When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Snow in Jersey!

Mike on a bike

lol you all think you get lots of the old white stuff : P ... landed in Corner Brook , Newfoundland today ( the town i was born and spent the first 13 years of my life ) ..  So far this winter season 6 feet+ of snow has fallen and just today alone from when i flew in 6pm until now 22inches has fallen lol   It bothers me that i left 88deg F on the weekend to come here to this snow and -19C lol but..  its starting to feel like christmas finally. 

Nightmare!  Not even close, it was a party!  Snowmachines blasting up and down the road, huge piles of it everywhere, XC skiing down the streets, cars literally being lost until the spring thaw.... it was great!  And man was it wet in the spring when it melted.

Here's another pretty snowy winter.  We'd get dumps like this overnight.  That's a snowmachine trailer with 2 sleds on it.

DSC00008.JPG

This is in spring on Spencer glacier when a lot of it had melted.

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

(you can see why they had to take the wires off)

haha holy s#!t Nanuq thats a lot of snow .. 

I have to post a shot later its no where near what you have there but the snow thats here now is two storms one the night i flew in and one over the weekend.. apparently there was zero snow here last week ( says the incredibly good looking female working at the petrol station out from my cabin )

Nightmare!  Not even close, it was a party!  Snowmachines blasting up and down the road, huge piles of it everywhere, XC skiing down the streets, cars literally being lost until the spring thaw.... it was great!  And man was it wet in the spring when it melted.

Here's another pretty snowy winter.  We'd get dumps like this overnight.  That's a snowmachine trailer with 2 sleds on it.

DSC00008.JPG

This is in spring on Spencer glacier when a lot of it had melted.

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

(you can see why they had to take the wires off)

haha, reminds me of Yellowstone last time i was there, the roads were cleaned up but you couldn't read a single street sign because the snow had covered them all

Santa is a great neighbor!  But I've got one complaint... his fricken reindeer keep getting out and eating my trees.  I got up this morning and sure enough there were new tracks out in front of the house.    :rudolph:    :nono:

post-32-0-07409800-1387563697_thumb.jpg

But then I looked a little closer.  Hmmm, these aren't reindeer tracks, they're way too big and deep for a lynx ... I must have had another wolf come through this morning.   :thumbsupsmileyanim:

post-32-0-90405000-1387563709_thumb.jpg

93' of snow?

I hope you mean that's the snow fall over the winter season.

If you woke upto a 93' snow drift you'd just have to hope the power lines kept going for the next 3 months and you didn't suffocate. It'd be up to the roof of a 6 storey building!

Interesting stuff, snow:-

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/where-does-the-deepest-snow-on-earth-accumulate