When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iyho, What's The Most Perfect Replica Available Today.

crystalcranium

Guest RiverwindMDS
The TAG Link Chrono datewheel is close enough, from what I gather. It's closer than that of the BB.

This is not true, as stated in many other threads the Hublot big bang datewheels in the gen there were used many different types, some with bolder datefont other with thinner, so that's not a problem at all.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread. It's interesting how the latest "dujour" watches seem to get everyones attention. However, If we're talking about closest to perfect, then this is probably the closest (and it came out a year ago).....in my opinion:

FM Conquistador with same movement as original:

post-15-1168881908_thumb.jpg

post-15-1168881964_thumb.jpg

I too own this watch and agree, except for the crown being wrong :wounded1:

I too own this watch and agree, except for the crown being wrong :wounded1:

The movement is not the same as the original its the "same spec as genuine". It's not even an ETA. It's a Seagul copy of the ETA 2892-A2. There was a thread a while back about nomenclature in how dealers describe their replica movements and this particular movement and it's description is one of the biggest offenders.

How about the Rolex Explorer I - some have said the etched crown is slightly too big (you'd probably need a loupe to confirm), but every other detail seems absolutely spot on.

Or have I missed something?

Pics????? Lots of dealers selling Rolex Explorer 1s. It being a reped Rolex, they're are countless versions.

If you have never seen the Tag link chrono in the flesh and you like the style of the watch you just have to get it.

Simple as that.

I was shocked by how good it is, it does not just look right, it feels right too.Its the best I've seen yet.

Hope people keep this thread going, I would love to see your suggestions.

The Carrera will follow in the Link's footsteps, especially when the steel bracelet version is out. I have held the gen in my hand hand many times, and the credit card in the other. I never pulled the trigger. I just got the Carrera yesterday, and aside from the date font (wrong on the link too) this is JUST like the real deal. It will surely become one of my faves. Whoever is making these Tags needs to branch out and apply the same philosophy to some other popular watches...oh yeah, and to the Aquaracer too!

I think the most perfect rep, in looks and feel, is this:

183698-6506.jpg

Plain Tag Heuer Link, impressive, modern looks and "beliveably cheap". The Checkerboard pattern on the dial is perfectly replicated.

The Link Chronograph might be just as close in looks and more macho... but the feel when you set the time on the ETA2826 is miles better than on the Chineese 7750. Also, the date is perfect centered in this model, in the 7750-version it is a little bit offset to the right.

My Link Review :victory:

Regarding the Ingenieur.. Am I the only one who thinks the hands are too short on the replica? :huh:

Actually, this you are probably right. This is probably the MOST accurate rep made. It is the only one I can think of that doesn't have a "except for" attached to its' nomination. In fact, I frequently spot this exact watch on TZ in "Is this real or fake" threads, and it has ALWAYS been identified as real. How can I tell it's a rep that's up for discussion in those threads? The serial # matches the one on Josh's site!

It helps that the real watch has the exact same movement, and the date font is perfect and I have never seen a pic with the alignment significantly off.

I agree! I see some new reps coming out and when I check the Gen prices they are 1K-2.5K. Tags are pretty common and really nothing special. Why bother?

How much can a Gen Seamster be gotten for? Still, it is one of the most popular reps ever. To be honest, I get more comments on my Aquaracer than any other watch I own. ...and the true way to be looked down upon by a real WIS...Wear a Sub!

I have received 2 from Andrew, and both have good subdial rings from what i see, i'll take some pics later today.

They did arrive with the 'incorrect'bold datefont, but i didn't bother emailing Andrew about it. Instead i called Cousins and today i just got 2 eta7750 white datewheels through the door! Cost was about £3.20 each.

Just wanted to add that maybe the subdial rings look more 'jagged' because the bottom half goes over the 'running track' part of the dial

I have received 2 from Andrew, and both have good subdial rings from what i see, i'll take some pics later today.

You sure?

I doubt there're two different dial versions.

They did arrive with the 'incorrect'bold datefont, but i didn't bother emailing Andrew about it. Instead i called Cousins and today i just got 2 eta7750 white datewheels through the door! Cost was about £3.20 each.

Best thing to do. :)

Just wanted to add that maybe the subdial rings look more 'jagged' because the bottom half goes over the 'running track' part of the dial

Agreed and i thing it's barely noticeable in the flesh without a loupe.

Lovely watch, post some wrist shots when you're not too busy. ;)

Those datewheels line up correctly after the swap? (i.e. not to far right anymore?)

Know of a source for them in the US? I'd love to have mine replaced. (who in the US wants to do it for me, along with realign the 12 marker - it's aligned like this |\ - how much?)

As far as the ragged subdials go, they're really not. They are smooth as can be except where the concentric rings go through them. This doesn't appear as a defect to me, and without a loupe or getting the watch right up to your eyes it isn't noticable. It's really just that the concentric rings run into the subdial a hair. I can't confirm that the Gen is not the same.

I would never claim to be an expert but I'd say $458.00 for something that you're always going to own up as being a replica because you are honest, (right?) when you can get something that would fool most anyway for a third of that price doesn't really make sense but there are hundreds here that won't agree with me.

JTB

I would never claim to be an expert but I'd say $458.00 for something that you're always going to own up as being a replica because you are honest, (right?) when you can get something that would fool most anyway for a third of that price doesn't really make sense but there are hundreds here that won't agree with me.

JTB

I'm interested. What exactly do they mean by "all operations are performed by Swiss Trained Technicians"????

Does theat mean the technicians are made in China and trained in Switzerland or are they made and trained in China and just sent off to Switzerland for final polishing and packaging?????

Or are these Chinese born technicians just very good copies of Swiss technicians made by Seagull? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well,we are searching for the "Best out-of-the-Box" .I know it is expensive,very expensive.But what about a MBW-Rolex?It is more expensive and you have to do very expensive Mods(Gen Parts).

Here are more Pics: http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=25770

Sex sells...LOL

Edited by Chrischy

Well,we are searching for the "Best out-of-the-Box" .I know it is expensive,very expensive.But what about a MBW-Rolex?It is more expensive and you have to do very expensive Mods(Gen Parts)

I think the MBW epitomizes the exact opposite of this ideal. Out of the box, it is a very medeocre replica. It probably does win the award for most modifiable but it is WAY down on the list of "perfects" out of the box.

That "perfect" Sub looks nice, but the cyclops and datewheel are positioned way too right on the crystal/dial.

When it's about Rolex reps there's always the "but". The positioning was perfect on Nooby (and its ETA incarnations), but now it has been screwed again. They can't (or don't want) to make the Sub right.

I think the MBW epitomizes the exact opposite of this ideal. Out of the box, it is a very medeocre replica. It probably does win the award for most modifiable but it is WAY down on the list of "perfects" out of the box.

I was talking about this one:http://watchwindersworld.com/rlss10005-perfect-black-submariner-swiss-28362-p-1045.html

Just skimmed through this topic again; should be mandatory noob reading for the next 5 months or so.

I was surprised the Pam 005 from davidsen was not listed; it might possibly be even more accurate than the 050 ?

sorry M8 but the dial print is off quite significantly and considering the crownguard it is by far not as a accurate as the 050