D), but don't know how to use any setting except auto....so if anyone can send me some PMs on how to take clear pictures I would appreciate it. I can't control the AF points so they always focus in on a single area leaving the rest blurry.

Read my tutorials linked below.

If you are too close to focus, pull back. You've got enough definition in a good camera to crop the picture and retain detail.

Please don't expect too much on the lume, white lume is always less as bright as the green lume, even for the superlume.

Received superlume from a customer and I will try to lume it, if it is possible and I will convince the watch maker to use superlume for all production or at least for my production, heehee :lol:

The caseback will have a piece of REAL wood, no worries. and the serial number are copied from the real life, which mean the serial numbers do exist!

Will post pics once the dial bezel is ready.

For the rubber straps, please be noted the ruuber strap will be made by genuine rubber, which means they are not made by pouring melted "rubber" into a container and let it cool down, a very big ss mould will be made for this strap, if we need another length, another big ss mould has to be made as well, I am pretty sure the watch maker will not make the longer one and I think I am not able to convince him about this, but I will definately ask for you big wrist guys.

Received superlume from a customer and I will try to lume it, if it is possible and I will convince the watch maker to use superlume for all production or at least for my production, heehee :lol:

angus, this is great news. if you really are using superlume, i think you will find that the demand for this watch will be overwhelming. :Jumpy:

thanks for the update!!! :victory:

deltatahoe

Does anybody know, whether this model will have double-sided AR coating, or any AR at all?

Yes, it does double sided coating. Also, concerning the bracelet, it's the same but different at where it attaches to the watch. My son has one of these (real) and I'll ask him to send some photos to me and post them. Tim

I took a closer look at the gen pics on the first page. Does the wood insert on back have a crystal over it? I can't see how they could replicate that case back 1:1. It will be interesting to see the finished product. What kind of wood is it on the gen. I know it came from the calypso, but where was the wood on the ship and what kind is it? Anyonme know?

Does the wood insert on back have a crystal over it? [...]What kind of wood is it on the gen. I know it came from the calypso, but where was the wood on the ship and what kind is it? Anyonme know?

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the gen does have a crystal on top of the wood inlay. not sure what kind of wood the calypso was made out of though...

Guest avitt
I took a closer look at the gen pics on the first page. Does the wood insert on back have a crystal over it? I can't see how they could replicate that case back 1:1. It will be interesting to see the finished product. What kind of wood is it on the gen. I know it came from the calypso, but where was the wood on the ship and what kind is it? Anyonme know?

I heard that the replica will feature teak salvaged from the upper deck of an exact 1:1 replica of the Calypso....... ;)

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the gen does have a crystal on top of the wood inlay. not sure what kind of wood the calypso was made out of though...

There is no crystal over the wood... what purpose would this server? :blink:

I tried one of these on back in December and it was just stunning... Hopefully they execute this one well. :thumbsupsmileyanim: