When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A gem of a watchsmith among us! Misiekped is a terrific guy!

danielv2000

The 16600 is the rare modern Rolex I enjoy wearing. After owning a variety of models, the Super Sea Dweller V2 was the one I had stuck with the longest. Despite the arrival of many wannabe super reps, the SSD v2 has held up extremely well. The only issue I had was the oversized LEC on the crystal. When the BP SD arrived, many went crazy for it. The LEC was gone. My SSD V2 had already been modded, crown guards trimmed, it sported a gen insert, gen crown/tube, PBDad had done a great job of reluming the dial and hands. So, I did the only thing I could think of - I put my SSD v2 for sale and opted to start anew with the BP sd. My SD had a small issue. The swiss 2836 movement had lost its auto wind capabilities. I posted a thread on this seeking help. With this issue, the offers I received for the watch were not interesting. So, I decided to buy a BP and take the case and crystal from the BP and put in the guts of my SSD V2. I was fortunate to be contacted by a true gentleman of the board - member Misiekped. He had responded to my auto wind problem and offered to fix it as he was a watchsmith. He has been a member here for 6 or 7 years. After a few exchanges, I told him I would send him both watches to swap out the parts and fix the swiss movement. He also told me would service the movement I was keeping. On my next business trip, I mailed him the goods. The work was completed within a few days if memory serves me. He provided regular updates - at one point, we were PMing back and forth for almost an hour as he was keeping informed of what he was doing! When I received the watches, everything was perfect. I sold the BP SD that was now in the SSD case and wore the 16600 SD for a straight week while I was on holiday. I just reported back to him that the watch stayed in sync with the clock on my phone! Awesome!! I am extremely happy with Misiekped and his work. I have since sent him a 1665 MBW double red that had been parted but I asked him to put it back together as I need to sell it. The work was completed very quickly especially considering I sent it a week before xmas. I have not picked it up yet but the pictures he sent me indicate that the watch looks fabulous. So why am I writing this? I asked Misiekped why he did not openly publicize his talent. At the time, the whole MD2020 fiasco was still very fresh and no one knew what was going on with MD2020. So recently, after the 1665 work was completed, I again offered to post a review which can contain much more than positive feedback. So here we are. Misiekped has worked on 3 watches for me thus far. I have been extremely happy with his service and the cost associated with his work. Communication has been perfect. The 2 watches I did get back so far came back in perfect working order. The 1665 is ready but waiting for me to get myself in Conus. I recommend him if you need work done. He even relumed a seconds hand for me! As we are always in need of a qualified watchsmith, I thought it was time that I shared my find with all of you! Misiekped, thanks for your work! You have earned repeat business from me.

• Like 2

The 16600 is the rare modern Rolex I enjoy wearing. After owning a variety of models, the Super Sea Dweller V2 was the one I had stuck with the longest. Despite the arrival of many wannabe super reps, the SSD v2 has held up extremely well. The only issue I had was the oversized LEC on the crystal. When the BP SD arrived, many went crazy for it. The LEC was gone. My SSD V2 had already been modded, crown guards trimmed, it sported a gen insert, gen crown/tube, PBDad had done a great job of reluming the dial and hands. So, I did the only thing I could think of - I put my SSD v2 for sale and opted to start anew with the BP sd.My SD had a small issue. The swiss 2836 movement had lost its auto wind capabilities. I posted a thread on this seeking help. With this issue, the offers I received for the watch were not interesting. So, I decided to buy a BP and take the case and crystal from the BP and put in the guts of my SSD V2.I was fortunate to be contacted by a true gentleman of the board - member Misiekped. He had responded to my auto wind problem and offered to fix it as he was a watchsmith. He has been a member here for 6 or 7 years. After a few exchanges, I told him I would send him both watches to swap out the parts and fix the swiss movement. He also told me would service the movement I was keeping.On my next business trip, I mailed him the goods. The work was completed within a few days if memory serves me. He provided regular updates - at one point, we were PMing back and forth for almost an hour as he was keeping informed of what he was doing! When I received the watches, everything was perfect. I sold the BP SD that was now in the SSD case and wore the 16600 SD for a straight week while I was on holiday. I just reported back to him that the watch stayed in sync with the clock on my phone! Awesome!!I am extremely happy with Misiekped and his work. I have since sent him a 1665 MBW double red that had been parted but I asked him to put it back together as I need to sell it. The work was completed very quickly especially considering I sent it a week before xmas. I have not picked it up yet but the pictures he sent me indicate that the watch looks fabulous.So why am I writing this? I asked Misiekped why he did not openly publicize his talent. At the time, the whole MD2020 fiasco was still very fresh and no one knew what was going on with MD2020. So recently, after the 1665 work was completed, I again offered to post a review which can contain much more than positive feedback. So here we are.Misiekped has worked on 3 watches for me thus far. I have been extremely happy with his service and the cost associated with his work. Communication has been perfect. The 2 watches I did get back so far came back in perfect working order. The 1665 is ready but waiting for me to get myself in Conus. I recommend him if you need work done. He even relumed a seconds hand for me!As we are always in need of a qualified watchsmith, I thought it was time that I shared my find with all of you!Misiekped, thanks for your work! You have earned repeat business from me.
Daniel Thank you for the words I'm glad You satisfied with my work Just wait when you pickup the mail
  • Like 1

The 16600 is the rare modern Rolex I enjoy wearing. After owning a variety of models, the Super Sea Dweller V2 was the one I had stuck with the longest. Despite the arrival of many wannabe super reps, the SSD v2 has held up extremely well. The only issue I had was the oversized LEC on the crystal. When the BP SD arrived, many went crazy for it.

The LEC was gone. My SSD V2 had already been modded, crown guards trimmed, it sported a gen insert, gen crown/tube, PBDad had done a great job of reluming the dial and hands. So, I did the only thing I could think of - I put my SSD v2 for sale and opted to start anew with the BP sd. My SD had a small issue. The swiss 2836 movement had lost its auto wind capabilities.

I posted a thread on this seeking help. With this issue, the offers I received for the watch were not interesting. So, I decided to buy a BP and take the case and crystal from the BP and put in the guts of my SSD V2. I was fortunate to be contacted by a true gentleman of the board - member Misiekped. He had responded to my auto wind problem and offered to fix it as he was a watchsmith. He has been a member here for 6 or 7 years.

After a few exchanges, I told him I would send him both watches to swap out the parts and fix the swiss movement. He also told me would service the movement I was keeping. On my next business trip, I mailed him the goods. The work was completed within a few days if memory serves me. He provided regular updates - at one point, we were PMing back and forth for almost an hour as he was keeping informed of what he was doing!

When I received the watches, everything was perfect. I sold the BP SD that was now in the SSD case and wore the 16600 SD for a straight week while I was on holiday. I just reported back to him that the watch stayed in sync with the clock on my phone! Awesome!!

I am extremely happy with Misiekped and his work. I have since sent him a 1665 MBW double red that had been parted but I asked him to put it back together as I need to sell it. The work was completed very quickly especially considering I sent it a week before xmas. I have not picked it up yet but the pictures he sent me indicate that the watch looks fabulous. So why am I writing this? I asked Misiekped why he did not openly publicize his talent.

At the time, the whole MD2020 fiasco was still very fresh and no one knew what was going on with MD2020. So recently, after the 1665 work was completed, I again offered to post a review which can contain much more than positive feedback. So here we are. Misiekped has worked on 3 watches for me thus far. I have been extremely happy with his service and the cost associated with his work. Communication has been perfect.

The 2 watches I did get back so far came back in perfect working order. The 1665 is ready but waiting for me to get myself in Conus. I recommend him if you need work done. He even relumed a seconds hand for me! As we are always in need of a qualified watchsmith, I thought it was time that I shared my find with all of you! Misiekped, thanks for your work! You have earned repeat business from me.

That's better ;)

Nice to know. Be ready, you may get more work than you can handle. ;)

We need a good US modder!

Dave...

Just a word of caution!

This post reminds me of how MD2020 started out.... We all know how that ended. Not saying that Misiekped is going down that same route. I don't know him nor can I say anything about his watchmaker skills. But when demand increases and a hobby turns into a business not many can handle the work load. I have seen a lot of watchmakers on different boards go belly up over the years. Leaving behind a trail of disaster and financial heartache.

So when you don't use a board approved watchmaker you are stepping into new waters... With all the risks involved.

I agree with Andy. As long as you don't take on either more work than you can handle or work that is beyond your skills, everything should be good. So my suggestion is, go slow, ask for details of what the customer is looking for in repair work, before taking on the task. Keep in communications with your customers on the progress and try to give good estimates on pricing and timeframe of how long the job should take. I don't mind waiting as long as I know what to expect, I'm patient. I never want to rush a skilled craftsman at their job. I'm sure everyone else feels the same way, we want to think my job (when working on it) is priority #1 at that time. Looking forward to hearing good reports from your customers.

Thanks,

Dave...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk