When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My complete watch collection might be stolen...

fitmic

I just finished moving in to our new apartment.

After weeks of different handymen at our place and two different moving companies I cannot find my three watchcases containing 12 watches each.

There might be a possibility I packed them in a large box. (Perhaps you know how stressful it can be, when moving)

I don't know what to do if the watches are gone. I'm almost crying right now.

:(

Not a nice situation after a stressful period. Let's hope that you put it in one big box or it's laying around somewhere. After all it was a hectic period for you so it doesn't sound silly that you forget some things.

Good luck

Cats

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

I think I would wait until you have unpacked everything before losing your grip. Moving, as you correctly stated, is very unsettling & you probably had a dozen things going through your mind when you packed your watches (without thinking) into what seemed to be a logical place. Unless you transported your watch cases loosely, so handymen would be handling them directly, I would not worry about them. I am sure they will turn up.

• 6 months later...

Just an update:

One of the watch cases is found, two out of three was stolen.

I filed a report to the police and two days later I got a letter that they had nothing to go on, and the investigation is hereby closed.

The letter was printed two minutes after I filed the report.

My insurance company will replace the two boxes which are worth 1800 SEK (225$), but I have to pay the insurance policy 1500 SEK.

Thanks for nothing.

Watches (gen or reps) are to have an additional insurance, which I completely forgotten, since my insurance were supposed "to cover all losses and personal injuries".

Thanks for nothing.

If that wasn't enough the new apartment suffers from unacceptable water damage, due to bad plumbing decades ago. The former owner "had it fixed" in the year 2008, but when I started to remove old wall papers I discovered mildew. Under the floor/parquet(?) (don't know the English word) were damage too.

So it was some 25000$ extra out of the already empty pocket.

The bank will not grant me extra loans.

It sucks big time, I tell you!

Anyway, have I nice day. (I just had to get this out of my system you know)

Super [censored] run of bad luck there. Some f**kers done in my bike years back when they couldn't steal it. It wasn't insured. Lost nearly £4k after salvaging some parts.

Worst feeling in the world at the time, but I know you'll bounce back. Hopefully with an exceptionally good spell of luck. Don't let thieves break your spirit. :nono:

That hurts, but it´s as far as my watch-experience with insurers goes. And if You have them in separate insurance You can have one expensive gen at home, the others in the safe or no coverage etc. etc.

With some luck Your insurance could cover for water leakage/damage?

Good luck in sorting all out and than coming back to a normal and happy life.

Sorry to hear about this... That really sucks!  :wounded1:

We were broken into when we first moved to Australia... took all the watches, gold and diamond jewelry, and even all our sunglasses. It's a terrible feeling when people steal from you!  :vava:

I know it's not the same, but the bright side is YOU CAN NOW GET NEW STUFF!  :clap2:

Just an update:

One of the watch cases is found, two out of three was stolen.

I filed a report to the police and two days later I got a letter that they had nothing to go on, and the investigation is hereby closed.

The letter was printed two minutes after I filed the report.

My insurance company will replace the two boxes which are worth 1800 SEK (225$), but I have to pay the insurance policy 1500 SEK.

Thanks for nothing.

Watches (gen or reps) are to have an additional insurance, which I completely forgotten, since my insurance were supposed "to cover all losses and personal injuries".

Thanks for nothing.

If that wasn't enough the new apartment suffers from unacceptable water damage, due to bad plumbing decades ago. The former owner "had it fixed" in the year 2008, but when I started to remove old wall papers I discovered mildew. Under the floor/parquet(?) (don't know the English word) were damage too.

So it was some 25000$ extra out of the already empty pocket.

The bank will not grant me extra loans.

It sucks big time, I tell you!

Anyway, have I nice day. (I just had to get this out of my system you know)

Sorry mate. After every cloudy day the sun will come, eventually. 

Guest silvershark

Sorry to hear about your bad luck OP! But as someone else has already said, it gives you a great excuse to purchase newer and better watches! Good luck :)