When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need your help about a problem with a TD

prdubis

Hi mates,

I am having some troubles with a TD here an especially at RG. I've placed an order for the newest PAM372 and an AP RO 44mm just before CNY, and it was shipped to me through UK. That's a $1000+ order.

Ten days ago, as it hasn't arrived yet, I checked the tracking number and it said the parcel was delivered to another country. I shot a PM to the TD team to know what was wrong and got an answer about 5 days later. My parcel was sent by mistake to someone else in The Netherlands. The guy there got the watches delivered and the staff was trying to contact him to have the watches shipped back to me.

I am not very comfortable at it now, as communication has stopped with the TD, nobody answer my emails and PMs anymore and I don't have any updates about this matter. I've been told that someone had the guy in The Netherlands on the phone, but I don't know anything more: did he ship the parcel back to me? Did he unpack the watches or even tried them on?

I've asked the TD to have the watches returned to them and to send me brand new watches as I've ordered and paid for but got a negative answer.

What can I do now?

Thanks all for your help!

If its a 44mm ROO and it was shipped before CNY, that TD would likely be Puretime.

The guys there probably need a course on effective communication and also Geography, going by your post.

I think being a TD, they would sort it out for you, but it would take time. I do not think that a return is warranted now, as the watches are in unknown condition. 

Wait till you receive them (if you do) and then ask for a return if they are not in brand new condition. That is unfortunate as it would take up more time but its fair I guess as far as matters in this hobby goes...

I hope you get the watches delivered to you from Holland! Good luck buddy!

A

I'm sorry to hear that! Is the Dutch guy a RWG member? If you need a translater or something, I'm from the Netherlands if I can help you with something, just let me know :)

you are beginning to sound like a Dutch, Martijn. :lol:

Thank you guys I really appreciate it. The guy is called Stefan.

Actuallyi I am pretty sure the TD will sort it out for me, but I ma a bix anxious as I would like to get some updates about how things are going (shipped? condition?). And if the watches are not mint, I won't have any recourses...

I'm quite new here, however also becoming very experienced :) It is always a tad more dangerous ordering just before CNY as the guys there are winding down ready to party for a couple of weeks. I always wait until a week or two afterwards to make any order, we're all patient guys right :) :) :)

AJ

I think at this point i would ask for a refund you have proof they were not delivered to you  who knows if this stefan guy will ever send them back to the dealer 

its not been your fault and i think any decent dealer would refund you 

Shipped by the guy who got them delivered to him by mistake.

PayPal sent me an email about this transaction as well as they are enquiring about it even if I did NOT open a dispute. Got a message today for the TV asking to give a positive feedback to his transaction as PayPal blocked their account...

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk"

Why on earth would PayPal be investigating the transaction if the payment has been made and it's all finished as far as they are concerned?

Did you put any comments in with the Pp payment?

I'd do some investigation, search on the forums for anyone with that name and of the correct location and ask them direct. I'm sure once they find out its a member who will lose out and not the dealer, they won't have any problem forwarding the watches to you.

I'm not a noob the only comment I left was the order number i.e 5 digits

Here is a copy of the mail I've received from PayPal

Dear XXXXXX,

This is Daniel from Merchant Risk Monitoring Team, PayPal INC.

Sometimes, we select PayPal user to give us feedback on the product or service they pay with PayPal, and this time, we need your help to finish this business investigation.

We noticed that you had made 1 transaction in amount around $1,101.00 USD through PayPal to account email XXXXXX during Jan, 21. We are writing to confirm that did you receive the product (Service) and whether you are satisfied with this product (Service).

Since, these transactions can be large amount payments, therefore, knowing this can be very important and helpful in finishing our credit risk investigation on this seller in a timely manner. Your feedback matters and we encourage you to reply us with your answers to our concerns above.

For anything concerns with this, please don’t feel hesitant to contact us.

Regards

Daniel

PayPal

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk"

I'm quite new here, however also becoming very experienced :) It is always a tad more dangerous ordering just before CNY as the guys there are winding down ready to party for a couple of weeks. I always wait until a week or two afterwards to make any order, we're all patient guys right :) :) :)

AJ

+1 . That is what I would do. And make use of the CNY discounts too.

From the choice of words on the paypal message, Im not sure it's from paypal. Better ck that! As for your watches, I doubt you will get those watches. The TD should send you some new watches. However, the dealers do not return from CNY until feb18th. After that you should be able to resolve your problem. It may take a few more days, but you should eventualy get you watches.

That sounds like a routine PayPal inquiry, random, based on buying from China and because of the amount. basically they just want to make sure you got the merchandise and were satisfied with it. I feel like this is based on chargeback/ disputes with particular areas of the world.

Not exactly sure how you should answer the inquiry. If you ignore it, it may raise red flags at PayPal and may have as the dealers account is frozen. I think what I would do is tell them honestly, the dealer was delayed in shipping because of CNY and you had not received the merchandise, however you had been in communication with the dealer and they were planning to ship as soon as CNY was over. That would still leave you and opening to open a PayPal dispute later if they don't deliver your watches. This is absolutely the dealers fault, they sent the package to the wrong address in the wrong country, completely out of your control. I wonder if this was a "Daisy Chain" F**k Up by the shipping dept. Someone else may have gotten Stephan's watches, and on down the line, so several folks may be in the same dilemma as you.

Sorry pbdubis, I didn't mean to imply you were a noob! Just covering all bases.

I agree that the email from PayPal just looks like a routine query to follow up a transaction from a (probably) "high risk" country with a large amount in the transaction.

If it were me I would reply to PP saying you're happy and all is well, send a copy of the email to the dealer showing the dealer you're trying to protect their PP account which I would think would make them happy enough to send out new watches to you.

I would think the profit they'd loose if their PP account was closed permanently would be a hell of a lot more than these three watches cost.

So that's what I'd, but I give people the benefit of the doubt more than most do, and probably get suckered in a few times as a result. Karma dude! :)

Hope it all works out for you.

Stefan would have accepted to ship the watches back to me but did not provide any tracking number yet.

I am pretty embarrassed as I have no recourse if the watches are worn or damaged or if the parcel is empty or even if it get lost.

I really don't know what to do as I have asked the TD to ship new watches to me and have the other ones returned to him by Stefan and he refused.

To he true, it's the first time I may consider opening a dispute...

"Envoyé depuis mon M6pro avec Tapatalk"

tbh it's the dealers fault or someone he works with so its not up to you to chase stefan its up to the dealer to make sure they arrive and sending them back to get new ones i don't think is out of the question . 

is it a trusted dealer could the admin pos try and help