When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Prod. JF Schumi is out Now

Tinitonsi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the ap hype. They are beautifully finished but it so unbelievable when wearing one....And isn't that what it is all about in rep world? Unless you are a famous movie star or football player stepping out of a 2014 Bentley I would call you out immediately.

I don't get the ap hype. They are beautifully finished but it so unbelievable when wearing one....And isn't that what it is all about in rep world? Unless you are a famous movie star or football player stepping out of a 2014 Bentley I would call you out immediately.

True. But I don't care what people think of me. I just wear my watches and enjoy them. On the other hand, I do not buy reps of gens with a 20k price tag for the reason you mentioned.

Never judge a book by its cover mate, one client of mine rides a pedal scooter and is very wealthy he runs around with a 44mm gold Ap try and call him out ! Especially in a singlet and jeans and thongs......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk from Mars

Apparently you live in a small town. In Los Angeles there are plenty of people who wear Ap watches, trust fund kids, producers, actors, lawyers, poker players. You can pick up used Ap's for under 15k for a fine GEN watch that's really nothing. As for the higher end models, sure if a guy gets out of a honda with a Rose Gold AP I might say, hmm pretty quickly...

I do understand your point, but apologies in adv, i think that perspective is rather ignorant. There are so many rich people in this world. We don't have to go too far, Take for example the famous Mr.A on this forum. Take a look in his watchbox and ur in for a surprise sir;)

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

Edited by folex

I do understand your point, but apologies in adv, i think that perspective is rather ignorant. There are so many rich people in this world. We don't have to go too far, Take for example the famous Mr.A on this forum. Take a look in his watchbox and ur in for a surprise sir;)

J, I am a low-profile collector of gen watches, like you are. 

But I think we both understand the value of owning a watch, gen or rep, for our own pleasure, and not needing to show it (them) to the world.

What we wear, where we stay, what we drive, are all private affairs as far as we are concerned.

The man stepping out of a Lamborghini and the man sedately driving his Toyota gets the same amount of respect from me, and I would not hesitate to tell either off if they step on my toes. Likewise for the guy flaunting his AP and the dude casually enjoying his G Shock. They are personal choices of watches and does not make the owner more respectable or impressive in my humble 2 cents opinion. The watch is meant to please the wearer and not the rest of the world. 

I wear my gens and reps almost equally, and I could not care less who looks at my watches. They are for me solely and not a single other person. I have stepped out of my fairly exotic car wearing a rep, and I have driven my more mundane work car wearing a $50k gen. Its my choice, like it is the choice of any one of you when it comes to what to wear, where to live, what to drive etc. Wealth is relative, and the world is a superficial place. 

Create your own universe and be happy in it. Live by your rules and keep yourself happy, as long as you do not cause harm to any others in the process. If your neighbour thinks your watch is a replica, its not your problem. If he thinks its gen, its not your problem either. Choose your watch and wear it well, and may you have many happy moments when you glance at it. The rest of the world? Why, it doesn't really matter does it? There are more than 6 billion people in this world. You only need to please one, where your watch is concerned.  

But I think we both understand the value of owning a watch, gen or rep, for our own pleasure, and not needing to show it (them) to the world.

What we wear, where we stay, what we drive, are all private affairs as far as we are concerned.

The man stepping out of a Lamborghini and the man sedately driving his Toyota gets the same amount of respect from me, and I would not hesitate to tell either off if they step on my toes. Likewise for the guy flaunting his AP and the dude casually enjoying his G Shock. They are personal choices of watches and does not make the owner more respectable or impressive in my humble 2 cents opinion. The watch is meant to please the wearer and not the rest of the world.

I wear my gens and reps almost equally, and I could not care less who looks at my watches. They are for me solely and not a single other person. I have stepped out of my fairly exotic car wearing a rep, and I have driven my more mundane work car wearing a $50k gen. Its my choice, like it is the choice of any one of you when it comes to what to wear, where to live, what to drive etc. Wealth is relative, and the world is a superficial place.

Create your own universe and be happy in it. Live by your rules and keep yourself happy, as long as you do not cause harm to any others in the process. If your neighbour thinks your watch is a replica, its not your problem. If he thinks its gen, its not your problem either. Choose your watch and wear it well, and may you have many happy moments when you glance at it. The rest of the world? Why, it doesn't really matter does it? There are more than 6 billion people in this world. You only need to please one, where your watch is concerned.

Very well said.

On a separate note, what do you think of this schumi? :)

Amen to this. :notworthy:

Very well said.

On a separate note, what do you think of this schumi? :)

Schumi? Was this what this thread was about? :lol:

Please pardon me young J.

The Schumi is a well-made rep, but the datewheel ring, as well as the sub dial rings, are too thick. 

The datewheel font is a little off but liveable. The usual datewheel position flaw applies, and the actual finishing of the dial is not clear from the pics. 

In brevity, I am likely skipping this one, despite the marketing hype. 

I anticipate a V2, not out of naive hopes, but because the maker spent a lot getting this model repped and produced. They would be hoping to push numbers for this watch, and feedback from the market would be heeded more seriously, much like the diver series. I would advise you to be patient. Do not jump on the bandwagon just yet. You will likely end up selling it, knowing your fastidious character. ;)

The Schumi is a well-made rep, but the datewheel ring, as well as the sub dial rings, are too thick.

The datewheel font is a little off but liveable. The usual datewheel position flaw applies, and the actual finishing of the dial is not clear from the pics.

I anticipate a V2, not out of naive hopes, but because the maker spent a lot getting this model repped and produced. They would be hoping to push numbers for this watch, and feedback from the market would be heeded more seriously, much like the diver series. I would advise you to be patient. Do not jump on the bandwagon just yet. You will likely end up selling it, knowing your fastidious character. ;)

Hahaha, your advise is always very insightful pulling the community from false hypes. I think your position is more suitable for a guru in a stock market ;).

Hahaha, your advise is always very insightful pulling the community from false hypes. I think your position is more suitable for a guru in a stock market ;).

I wish that I am as insightful as you believe. My past mistakes in life speaks otherwise J. ;)

But as I grow older, I hope to make fewer mistakes. I am hence reluctantly withholding my purchase on the Schumi. 

Patience, young jedi. ;)

I agree completely. My comment wasn't regarded as a statement of class; we are after all discussing rep watches. No one is supposed to be trying to "pass off" anything. Sam Walton creator of Wal-Mart drives a pick up truck. Warren Buffet was just seen in Los Angeles at a burger counter in LA. Life and class isn't related to what we drive or what we wear, you certainty can't buy those things. After all when did that become the discussion here? I was under the impression the discussion was being called out for wearing a watch that seemed like only athletes wore or could get away with. My response was, that is just not the case. As for those few individuals who are "passing off" reps as real watches and getting out of cars that they can afford which is no big deal and certainly no judgment from me but it would then "seem" more obvious that perhaps they were wearing rep. Then again maybe they were just choosing to spend their money the way they wanted to. My response was sharp but in line with the topic, my esteem and most respected colleague made an excellent point that I agree with completly. I am just saying now that I respectfully was referring only to the issue that more than athletes and movie stars wear AP watches, that's all, no other class judgments included. That said, my intention was not to be harsh but to make a stern point, if I failed to do so, my appologies to all.

Edited by goodfella0406

Haha J, I did not even realise that you commented on this thread till now! 

Don't worry mate, you made a valid point. I made my post very completely independently of yours, without any allusions to your post. 

You're a good guy, always humble and always polite. 

What you said was true in general, and if you read my post, it was simply an extension of what you said. ;)