When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Christmas Presents have arrived!

dwswatches

Thanks guys, I have always been a fan of the Explorer 2, and i like the Milguass, but the Skydweller caught my eye, its a bit different and I love Rose Gold. Yes, it seems to work like the genuine, i really recommend going to Andrew at Trusty Time if you want one of these watches. I am now ordering a vintage GMT Master.

Thanks guys, I have always been a fan of the Explorer 2, and i like the Milguass

Why everyone is always misspelling that? Repeat after me guys... it's MILGAUSS, not "Milguass". :D

PS: Nice watches. I'd like to see more shots of the Sky-Dweller too. Merry Christmas.

I've always been a big fan of Rose Gold, and my favourite watch is my Rolex Day-Date with a MOP Dial and Diamond Hour Markers and Rose Gold President Bracelet. I have bought many watches from Trusty Time and they have always been good. I am surprised that the Sky-Dweller hasn't got more attention when it came out, and even my local AD hasn't stocked any, and they have quite a big range.

Yes, the Bezel works just as the genuine, as far as how good it is to teh genuine, I am not sure! I have never been one of these people expecting a 100% copy of a replica that cost a few hundred dollars of a watch that would cost you thousands of dollars! Obviously the thing with gold is that you don't have the weight that the genuine has, thats why most of my watches are Stainless Steel.

Looking at Trusty's website for the movement and function specs on this Spacedweller there is no way it functions even a bit like the original.

Nice looking watch though.

Looking at Trusty's website for the movement and function specs on this Spacedweller there is no way it functions even a bit like the original.

Nice looking watch though.

Don't know why you'd say that. It is just a 24 hour wheel. When Andrew says 2813 he probably means 3804b. A GMT movement should work. the gearing might be a little different.

There is far more to the sky dweller than a simple 24hour wheel http://m.rolex.com/en/the-new-sky-dweller/

After looking at the video on the Rolex website, I agree that their is far more to the genuine watch's functions than any rep could possibly have. My question to the OP is this. If the bezel rotates, what exactly does it do? Does it change the date and time or the GMT ring? This is a revolutionary watch from a staid, ultra conservative company like Rolex! Although they have become more and more "mainstream" lately, it has mostly been in the realm of bingy watches, rather than innovations like the Sky Dweller. Would you expect that the SkyDweller is ultimately a replacement for the GMT?

• 4 weeks later...