When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something for scammers and future scammer to look forward to.

Tonyyammine

Pretty sad that they police the VRF to the point that folks cannot get info out or people who have been scammed can't post.

AFA Steve Mulholland, I had several dealings with him a few years ago, and all of them turned out fine. however he apparently went "off the reservation" big time about a year ago, scammed some folks for a bunch of high end Rolex vintage watches. I would imagine when it's all said and done, he was into folks for many thousands of dollars. His excuse was he got married, and his new bride cleaned out his watches, as well as his bank accounts. He was on the Rolex Forum and the VRF for a time, with his tales of woe, promised to get everything straightened out and make restitution to everyone, which apparently he didn't. Sort of sounds familiar doesn't it? Same song,  second verse right here on RWG with our little modder/ repair person. Almost like he read Mulholland's Script and followed it to a "T" 

• Like 2

His neck is smaller than I imagined.

I also dealt with Steve a couple of times over the past few years, and every transaction was fine.  Sad that it's come to this. 

Unfortunately, while you can buy the seller and make sure that you deal with someone with a good reputation, you can't buy certainty that he'll flake out in the future. 

The tired mantra "Buy the Seller" is BS imho. I got a few screw jobs from some "Big Time Top Rated Sellers" that everyone would recognize, the last time being 10-2-01 on a tutone 6694 with a rotted out case. It was professionally detailed to look like new but was JUNK (long story). I am not counting 'attempted screw jobs' after that date. I only count the screw jobs that did not result in my $$ being returned.

Something else...when I sell a watch, I do not guarantee it against anything other than to be what I said it was. If they want it written down, I do it. Once the watch is out of my sight there is no telling what some damn idiot might do to it. Believe me...I have seen it all in the past 40+ years trading watches.

Example...I sold a nib w/p Fortis Spacematic 623.22.32 last week to a guy who asked if I would guarantee it to be 200M WR etc. I said "No! You just paid $700US for a new in the box watch that retails for close to $2000 and sells for around $1600 on eBay. The price you paid is your guarantee. Take it or leave it."

He took it and may buy another one.  :pimp:

• Like 1