When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 PCG Odyssey

jackflash

This is a little something I'll be pulling together later today. This 5513 PCG started life as a 1680 case-set I bought from another forum. I've always fancied the 5513 chapter ring dial PCG model, so I thought I would give it a go. After softening the case and re-shaping the CGs the hunt was on for a suitable dial. Initially I wanted to go with an Ingod44. However, it turns out his dial isn't 27 mm as listed, more like a little over 26 mm. This would have been too small for the dial recess on the 1680 case. Hmmm, as I'd already re-shaped the CGs I needed to find another solution. So I decided to go for a Yuki 6538 dial which did have the required 27 mm diameter. Now although similar to the 5513 dial, it is naturally is a little different, the main tell being that "submariner" is written in gilt rather than white. However, this was the best option given where I was with the project. As well as the dial I also decided to use a Yuki bezel insert, pearl and Tudor hand set. The bezel itself was a one I found on eBay, from Clarks. This seems to be a one off as I haven't seen any others listed by them. Also from Clarks is the T19 crystal. The 702 crown and tube are from Athaya. So, having sorted the case, I re-lumed the dial, hands and pearl, more to match the colour rather than for the lume itself and gave everything a gentle patina. The movement is a Swiss ETA 2846, also sourced in eBay. Now to the pics :)

u5u4yra6.jpg

guja7are.jpg

u9e5eva9.jpg

uqasydaj.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...