When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gold rolex replica

Guest kongenafcypern

Guest kongenafcypern

Hi guys.

Im new here on the forum's, and im looking for a replica rolex watch made extacly like the real models..

I have my own Daytona 18K Gold watch, and im getting abit tired of it but dont want to sell(got a history with it) and dont have the moneys for another one, so thats why im looking for a replica rolex. I would like to buy a model like the Daytona 18K Gold i have pictures here: but i dont have a specific model, and i dont know what site or dealer i should use, hope i can get some help, and thx if people want to help.. Really appreciate it..

post-65374-0-38045700-1404999015_thumb.j

post-65374-0-85895200-1404999015_thumb.j

post-65374-0-38628300-1404999016_thumb.j

Guest kongenafcypern

Welcome. Check out Andrew &/or Josh in the Watches forums, but be aware that the layer of 'gold' flashing on reps is both thin & easily worn off.

Thanks man! I dont know much about rep gold watches, but it sounds pretty logic that it doesnt shine like the real ones, so i might go with something else, but is there another material theres, like gold but also works with rep watches?

Btw i like the shiny/class the gold rolex watches has

When you go with gold reps, the key is to realize that you can't wear them day in and day out. Occasional use is best- like special occasions.

Or be ready to replace parts like the bracelet when they do wear out.

My latest watch in gold is a Datejust that I put together and it has a $20 GP oyster bracelet- easy enough to replace when it wears out. The case came from Mymanmatt.

photo_zps41658cfe.jpg

I also got a gold YM from Andrew about 3 years ago--it's held up ok- has the 2813 movt so it was only like $150

It looks just like this gen!

16628-wt-w-z-full1.jpg

If you were to buy a gold Daytona with the running seconds at 6, it would only be a question of what held up longer- the gold plating or the movement- those seconds at six movements are notorious for crapping out.

Mymanmatt Day Date holds up really well and is a great piece. You can find him here username mymanmatt. This one has gen dial, crown and crystal and solid gold bezel. Had it about 6 months with fairly regular wear and case and bracelet are still like new.

juqehatu.jpg

ygepa7yp.jpg

e7yda6az.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Guest kongenafcypern

Thanks for the posts guys, but i didnt necessary mean the hole watch had to be gold, just some nice shiny peice of it :-) Im not very much into the specific models of rolex.. But i like the shiny but classy look of rolex gold watches.. And i want to find a model with shine but class..

Sorry but gold rep watches always look like gold rep watches. My advice is pay as little as possible because they always look like the cheep stuff you can buy of the bloke on the beech on your hols. Sorry but that just my opinion

Don't mean to offend fellow members but come on

No offense taken, but you really have to see one of Matt's pieces in person and hold it in your hands. I have been wearing gen Rolexes since the mid 80's and I had a gen DD like this a few years ago and this looks and feels very good. Weight is a little off but it is surprisingly nice. I agree that most do not look good but pictures don't really show how good that DD looks and feels.

Just my opinion...or go with a two tone and get either a gen bracelet or high end rep bracelet with solid gold mid links. Something like this

by9aza3u.jpg

etuzygyp.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I agree with dtm above, you might go tutone. I put a few tt DJ together using steel replica DJ cases that will accept genspec sapphire crystals and case tubes with swisseta 2836 with date wheel overlay plus genuine or good aftmkt dials and they all turned out just fine. I used solid gold genuine or aftmkt fluted or smooth bezels, genuine crowns and aftmkt ss/14k jubilee bracelets with replica clasps. Always use metal spacers with case clamps and screws to hold the movement solidly in place (no plastic spacers!), check them for wr down to about 30m and the watches will be trouble free.

They will end up costing around $1500 at today's gold prices but if you get good deals on the bracelet and bezel you can take the watch apart and sell the parts and get most of your $$ back in a few years if you decide to sell out. It's hard to tell 14k gold from 18k gold on center links so I always go with lower cost 14k even when the bezel is 18k.

When I bought the bezels and bracelets, gold prices were a lot lower and bracelets and bezels cost about half of what they go for today so a watch was around $1000 back then. If you figure a 16233 in good condition is around $3000 today, $1500 is still a lot of $$ for a replica but with a genuine watch you might need expensive part$ and $ervice but with a replica you will not. Otoh, like I said, you can always wear it a few years then part it out and lose only a few hundred bucks or maybe break even depending on gold prices.

With a good dial and bracelet these watches are very hard to tell from genuine, unlike submariners.

Why's that?

Because there are not many DJ 'experts' walking around but submariner 'experts' are everywhere, They are easy to spot...most are grownups wearing genuine submariners...acting like they are 5 or 6 years old.   :pimp:

• Like 1

" but submariner 'experts' are everywhere, They are easy to spot...most are grownups wearing genuine submariners...acting like they are 5 or 6 years old."

Damn R, who told you I was acting like a 6 year old?

I do agree that a TT DJ is a good watch as far as holding up- bezel, crown and center links don't get the wear that other parts get- lugs, outside links....

I'm just glad I built mine 7 yrs ago when you could get the gen case for $200 and the dial for another $75- it would be a good daily beater, but I'm not a TT DJ guy- just on certain occasions!

Have you thought to go for a different brand? ;)

I.e. give a look to this one:

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=931

Or this (but beware this model is with no AR coating on the glass):

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=75_150&product_id=1026

They're both classy but not too "old style".

• Like 1

I shot my mouth off. Apology to the 'goat. :inverted:

Waaay back at a watch show, a dealer guy from Dallas told me they call yeller gold DDs Texas Timexes.

Dammit! I did it again. :pimp:

You are absolutely correct though. The mark of success in the oil patch was a Gold DD and a pair of Alligator boots!! Back in the "gook old days" we had a Rolex dealer here in our little town. The lady that owned the business told me that she sold more Gold DD's than all other Rolex watches combined. Of course back then, you could get a brand new DD with the Gold "president" bracelet for around 4 K. Now I think the bracelet alone is more than that.

Matt built a Gold DD for me with a genuine dial, crown, crystal and bezel, great watch. The only problem is his cases are sterile, no engraving, so it has that "tell" if you wear it on a strap, otherwise it's perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gold project...

I have a solid 18k aftmkt DD case but never finished it because the dial window is about 1 or 2mm too big for a standard rolex DD or DJ dial. I had a slightly larger od Bulova Oceanographer dial refinished as a 'California' dial but it is just barely big enough to keep from falling through the dial window so it will not work without a precision spacer and a lot of hassle...the inside of the case has no case clamp brackets etc. I thought maybe a dial from a modern jumbo DJ might work but do not know the od of the dials.

Cases similar to it on eBay are over $3k now (!!).