When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watch identification

Legend

Guys

Some guy posted this watch on facebook and mentioned that it cost him a month's salary.

Can someone identify this watch and tell me that he does not mean he's earning $100 a month? :D

Thanks plenty!

post-39895-0-31731100-1399008418_thumb.j

The 5 instead of 7 is awesome!!

and the 4 instead of 5, if you look at it.. :D

He earns $100 a month. Even the 7 is missing.

:lol: ok but what watch is this supposed to be or what watch its emulating please? 

Lol...great catch. It's so screwed up the screw ups help mask the other screw ups.

that is profound.. so this is not some $5000 watch, you are sure?

Because he has stated that he has saved up the equivalent of one month's pay to buy it. :lol:

Maybe that faulty dial makes it really rare?

Could also be he bought it back in 1970, a Seiko quartz was as expensive as a Toyota Corolla those days....

No he said that he bought is "just yesterday" which translates to the day before, since I saw his post was put up yesterday. 

I do not even see a brand on the dial, which either means that its far too exotic for my knowledge or that...he needs a new job as stated previously. :D

It´s a special quartz watch bosses :euro: gave their employees so they had to work 11 hours from 9 to 6 without even knowing about :confused:  - they just thought time at work passed slower. :pardon:

Ahahaha!  A month's salary??

The dude is obviously unemployed, so he is basically saying he got the watch for free.

Probably some little kid threw away his toy watch, and this guy was rooting through the garbage one day and found it. . .

I think if it was a good make, and the dial was mis painted and slipped through QC (how???!?) it would be recognised as being very rare immediately and would go straight into someones safe, and would be in immaculate condition.

It's not some slight, tiny mistake you can't see is it?

This watch looks so familiar. I think it has appeared more than once in an RWG "Show me the worst watch you have ever seen" competition. This photo was probably snagged off of the internet by the guy on Facebook.

Maybe it's an Irish crazy hours?

:)

Don't be surprised if the owner decides to offer it to some other lucky buyer as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Edited by seriph