When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's Waiting For Angus' Chronomat Evolution?

Rolexman

Are you waiting for Angus' Breitling Evolution?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Content goes here Rolexman

• No, I will buy the current version soon
    • I don't like the Evolution
    • Yes, I am waiting

I too was wondering the same thing.... in the prototype pictures there was a clear difference between the grey and black. Now the grey appears to be black indeed. :blink:

It almost looks like the graphite dial with a white ' Automatic' writing....

I was asking the same questions on TRC...guess we'll have ro wait for Angus to post better pics if in case there is a difference.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The watch is beautiful, and Angus has responded positively to my problem.

You do know how to perk up eyes, ears.... and heartbeats, at least among those of us who are eagerly awaiting our new Evos.

As for those who are wondering about how grey the grey dial is, you might wander over to www.breitling.com and look at their pictures for comparison. I have not visited an AD to view the Evo in person, but based on both PT's and Breitling's pictures, I assume the grey dial will be darker than, for example, the grey dial Tag chrono. But I, too, hope it is closer to grey than to black, because that is a gap in my collection that I am hoping to fill. For me that was the deciding factor between the graphite and grey dial models.

Some of us should know for sure by the end of this week or (more likely) the beginning of next week. Sigh.

I really really really really DO hope the grey dial looks like this:

193867-4328.jpg

But I doubt it.....

Here's the link to King's website: http://www.kingshowbox.com/0.htm

The grey seems way off!! I compared both dials on King's website and am almost certain that the grey dial is the exact same dial as the graphite version.

Damn am I dissapointed! :cry:

What can we do? .... should we contact Angus?

Edited by Rolexman

Some of us should know for sure by the end of this week or (more likely) the beginning of next week. Sigh.

I would really appreciate that because I made pre-payment a long time ago.... :whistling: Unfortunately for the grey/black version (which is - sorry- not close to the real deal). I will wait some days until the black/ silver dial (743) version will be released. Problably I will go for that model then. If that one should be way off I will have to go for the grapphite dial finally. Mmmm, not my first choice but payment has been made early....

I would really appreciate that because I made pre-payment a long time ago.... :whistling: Unfortunately for the grey/black version (which is - sorry- not close to the real deal). I will wait some days until the black/ silver dial (743) version will be released. Problably I will go for that model then. If that one should be way off I will have to go for the grapphite dial finally. Mmmm, not my first choice but payment has been made early....

i think u should go for the graphite , its fantastic and the red auto matic just makes even nicer but not too out there imho

just my 2 cents i would hate to see u get the grey dial if u think it is way off in color :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

i would hate to see u get the grey dial if u think it is way off in color :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

You are right Joe. An alternative is -I said that- the black/ silver version. I'll wait for pics and then I make my decision. I have been waiting a long time since I made pre-payment and I hope I will get any information from Angus soon :whistling:

Hi guys,

I have just exchanged email with Angus, and told him about some of the concerns we all had for the grey dial. He wanted me to post this picture on his behalf, as he had just taken this, but is too busy to post this. He hopes that it will show the contrast better. I think we really would not know until we all receive ours. But, just based on the picture, it does look pretty much like the graphite dial. I have not researched for too much gen photos on the net, but I have a feeling that this grey dial may be just a tad off, then again, like I have said, we really would not know more, until we all receive the watches. So hope this picture can address some of our concerns.....thanks.

194224-4278.jpg

Edited by Woody

Another comparison between the genuine Graphite and Grey dial!

194376-4220.jpg

194376-4221.jpg

DAMN DAMN DAMN.... I wish I chose the Graphite version. Anybody up for a trade? :lol:

hey i will give u a hundred bucks for it :winkiss::whistling:

lol im just kidding with u , im sure he will let u change it

joe

Isn't it a bit early to be getting upset about a grey dial that no one has even received yet? I'm awaiting one and I am keeping an open mind, thank you.

I've studied the pics on Breitling's own site and the grey dial there looks darker than the one in the Blower's pic. But then, the Blower's pic looks as if it was distorted, perhaps by the AR coating.

Hi guys,

I have just exchanged email with Angus, and told him about some of the concerns we all had for the grey dial. He wanted me to post this picture on his behalf,

Thanks Woody. I have to second this in particular our concerns. That grey/ black version has been my first choice. Now I will wait for the black/ silver version. I hope that one will be much better. If not: Please welcome me in the grapphite club :victory: