When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is RWI down?

dbane883

It's been a little unstable but I've been getting on ok. TB posted about they are going to be upgrading to a larger/better server very soon.

BTW, using Chrome on a home computer.

About time

Our server here is the most stable there is around :D

No offense meant, this is a fine forum, but you're hardly comparing apples to apples. They probably handle about 50 times the number of posts.

Still mate They should have made a change of server long Time ago

They known for a long a long and i mean Loooooong time They have server problems

And a reason why im not a VIP over there

Um just a quick point this board may have slowed down some over the years but no board had the traffic we used to get in our early days.

This is the most stable forum for one reason only and that is because of the man behind it.

Ken

I admit I post more often on other forums than I do here, but I like the vibes around here a whole lot better. If I can compare the forums to places, the others are like the local bar, where I go to ogle and pick a fight or two. This place is my quiet place, my hallowed ground. It's where I have learned to put this materialistic hobby in mortal perspective. When was the last time anyone talked openly about their end of life issues and experiences on other forums? I've read at least 2 instances here in the last 6 months. The show of support have been tremendous. It's that kind of place... Not just about acquiring counterfeits. It's about the humanity.

Ok.... I'm having withdrawal symptoms again...

Edited by Hyjynx

I admit I post more often on other forums than I do here, but I like the vibes around here a whole lot better. If I can compare the forums to places, the others are like the local bar, where I go to ogle and pick a fight or two. This place is my quiet place, my hallowed ground. It's where I have learned to put this materialistic hobby in mortal perspective. When was the last time anyone talked openly about their end of life issues and experiences on other forums? I've read at least 2 instances here in the last 6 months. The show of support have been tremendous. It's that kind of place... Not just about acquiring counterfeits. It's about the humanity.

Ok.... I'm having withdrawal symptoms again...

Quality vs quantity............ ;)

From what I have read on RWI, their new server should be put in place on Monday. PM's, apparently, are working for some people - possibly those using Tapatalk - but not for others.

I certainly can't access my PM's on there.

Just a case of wait and see what happens on Monday.

Regards

Seems now RepGeek is down.........

Heh. That's what led me to RWG a while back. RG is dead and the frequent outages drove me to seek information elsewhere.

I've been out of the rep world for a few years and it seems that it is slowing down while the quality of reps is greatly increasing. Wonder why that is (or seems to be) the case. Are most of the old school members moving to gens (I did) or have they formed an elite secret society of Chinese watch masters?

From what I have read on RWI, their new server should be put in place on Monday. PM's, apparently, are working for some people - possibly those using Tapatalk - but not for others.

I certainly can't access my PM's on there.

Just a case of wait and see what happens on Monday.

Regards

PM are not working even with TT already for 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I read a notice on the front page of RWI that a new server was going to be installed on Monday which would involve about 6 hours downtime.

Perhaps matters have deteriorated that much and that installation had to be brought forward?

Edited by omegex