When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer avec Jubilee?

jmb

Built an Explorer for someone on the board who mentioned his Father had had a gen on a Jubilee long ago.  I love Jubilees and have wondered at times how one would look.

Wso990 (aka Mr. Slimeball), on fleabay, recently started listing Jubilee endlinks for fat springbars so I decided to order a set.  They got here this afternoon and popped right on with no tweaking!  I can now say that I like the combo...

post-24124-0-98174600-1408667714_thumb.j

Joey, I gave up on trying to drill out regular end-links a couple years ago.  I would twist the tubes off on probably 4 out of 5 and that was using 4 different bits to gradually increase the opening.  I even bought a tapered 2mm reamer and that didn't do any better.

Joey, I gave up on trying to drill out regular end-links a couple years ago.  I would twist the tubes off on probably 4 out of 5 and that was using 4 different bits to gradually increase the opening.  I even bought a tapered 2mm reamer and that didn't do any better.

Well thank you! All this time I thought it was just me. I don't have your expertise so I never had a chance. I even tried to solder, weld, epoxy, chewing gum in replacement tubing with no luck at all. It still makes no sense to me why the rep companies will not make the lug holes the right size and use the right sized springbars and end links. 

Well, these cases start out with no holes so I can't blame anything on the mfg.  I just hate that sourcing additional endlinks adds $25 to the cost of a build!  But, I agree on the wrong size holes. 

photo_zps82cbabf9.jpg

Got the jubilee going with the 455B end pieces from Riyi002 (I think that's where they came from).

Don't fit the 1601 case as well as they do the 16014 cases. But down here in H-town you gotta wear a bracelet if you go out and sweat- leather just ends up getting soaked.

I've been running the jube on the SS DayDate and the end links fit fine, I need to go look for the other end pieces I have- don't remember what they fit.

photo_zps0a8f98cd.jpg

I put the Josh 7836 on the DD- I like it better (this week)- those end links are also marked 455B!

Keep in mind, I haven't drilled my lugholes on the 1601 case- it's too close a call IMO!- The 16000 cases I have look a little thicker in the lugs- I wouldn't hesitate to drill them.

• 3 weeks later...