When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster 300 from Basel 2014 released on PT

maevit4996

It's smooth enough for it to look gen-like unless you go up really close. I've got an ETA 2836 in my Planet Ocean and I've got to say I do prefer the sweep and the hacking, but it's pretty marginal. The Miyota feels a lot more reliable though and keeps its charge much longer. Plus it does look excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's smooth enough for it to look gen-like unless you go up really close. I've got an ETA 2836 in my Planet Ocean and I've got to say I do prefer the sweep and the hacking, but it's pretty marginal. The Miyota feels a lot more reliable though and keeps its charge much longer. Plus it does look excellent

Do you prefer the sweep in the Planet Ocean more?

Selling because I bought it as a watch for work. I like wearing one with a bracelet with a suit. After putting it on with a suit I decided that I actually want one with a metal bezel too, rather than ceramic, so I've bought an Aqua Terra. It's also a little too square for me with the lugs. So it's an entirely personal choice, no reason I don't think you'd be very happy with it. It's a brilliant looking watch and one I would be happy to keep for the collection if I wasn't getting the AT.

I definitely prefer the sweep of the 2836, but when you weight up the sweep (2836) vs reliability (Miyota) vs decoration (Miyota), I honestly couldn't pick one over the other. At least with the Miyota you know it's unlikely it will die in the first few months. Reclaimed ETA's aren't reliable. The date stopped working on mine about a year ago and I still haven't fixed it! If you like I can try to do a video of the two watches running next to each other so you can see?

Selling because I bought it as a watch for work. I like wearing one with a bracelet with a suit. After putting it on with a suit I decided that I actually want one with a metal bezel too, rather than ceramic, so I've bought an Aqua Terra. It's also a little too square for me with the lugs. So it's an entirely personal choice, no reason I don't think you'd be very happy with it. It's a brilliant looking watch and one I would be happy to keep for the collection if I wasn't getting the AT.

I definitely prefer the sweep of the 2836, but when you weight up the sweep (2836) vs reliability (Miyota) vs decoration (Miyota), I honestly couldn't pick one over the other. At least with the Miyota you know it's unlikely it will die in the first few months. Reclaimed ETA's aren't reliable. The date stopped working on mine about a year ago and I still haven't fixed it! If you like I can try to do a video of the two watches running next to each other so you can see?

That would be awesome. Thank you very much for your help.

Anyone else having an issue with the black paint / ink on the rear of the watch "Seamaster 300" or any of the other lettering wiping off???

I've had to repaint mine 2x already for words/letters disappearing... pretty annoying to have to do this after only a couple months of occasional (non-sweaty) wear.

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1338 Have you guys seen this one on Toros site? There is two one that is labeled v6 factory and this one. The dial looks different IMO. What do you guys think?

Dial is very wrong, case-back is extremely wrong. Totally different than the gen, not sure what that's all about.

The "blue" model is Titanium and is WAAAAY more subtle - see here

It's hard to tell in pictures, but in this video you'll clearly see it's a sandwich dial and that the lume-markers are recessed below the dial, not like Toro's watch at all. The case-back is completely WRONG. Here is genuine - in this picture

The rep's are missing some details, the movement sort of passes muster but the balance is way off, and so are the bracelets as they are missing quite a bit of engraving. All in all, the rep's are a good beater, and this watch will undoubtedly cost about $2,000 on eBay in 2-3 years as Omega's tend to not hold their value... that said, the TorosBravos rep is WAY off. Do not buy.

I'm beginning to seriously doubt a lot of Toro's product. 

I got mine from Andrew at Trusty and have a problem with the paint coming off the back :(

Sorry to hear that mate. Andrew should definitely send you a replacement caseback for no extra charge. If he refuses, get a thread going in his section and get some support from the admins/other members. It's a reasonable expectation. Also an easy replacement, you will just need a case back opener (an inflated plastic ball - don't go for the metal versions!) from eBay to unscrew it.

Dial is very wrong, case-back is extremely wrong. Totally different than the gen, not sure what that's all about.

The "blue" model is Titanium and is WAAAAY more subtle - see here

It's hard to tell in pictures, but in this video you'll clearly see it's a sandwich dial and that the lume-markers are recessed below the dial, not like Toro's watch at all. The case-back is completely WRONG. Here is genuine - in this picture

The rep's are missing some details, the movement sort of passes muster but the balance is way off, and so are the bracelets as they are missing quite a bit of engraving. All in all, the rep's are a good beater, and this watch will undoubtedly cost about $2,000 on eBay in 2-3 years as Omega's tend to not hold their value... that said, the TorosBravos rep is WAY off. Do not buy.

I'm beginning to seriously doubt a lot of Toro's product.

so this is a totally different model then the first? What do you think the major flaws are in the original v6 factory one?

so this is a totally different model then the first? What do you think the major flaws are in the original v6 factory one?

Not a totally different model in the sense that there's a corresponding Omega... it's like, a rep of something that doesn't exist...

Sorry to hear that mate. Andrew should definitely send you a replacement caseback for no extra charge. If he refuses, get a thread going in his section and get some support from the admins/other members. It's a reasonable expectation. Also an easy replacement, you will just need a case back opener (an inflated plastic ball - don't go for the metal versions!) from eBay to unscrew it.

I contacted him indeed. I definitely need one of those balls. I'll order one.

what are the obvious flaws on the original? I'm kinda nervous I bought it now...

Which one did you buy? If you bought the standard non-blue model then the only issue you'll have really with the dial is the fact that the lume-markers appear to be an overlay instead of a sandwich dial as per genuine.

That is until you flip it over, and the most obvious flaw is that there's no Planet Ocean on the case-back of the genuine model - the engravings are all wrong. Did you read my post and click the pictures? Also, Toro's pictures for those models are TERRIBLE...badly out of focus on the case-back, as if he's trying specifically to hide the flaws.

Which one did you buy? If you bought the standard non-blue model then the only issue you'll have really with the dial is the fact that the lume-markers appear to be an overlay instead of a sandwich dial as per genuine.

That is until you flip it over, and the most obvious flaw is that there's no Planet Ocean on the case-back of the genuine model - the engravings are all wrong. Did you read my post and click the pictures? Also, Toro's pictures for those models are TERRIBLE...badly out of focus on the case-back, as if he's trying specifically to hide the flaws.

I bought the original one from Andrew. 21c4c7b1da881a8171756e7ece3ca632.jpg

You will be fine Derik, it is how it looks. The known flaws have already been discussed in this thread. Toro's one is a completely different rep. The flaws with that rep have nothing to do with the one you bought and do not change anything.