When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fresh from a polish

cc33

I gave it to a friend who owns a used watch shop in town, he had it all disassembled and gave it to his polisher who polishes the gen watches that the store gets in. He did a great job, probably had no idea that the case wasn't genuine. It's a cartel case, I bought it from the sales section but the previous owner had the cg's done and fitted it with a gen crystal and crown.

Gorgeous piece. Love the polish work. I have been messing around with my dremel and different wire brushes on some of my old beaters and it takes much practice and expertise to get it to look like that. I am still not there yet. I can get the high polished chromed out look easy but that perfectly brushed look is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droptopman

Rather than wire wheels try using "Scotchbrite", I know the pros use wheels that are of that material in a few different courseness'.

Even working a green pad by hand can create a very genlike result....

Best, mcotter

Droptopman

Rather than wire wheels try using "Scotchbrite", I know the pros use wheels that are of that material in a few different courseness'.

Even working a green pad by hand can create a very genlike result....

Best, mcotter

Thank you. I recently found some green scotchbright wheels for the dremel. But using pad by hands makes sense. I will try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk