When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated/new sales thread rules.

Mike on a bike

Guys I see some question on sales thread even from guys who should know better a few pointers.

Keep a few dealers in your book marks, look up the damn watch simple things like size just jump over find it then you know that among other things. What movement ? check it out they may have Asian at $250 and Swiss at $350 look it up then you know if a good deal. Then maybe PM seller post link is this your watch from Blah blah , yes OK I'll take good price or  maybe no looking for Swiss whatever. I am here under two years and never on a Rep site prior I do this on about any watch I had interest in or just curious about. Do it for a year you will know your sh*t !

Two more things tag Pics are now required here. I see this mostly from old timers who never caught rule change they usually have no problem fixing once I make aware but just letting everyone know less hassle.

Next you must leave price no taking it out after sale this allows price discovery on resale of item and yes IT IS A RULE under our editing sales threads guide lines.

Trading Zone Sales Rules

• STOP - READ THESE RULES BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR LISTING
  • This forum is for the sale of personal pre-owned Watches
  • You cannot sell Watches that have been purchased for the sole purpose of modding/upgrading then re-sold for profit
  • Your Sale should have a complete description of the Item
  • Condition of the Item should be clearly stated
  • Shipping and Payment instructions clearly stated
  • Selling Price and a Tagged Picture are mandatory
  • Rule of Thumb: honest sellers post good, clear pics to reveal details; dishonest sellers post dark, blurry or distant pics to hide them. Please beware of sellers who fall into the latter category
  • Any & all special terms must be clearly posted in the sale (payment methods, post count, membership length or status, etc...)
  • Your listing cannot be edited after it's posted - ALL pictures and description must not be deleted or changed this includes price
  • Any questions about these rules should be addressed prior to the listing
  • Violation of these rules will result in your privilege to sell on this forum being suspended
  • Thanks - The RWG Team~

From Admins check our sales rules thread:

Correct...

You can add anything you want to a thread via a new reply...

Just don't delete or edit any of the original info in the opening post...

The reason is so that there is a record should there be any after-sale issues...

The policy protects both the seller and the buyer...

TT

If you read through the pinned sales rule thread it is directly implied that price must stay.

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/118442-trading-zone-sales-rules/

Guys you are well aware that I do not follow these rules for our raffles I have four five watches per raffle at about one a month this is a board function and so as such I do it the way I do. It is just to time consuming w/ pics and as you know I am bad at it!  Keep in mind they are a lot of work administratively also and absolutely no profit is made by yours truly. In the first few I had watches now I must go out and buy them just for our raffles I have a 1000 $ on the street almost all the time restocking, sound like fun it was get to hold see a lot of models in your hands but trust me it gets old.

I felt the necessity to explain this as I posted rules above, if I do sell a watch on sales thread I follow them just like everybody else. :pimp:

Mike on a bike, peter29, vedet, Bing, Helfdane, htjhard, ldegeneve, sead1999, joevita, vauhti, brunik, roy8846, switi, garrincha, Steve G, tutima, Stuvetjee, tikitubab, elena, ta8088, bvc, thechicco, whoever, tommyv, lwenzel, peterlondon, Grammio, markiemark, rulosi, awltoga, ViSuaL, hotehu, spankster23, martijnp, F.Castro, goin6633, Chriss85, warbird1965, davids100, co-axial, hugop, juicemouse, blackbard, preacher62, jwatch, johndoe, Breit13, Blacksteel, rolli, w.genzo, benderbender0007, tommy721, LouieK, madbout, beano2004, marrickvilleboy, perp, Fonz77, fe22ari, mro, SynkRz, webwind, wfs8544, watchguy51, atomic_doug, philwongnz, shad0w, lumbee, lucakamon, Albranius, mstan83, panorama, Samurai, eyeguy, f.chocolat, aflop, _ATM_, Uberscreamer, secfincorp, lortay78, astonjenks, DoubleWristed, zizou_world, panasol, rol_man, xsxces, d0ntl00k@me.com, jeffmurray, hidden impact, abzack, bertiesdad, c1181427, ecko529, akshat lalvani, focal, sin147, Gr00v3, hrsihrsi, mikewatch, scherste, brodders, cozmick, joujeh, big_raji, Aero_Dave, superman99, jbetts1790, cyan4, asciwhite, Ecutcha, mpp, luise22, firnatine, misiekped, thnud3rco, chef_boy_rd, digitalnrg, hiker01, hsmooth, dhan1, Anakone, egyptianking, streethawk, shortyi11, AALANMan, jsonic6, pesimistis, criggs19, bobcat99, erick76, ctrlone, borz, coolestwatches, malamask, desertstorm, zackyh, infiniG, watchfreund, Silva, hilarryus, rg21044, TK471, ohad, submariner99, habibe, GBOGH, walooo, whitestripes, geilo, awynne56, Brodie, Przemo, Riomar, sam1977, siesta181, TT88, emdeevee, stolikat, TK 101, Stilian, akng, jpz5142, Manners, JoeyB, Gashers82, glenm, dannesyd, gianton, vinagra, popklister, madtonic, dentex, gerardnsx, firansky, Carizmatic, dbrinch, takakei, Lo', alautm, Ketjap Manis, stuarth, Ph4nt0m, dreich9999, elle, Pastorius, waynepersie, ingelero, champ, chewie, Garyb, JimmyV, maffix, pitstonehoops, mr.emulator, Prospex44, rusmintjan, yokohoma666, pane, maju, ctlawyer, apismo, wease, By-Tor, SSTEEL, 6now

Gents look at this screen shot, what do you see a lot of black very little color. We need color! PM me the new payment is simple I have gotten tens of twenty guys signed up no problem. I see a lot of names of guys I know who are here all the time come on just five bucks a month for VIP help out a little, you can do a $1.25 a week.

• Like 1

FYI  guys official rules from sales section have been changed to explicitly forbid after sale removal of price.

Trading Zone Sales Rules

• STOP - READ THESE RULES BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR LISTING
  • This forum is for the sale of personal pre-owned Watches
  • You cannot sell Watches that have been purchased for the sole purpose of modding/upgrading then re-sold for profit
  • Your Sale should have a complete description of the Item
  • Condition of the Item should be clearly stated
  • Shipping and Payment instructions clearly stated
  • Selling Price and a Tagged Picture are mandatory
  • Rule of Thumb: honest sellers post good, clear pics to reveal details; dishonest sellers post dark, blurry or distant pics to hide them. Please beware of sellers who fall into the latter category
  • Any & all special terms must be clearly posted in the sale (payment methods, post count, membership length or status, etc...)
  • Your listing cannot be edited after it's posted - ALL pictures and description must not be deleted or changed. Price must not be edited or removed.
  • Any questions about these rules should be addressed prior to the listing
  • Violation of these rules will result in your privilege to sell on this forum being suspended
  • Thanks - The RWG Team~

PS only admin can change these if you go look above is the way it reads now.

Trust but verify: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/118442-trading-zone-sales-rules/

Thanks Mike,

I know it would be a Pain in the butt, but other forums are pretty draconian when rules aren't followed, just go over to RepGeek, and look at the sales threads, see how many are "nuked" because rules aren't followed. Maybe we need to start doing that, as it makes folks comply, even those that don't want to!! My feelings are simply, If I have to follow the rules, and I do my utmost to comply, then everyone else has to as well.

Second what Mike said about membership. it's pretty distressing to scroll down to the bottom of the page and see about 90+ percent of the users are not members. As Mike said, it's no more than the price of one Grande Latte at Starbucks per month. What we have here are a few, carrying the load so that many freeloaders can have access to a free forum. I really don't think that's very fair. If you visit the forum one time and get information that keeps you from getting scammed by one of the scammer watch sites, the savings alone will pay for your membership for several years. Come on lets support the forum!!

All true my friend, I am awaiting my nuke capability and no not nuke happy, just in case. :pimp:

On this"If you visit the forum one time and get information that keeps you from getting scammed by one of the scammer watch sites, the savings alone will pay for your membership for several years." Let me expand IMHO worse are guys here with me day and night and do not feel it worth while to support their home, sometimes for years. :unknw:  :frusty:

Yes, I agree.  I was close the pulling the string on a $1250 scam job on line when I found this place.  Got 2 great watches for about what that one POS would have cost me.  So in my mind this place saved me a ton of money already, so paying $5 a month is a no brainer.  Even though I am a noob, think it is important to support the cause, especially since I plan on sticking around.  Finding good deals on quality merchadise is one thing, but the other benefit is all the knowledge/information and sharing of ideas--not to mention starting to develop relatioships with other members which is cool.  5$ a month is a great deal for all that. :pimp:

• Like 1

Yes, I agree.  I was close the pulling the string on a $1250 scam job on line when I found this place.  Got 2 great watches for about what that one POS would have cost me.  So in my mind this place saved me a ton of money already, so paying $5 a month is a no brainer.  Even though I am a noob, think it is important to support the cause, especially since I plan on sticking around.  Finding good deals on quality merchadise is one thing, but the other benefit is all the knowledge/information and sharing of ideas--not to mention starting to develop relatioships with other members which is cool.  5$ a month is a great deal for all that. :pimp:

Well said sir!! Thank you.

One thing I feel I must bring up.

In all my sale threads I have always ADDED to the original post text indicating any price reductions.

I always (try to) change the line with the previous price in so it appears with a line through it (strike through).

Technically this IS editing the "post", and anally technically it is editing the line that stated the price I am wanting, but I feel as the original text is still there, still readable, and apart from the strike through, it is untouched, this would be deemed acceptable.

The rules do not allow for this, but just about everyone does it.

Can the rules please be made a bit more specific so that it allows sellers to do this? And that they state that the original text MUST REMAIN but can be changed to a "struck out" font?

And that the TITLE of a FS post can have text prepended to it (added to the start) with the intention of informing others of a price reduction, or that all items have been sold; maybe have a short number of words that are allowed to be added to the start, like "[sOLD]", "[REDUCED]", "[WITHDRAWN]", etc?

That's a good point Fraggle.

We're not going to bust someone's chops for striking through their text. We're all grown-ups here and recognize the intent of the rule: to preserve the sale details for later review, for whatever reason. The struck out text is still readable and that's good enough. Nobody's going to get spanked over that (unless Victoria comes back). ;)

I thought that the strike through the price was a given fraggle (totally acceptable). As Nanuq stated it is still readable and it gives more indications on the watch's desirability, at that time of course. It is all about fair prcing in the future.

I've seen a few adverts where they haven't used strike through, just deleted the original price and put the latest price up. (can't remember which forum though)

I suppose even that's fine, so long as the final price it sold for remains, as that's the price future potential owners are interested in.

Gents look at this screen shot, what do you see a lot of black very little color. We need color! PM me the new payment is simple I have gotten tens of twenty guys signed up no problem. I see a lot of names of guys I know who are here all the time come on just five bucks a month for VIP help out a little, you can do a $1.25 a week.

In all honesty, the new paying system is bugged. I paid for VIP and a few days later I got an email that the service was suspended due to not paying. I pm'ed admin and he fixed it right away. Next day, same thing happened again. So at this moment, while I did pay for VIP I am browsing as a regular member.

This is a payment receipt for Invoice 11897 sent on 14/01/2014

VIP Forum Upgrade (21/01/2014 - 20/02/2014) $5.00 USD

This should still be valid, right?

Thanks Mike,

I know it would be a Pain in the butt, but other forums are pretty draconian when rules aren't followed, just go over to RepGeek, and look at the sales threads, see how many are "nuked" because rules aren't followed. Maybe we need to start doing that, as it makes folks comply, even those that don't want to!! My feelings are simply, If I have to follow the rules, and I do my utmost to comply, then everyone else has to as well.

Second what Mike said about membership. it's pretty distressing to scroll down to the bottom of the page and see about 90+ percent of the users are not members. As Mike said, it's no more than the price of one Grande Latte at Starbucks per month. What we have here are a few, carrying the load so that many freeloaders can have access to a free forum. I really don't think that's very fair. If you visit the forum one time and get information that keeps you from getting scammed by one of the scammer watch sites, the savings alone will pay for your membership for several years. Come on lets support the forum!!

First, enforcing rules needs people who enforce. Even though I understand that Nanuq, Andy and Freddy have a life outside the online world, I must say that this board

is simply the slowest moderated replica board around. I mean, check out the Moderator list and you'll find that some Mods haven't even been active for a 5-12 days period.

Have you counted how many Mods RG, RWI or the other RWG have? Simply because Mods have the right for a life outside of this board.

That Mike, a member for not even 2 years, is handling Raffles, the MD disaster and several other things without becoming a Mod shows that 

this board is reluctant to make changes.

Second, I'm a member of this forum, because I like vintage Rolexes and this is the spot where many Franken builders go online from time to time. A lot a people show great attention to detail and knowledge.

However, I'm not a paying VIP member despite the time I hang out here.

Why? Because I'm am VIP or have been a VIP on other replica boards.

Why else? Because this board has just the lowest activity rate.

Why else? The search engine, amongst other features is [censored] and not working correctly.

Why else? Because this board has barely improved since I joined. 

How does RWG want to attract supporting members? 

With this attitude?

Yep, Those are the real free loaders. I suppose a lot of folks just feel like if you can get on a site and they don't make you pay at the door, then it's all free. 

No.

Well, I mean no disrespect but that's at least my prospective why this board has such a hard time finding new supporters.

Calling them free loaders won't help I fear.

Akira , I am sure Panerai can defend himself but for my part I have tried everything but standing on my head and you know I did not go there but in my heart of hearts........................

Panerai doesn't need to defend himself. I understand what he meant, but I'm trying to offer a different perspective.

I also didn't say that you weren't trying as hard as you can and I don't mean to disrespect your efforts.

But I hope it's clear why I feel changes could make this board better...Doesn't mean at all that I'm right nor that my approach is the only way.

Edited by Akira

Akira,

Maybe my choice of words wasn't the best. And I agree with you that this board has the least activity of any of the rep forums. I visit RepGeek fairly regularly, mainly because the AP forum there is much more active than here, also their rep watch trade forum is busier. I will say that the Rolex forum here is much better. Possibly not as many posts, but content wise more comprehensive.

I'm not sure what it would take to raise the activity level here, but I'm sure any input would be appreciated