When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Poll Leader

tvt

I'm not sure where I should post this but I think this is probably OK...

I have been trying to keep track of the ongoing polls but with so many it is tough. Is there anyway to see a running tally of which watch is in the lead or maybe daily updates or something?

Unfortunatley for me the ones I picked seem to be lagging, oh well. Doesn't seem to have any clear cut winner thus far.

Also, will there be any "final vote" or is the poll winner the final winner? In other words will liek the top 5 be moved on to a second round of voting and then narrow it down from there or what?

Thanks...

Do you mean like Puggy's and jtb's :D

Mine is eligible. There has been no mention of a non-chrono up-to-date Aquatimer made by any dealer.

As for deleting, that'd just encourage people who missed the deleted watch to start a new poll for it. Ineligible watches should, in my opinion, be locked.

.............and another thing.............There is now such a groundswell of interest in the "best ever sub" that it ought to be taken seriously. Jeez it might even be the leader at the moment. :unsure:

Not to mention it's poll was posted up hours before the new conditions were.

Unlike most other previously attempted reps, there is a certain folklore and antiquity with the sub and an exception should be made to include this one iconic, previously attempted rep.

*steps off podium*

JTB

Unlike most other previously attempted reps, there is a certain folklore and antiquity with the sub and an exception should be made to include this one iconic, previously attempted rep.

... and we've heard that the Shaolin Mafia wouldn't let it happen. :D

It doesn't matter what the outcome of the vote is if Jay says he's not doing a Sub.

I'm not sure where I should post this but I think this is probably OK...

I have been trying to keep track of the ongoing polls but with so many it is tough. Is there anyway to see a running tally of which watch is in the lead or maybe daily updates or something?

Unfortunatley for me the ones I picked seem to be lagging, oh well. Doesn't seem to have any clear cut winner thus far.

Also, will there be any "final vote" or is the poll winner the final winner? In other words will liek the top 5 be moved on to a second round of voting and then narrow it down from there or what?

Thanks...

So where are the tallies ?

Once calculated...I would love this pinned in the poll forum ...

Thanks Puggy ! ^_^

... and we've heard that the Shaolin Mafia wouldn't let it happen. :D

It doesn't matter what the outcome of the vote is if Jay says he's not doing a Sub.

Not sure what the votes are... but if it is the winner I think it would at least make sense to _tell_ Jay. If I were him I would want to know what the actual results were...

Not sure what the votes are... but if it is the winner I think it would at least make sense to _tell_ Jay. If I were him I would want to know what the actual results were...

We are not keeping anything from Jay,.. he visits the forum and knows what's going on...

Just as a side question, would you gamble your whole business on the production of one watch ?

We are not keeping anything from Jay,.. he visits the forum and knows what's going on...

Just as a side question, would you gamble your whole business on the production of one watch ?

Not my business. But then my business is not a watch business... :bleh:

It is cost/benefit. Far be it from me to tell him what to do; but I would hate for something to be held back.

Here are the current tallies as of 1600 EST

163353-11801.jpg

Thanks Section8.. hey you can move into my neighborhood anytime... ;)

Regards to the Sub.. I will do my best to speak to him .. however as I said before

it would have to be an underground project.. which means it won't be the first submission...

this first one has to make Jay some operation cash to continue this line of operations..

Thanks Section8.. hey you can move into my neighborhood anytime... ;)

Regards to the Sub.. I will do my best to speak to him .. however as I said before

it would have to be an underground project.. which means it won't be the first submission...

this first one has to make Jay some operation cash to continue this line of operations..

Isn't the production of any counterfeit watch an underground project? :unsure:

And why is there such a reluctance to go further with the sub, especially on a one-off initiative such as this?

As I said before there is, and always will be a groundswell of demand for this. All those lovely alternative suggestions (some of which are frankly in fairyland!) don't beat the old sub when it comes to what the punters want.

I won't cry if Jay says no but I set out to prove a point and regardless of what happens from now on in, I think I've proved my point and furthermore, the views of the dominant voters in this exercise are loud and clear.

JTB

Excellent work!

Why is the Aquatimer in light text?

I'm not sure. I just copied and pasted from each poll (thank god for tabs in Firefox) into excel and that's how it came out. I didn't make any effort to make it pretty other than sorting the data by highest YES votes. I'll update this again tomorrow, no sense in updating more often if this is running until January.

Isn't the production of any counterfeit watch an underground project? :unsure:

And why is there such a reluctance to go further with the sub, especially on a one-off initiative such as this?

As I said before there is, and always will be a groundswell of demand for this. All those lovely alternative suggestions (some of which are frankly in fairyland!) don't beat the old sub when it comes to what the punters want.

I won't cry if Jay says no but I set out to prove a point and regardless of what happens from now on in, I think I've proved my point and furthermore, the views of the dominant voters in this exercise are loud and clear.

JTB

What I mean by underground, is it would not be one of those that was posted on his website...

it would be like an mbw, word of mouth and board discussion only...

As far as the reluctance,.. we can only follow the wishes of the investor-risk taker-dealer,

and that request is for a never been released replica...

What I find frustrating,... is how so many people can't see past the one watch they

have in their mind at the moment,...

If we can do what he wants the first few times, giving him recommendations on a few best sellers,..

that it will give us the connections to do what we want in the end... ;)

Lastly,..All this Fairy, Limp Wrist stuff has to stop...Not only is it pure, ism-bias, that our board is above,

but the fact is,.. we are not asking our members to buy or wear any of these suggested watches..

we are only trying to find a watch that will sell to a block of people on the web..

not necessarily on our boards.. as our tastes are much more refined than the average joe...

Lastly,..All this Fairy, Limp Wrist stuff has to stop...Not only is it pure, ism-bias, that our board is above,

but the fact is,.. we are not asking our members to buy or wear any of these suggested watches..

By 'fairyland', he meant seriously improbable wishful thinking, not girly-man-ish.

Aah Kevin - methinks your objectivity slippeth somewhat. :lol:

Seriously though, I haven't bought a rep in quite a while now and to be honest I'm not that fussed about anything else that's kicking around including most of the suggestions in the polls.

Maybe it's rep fatigue but just maybe it's to do with a recognition that we're all being strung along in the belief that somebody will produce that A1 rep that will get us all wetting our undercrackers. Alas it just ain't gonna happen.

It does keep us on the leash though!

The fear of factories and dealers producing the perfect sub must surely extend to any other big time model, so you can all dismiss the prospect of that perfect Seahawk or Transatlantique or Easy Diver or Swordfish. It just won't happen.

I'm not trying to pooh pooh the initiative, because I support it, but in the final analysis it just comes down to a popularity poll of genuines. Remember that - genuines not reps cos the final choice ain't made it yet, whatever it is.

For sure the Ebel 1911 is a lovely watch but I'll bet you a quid to a wheelbarrow of [censored], if produced there will be those that will pick holes in the finished article. Why? Because they will exist.

It's the nature of the game and 2 years down the line the cry might be......."Who has the best Ebel 1911"

*Rant over*

JTB