When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The best Mont Blanc pens! Who?

Rolexman

There are allegedly AAA, AA and A grades of rep MB pens. I have only bought AAA and they are superb. Only ball points and rollerballs. Always replace the cartridges with gen or another high quality refill like Monteverde.

uju8anav.jpg

uhuheve7.jpg

zame9e6y.jpg

Not sure what the lower grade reps are like, but the AAA engravings are excellent. Even the laser-etched serials on the clip:

juneta5u.jpg

It's been awhile since I've bought any but I recall having to specify that I was only interested in AAA grade and was provided a list. Forget about fountains. No rep nib can match the gen quality.

• Like 1

Agree about the fountain pens. To me, and I have collected pens for many years, primarily vintage pens, the nib is the heart of the pen. No matter what the pen looks like, if it doesn't have a nice nib, it's a non starter to me. One of the reasons I like vintage pens, is because the old nib makers were masters at making flexible nibs. If you love fountain pens, writing with a flexy nib is pen heaven. Most of the modern pen manufacturers can't get nibs right, so I'm sure rep makers can't!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the plunge rolexman, I'm very interested.

I collect pens, have a bunch of them from Narikaa, been using them for years and some have held up better than others, but almost all have had the black lacquer chip off here and there. The other issue is none of them take gen refills, I use Parker gel roller refills, and they work nicely.

Thanks Guys. DB hooked me up with his contact. I will order one or 2 and report back.

Me too but getting a few to optimize shipping expense. He had some with Rolex logos too. I know....but had to have it.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I had a few email exchanges with the guy and he tried to tell me his Le Grand MB was good, and sent me a pic of the Classic. Eventually he sent me a pic of a Le Grand rep but if was nowhere near as good as the Classic. Very poor. So spend due diligence.