When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hard to stop wearing

zippin23

I've had this old fossil for 19 years. It's been on my wrist through Iraq, Afghanistan twice and southern watch in Saudi. I got hit with an IED with it on my wrist, faught in Operation Anaconda with it on there. The thing has taken a lickin and keeps tickin.post-61705-0-83558900-1392520468_thumb.j

Edited by zippin23
  • Like 1

I know. I wish they had the replicas in quartz. I buy them because I like the style and looks, not because of the movement. It's had at least a bakers dozen batteries ran through it. Ha

Edited by zippin23

A salute to you sir for all that you have gone through to keep us free. I agree with Daz, there are lots and lots of nice sturdy quartz watches around, Tag's, Seikos, etc. Problem to me is most of the boutique watchmakers (genuine) are producing great mechanical watches, but for some reason are not too interested in building really sturdy quartz watches. Check out this link, Ocean7 makes some really nice watches at a very good price point. I have three of them, and I have used the two Ploprof models on numerous Scuba trips. Very nice, sturdy and not expensive.
http://www.ocean7watchco.com/store/lm-5ad-quartz-chronograph-dress-diver-with-domed-sapphire-bezel.html

• Like 2

Zip, thank you for serving. It humbles us to have you here.

It seems fitting to set you to VIP level for a bit ... let's hope it lasts awhile before the software finds it and "fixes" it.

Thank you sir and welcome aboard.

Zippin23. Thank you for everything you have done for us all. a watch does not always need to be fancy like a Rolex/AP etc, I can only wonder what journey that fossil has been though on your wrist.

I have a friend in the British army, and he has always donned a simple Casio Quartz, been though hell and back and still working fine and it never leaves his wrist.

Thank you again sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My "grail", Breitling Aerospace I bought from a UK chap who is in the RAF and flies Hercules planes in and out of combat zones - it's quartz and has one big dent on it from when he came under fire, went to grab his weapon and heard and felt the hard "clunk" as metal made contact with metal.

Total respect for him and you and all comrades and I don't ever intend to get that dent removed.

Haha, never really thought of it that way. The only problem with that theory is that the now "x" wife sent it to me while i was deployed way back when. The sentimental value really isnt there.

I'm having a thought here... :Jumpy:

Are you sniper rated?

Do you think you could paste a photo of your "x" to the crystal and drill it at 800 yards with something large caliber? More?

This could be very, very good....