When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken promises from a trusted dealer

archierocks

So i like every one else ordered the pam 382 bronzo transaction as normal great Q/C in a few days shipped and delivered to the ok few days later. Watch arrives i unpack it like a kid to look and see the movement screws all out and the rotor jammed . looked like some damage to one of the winding springs too.

so i contact the trusted dealer given standard option you get it fixed or send it back to china after sourcing a repairer sssteel (i will review is awesome service later) i email the dealer. Simple I've sent the watch to be repaired  it's costing me 130 euros would you split the cost of the repair or offer me a future discount on purchases.

i get the normal oh our margins are too low to help with costs but don't worry we will look after you.

I've used the dealer a few times and thought thats fine great thanks so i ordered some more items and emailed its me blah blah broken bronzo cheers for the discount .Waited a week emailed could you send me the discount price so i can pay . Again heard nothing then pm on here oh yes give me your email and i will check and sort out the deal.

That was more than a week ago and again nothing so tonight I've just ordered  3 watches from another dealer and will prob order 3 more this weekend once i narrow down my wants list.

I think our trusted dealers sometimes need a little kick in the backside to maintain a decent level  of service on promises.

• Like 1

I find this rather alarming . As you guys know like most I travel all over the rep world and see much more of this and other transgressions. The question is has this been going on and nobody bothered to post or is there an uptick. This could be due to change in attitude in the group as a whole since SSteel posted in the movement debacle thread other RWG. Of course guys started checking their watches well you can guess the news was not good thread got longer and other threads popped up. In the past a guy came out over there against a dealer there (different than here) got jumped, now the worm has turned. :g:

I know mike thats what I'm doing i might only be one guy but i have more disposable income now than i ever had ad while i hunt down my gens il still collect reps i work in an AD and love seeing and comparing them to the gens.

Its a shame. It seems it dosent help much being an long time customer or RWG member when dealing with the TDS?

A week isnt that long in the replica business. How was the "but don't worry we will look after you" phrased by this dealer?

I guess I should clarify I do not find the fact dealer was slow to keep his promise that alarming but the condition of movement even with shipping just reenforces what I have seen else wear in regard to movements we get. The fact that Archie said OK screw you I'll go else-wear is a good move ,increase in response time is a function of sales if you get my drift................

Archie, same thing here.

Pam 289, worked for a few days. Died. Emailed TD, zero contact back, sent to Micky who first found a problem with a chewed up rubber mount.

That was fixed, got it back. Noticed that manual winding had a problem, and it didn't feel like a simple problem either. Back to Micky. Turns out there were teeth snapped off the intermediate barrel gear, affecting manual and auto winding.

Would cost more than the movement is worth, so luckily he had a used, good movement spare so that went in.

I won't say the cost, but approximately the same as yours was.

AVOID THE ZFactory - they build complete crap.

The purchase of my 389 was complicated slightly as it was thrown in with a good friends order, but why should that affect anything? I still paid for it.

Not naming the TD yet, give it to end of tomorrow and then let the mods have a go, and if that fails I'll have no problems posting the TDs name and a full factual account of what's happened in all the forums.

Guys, how is possible to avoid a factory if it's extremely rare to get which factory is producing a watch? Except some Noob and BP, I've seen No factory indication AT ALL in the dealer sites...

Which is the secret???

Tnx, GenTLe

For some reason I have more bad movements in that last 6 months. They have been put together, the movement, with some really old and bad parts. My supplier of the Asian movements has really had a hard time getting movements from the factory. I assume all the dealers are too. Maybe that's why I see so many bad movements.

I believe the dealers are getting these crappy watches from the factories, and they are between a rock and a hard place, how much recourse do they have back to the factories? Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking up for the dealers one bit. They could do some QC AND catch 90+% of the problems before they ship a watch! but they don't. They ship them and hope that they are OK, but they are pretty secure in knowing that very few people are going to take the time, trouble, expense and risk of sending a rep back to China, so they really don't have a worry.

Another thing, we sometimes are our own worst enemy, something new gets announced, and we go into a feeding frenzy, bombard the dealers with emails, post a zillion posts about how wonderful the new "such and such" is and we can't wait to get one, which is exactly what the dealers want. Case in point, the new AP Bumblebee. On one of the other forums, there is a thread with over 1000 posts about this watch. It's going to start shipping, and there are so many folks clamoring for one that the dealers don't care if 10% of them have problems. The 50 guys that got bad watches out of the 500 that are sold are going to be unhappy, but the other 90% are going to be happy as clams! and they will more than drown out that unhappy 50! The dealers know that there are very few sources for these reps, so I'm sure they figure that a customer might be unhappy, but in a few months, he will want something that only I have, and he will be back. Plus there are always new suckers to take the place of old unhappy ones. It's pretty sad, but I'm afraid that they don't really care as long as there are customers willing to buy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

got it back. Noticed that manual winding had a problem, and it didn't feel like a simple problem either. Back to Micky. Turns out there were teeth snapped off the intermediate barrel gear, affecting manual and auto winding.

Would cost more than the movement is worth, so luckily he had a used, good movement spare so that went in.

I'd like to chime in here that you should **never** hand-wind a 775x movement unless it is while saying a prayer. The Gen and the replica will both strip out their winding gears when you do this. Don't do it.

Hi Archierocks, respect for Your attitude moving on in style and posting this as well. Fine forum here too for being able to post and not getting flamed immediately. :clap:

For my part can´t hear the "go buy a gen" excuse any more when it comes to really bad misalignments and broken new movements on $400 and $500 reps. 

With the upfront payment the bigger TD´s really simply don´t care, probably always enough newcomers around.

In my opinion it´s a healthy attitude to inform them how much business they lost for the future and possibly the only attitude a buyer can have until the message

goes through to the factories.

When it comes to flashlights produced in China the cheap stuff reminds me a lot of (bad) rep-assembly while the expensive ones are flawless and top-notch.

Fine threading, micro-aligned Cree LED´s, perfectly working and smooth magnetic control rings and switches, well oiled O-rings and waterproofness and the main

issue: out of 10, 8 are perfect and 2 are very good, none is crappy or doesn´t work on arrival. QC-issues = 0. Some are copied designs. So it´s more than possible.

Morning guys

So 3 out of the last four watches I have got from one dealer (all ZF by the way) have had issues!

1) Firstly my Bronzo that I did lots of patination on had loose movement scres when it arrived, no biggie, I dealt with that as I have the tools and basic ability, however after several weeks, more screws flying around and jammed up the spring causing damage. The Bronzo left me on the 7th May and still has yet to be received by the TD as repair costs were something I did not want to swallow again.

2) I ordered my and Fraggles PAM 389 and after a very short period of time Fraggles had a problem with the movement and he got it serviced as none of us like sending back to China for obvious reasons.

3) I ordered a PAM 441 which arrived in great time, but as soon as I wound it the movement seemed ok, but the watch runs for a few hours, losses several minutes per hour and then stops altogether.

So as someone who buys a lot of watches as you guys know, I thought this is getting ridiculous and sent the TD an email saying, ' 3 out of the 4 watches you have supplied are not working properly and require servicing/repairing and I am becoming an Unhappy customer' the reply, oh, what bad luck!

Praise where praise is due, however these guys must stand by their products, how can they say if it gets confiscated at customs we will send a replacement, however if it is broken or not working properly thats tough, that surely cannot be right?

Something to consider perhaps is that we build a league table not only for service/qc pics, communication and delivery time but one that confirms the products relaibility and Fit for purpose use, list the brands and the TD's and let the cream rise and those TD's that the 'Trusted' is found to be misplaced no longer take collectively $ooo's of thousands of our hard earned without any recourse.

Rant over but you get my drift!

AJ

• Like 3

Andy/guys,

I have been giving thought to PMing my counter parts on RWG bz, RG, and RWI whom I have good working relationships with in regard. I feel if we as a group make it know to all our dealers that this is getting out of hand they will react. They are the ones who must tell factories to cut the crap the customers are wise to it and it ain't gonna float. I know a lot of you go to other boards and I also know at other places you may get jumped for posting problems but you must I need your help to help you. If you have a legitimate case post it and send me the link I will back you up. We need to get all the boards on the same page if we want to exert enough pressure to effect change.

Andy/guys,

I have been giving thought to PMing my counter parts on RWG bz, RG, and RWI whom I have good working relationships with in regard. I feel if we as a group make it know to all our dealers that this is getting out of hand they will react. They are the ones who must tell factories to cut the crap the customers are wise to it and it ain't gonna float.

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Also to me it would be a wise idea to have QC pictures after confirming the order but BEFORE paying.

Don't know if this is feasible, but in normal life I'm used to evaluate the goods before paying for them... Once the dealers have my money in their hands there's not much we can do...