When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there a good source for Rolex 1665 Great White Seadweller Casebacks ?

civic4982

I do not have my original MBW caseback anymore, but I recall the main problems were the shape/size of the crown & location of the dot between the T in PATENT & the E in VALVE (it is not evenly spaced on the MBW & most reps).

If you were to draw a circular line that followed the top horizontal line of each letter, it should run directly through the center of the dot. This is the way it should look 1665caseback0032__-2_tonemapped1_zps8c04

Not to confuse things any further, but there is also a Transitional 1665 caseback, on the right in this pic. It's similar to the Triple Six caseback without the angular raised center section.

4xrolex1665achter.jpg

Not to confuse things any further, but there is also a Transitional 1665 caseback, on the right in this pic. It's similar to the Triple Six caseback without the angular raised center section.

4xrolex1665achter.jpg

This is service case back I believe :-) this is also the cheaper gen option, I don't think they were replicated ... I don't seen that on "original" watches so I think it's service only

• 3 months later...

So the good news is I received a GWSD styled caseback with the correct engravings from Narikaa.

The unfortunate news is that this caseback appears to have an incorrect diameter and won't screw into my case :(

The outer diameter on the threads is 31mm where as mine appears to be 30.5mm.

Really dissappointed :(

For some reason I just assumed that these 1665 style casebacks were universal in their fitment .......

A new thread for my new problem:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/168081-different-sizes-for-rolex-1665-seadweller-caseback/

These are reps, sadly there is no such thing as universal fitment and there is no consistent numbering / labeling of parts (since everything carries fake gen markings). The only way to ever know for sure is to try. Pretty much every modder I know of ends up with giant boxes full of parts that don't fit. I know I have...