When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gold daytona?

Vinguru

Firstable there is no AD offering a Daytona with 7750 as there is no gen Daytona with 7750, and AD's are supposed to sell gen watches.

and honestly buddy this watch looks awful, totally incorrect in every way, if it was offered by an ad and above that as a gen, just run from it

This watch is totally fake in every way, it is not a good rep, more like a canal street piece of junk

Edited by ingelero

I think when the OP said 'I just stumbled upon an ad for a solid 18k gold daytona with eta 7750', he meant an advertisement (not Authorized Dealer). But, as others have already said, this is not a very accurate rep. In general, it is best to avoid reps with 'gold' &/or 'jewels'. The 'gold' is flashed & often wears off revealing the underlying steel color, which makes the watch useless unless you WANT to advertise the fact that you are wearing a 'FAKE ROLEX'. The 'jewels' tend to be either glass or low end CZ, neither of which look very real, especially, on a FAKE ROLEX. Unfortunately, modern Daytonas are a tough watch to replicate well. There are a number of options/variations, depending on what you are willing to give up to have your cake. Best to use the Search feature to read Ziggy's & By-Tor's excellent reviews on both the 'secs @ 6' 7750 & Daytona before hitting any BUY buttons. You might also want to search out my 'powdered graphite' remedy that addresses the inherent issues of the secs @ 6 7750 that powers many modern Daytona reps.

The advertisement is listed in The Netherlands at a place where lots of crappy reps are advertised as "gen" or cheapies are being advertised as the best reps around. That is why we always advise to talk to the TD's and order from them. Mkst of the time you get a much better rep for the same money as the offered cheapies. Of course this one is not offered as a cheapie.

Kind regards,

Ozon1969

Found one ladies Gold Rolex Daytona in Estonian ad

1400400057_1725556.jpg

Translated with google translate:

Gold watch with a gold bracelet. Strap width 16-20 mm-, the inner circumference of bracelet 19-20,5cm-. The dial diameter is 30 mm . The clock is running with kinetic energy, ie is not the watch batteries, nor is it even necessary to turn, perhaps turns itself at anchor up and move your hand. The clock model is Cosmograph, the exact model of the Rolex Oyster Pepertual Daytona. The overall weight of 151.95 grams of the clock, there is also Assay certificate that watch bears the sample 750, and the weight is accurate. The clock has no major scuffs, and is a very showy. The Watch mechanism is not numbered Rolex factory, but Swiss ETA factory-made plunger mechanism, so it has not a lifetime warranty on the watch, it's the only difference. This value of the Watch is included in the price of gold today gold prices due to the low ~ 2900 euros. The market price of EUR 4500-5000, Our Price 3250.- EUR.

I had one of these new in August 1998 when I traded an old genuine patek ellipse for it even. I bought the patek for a little bit over scrap.

The dial on the 'Daytona' was not too hot but the movement was Ok and the made in Italy case and bracelet were first class.

OT...

The patek had the 23-300 movement in it and they are known to be somewhat fragile (I'm being nice here). I'll never understand how patek philippe got the reputation they have making prissy delicate little country club watches (not being nice this time).

Maybe it's because you never really own one.    :pimp:

Wow, most of you guys have no clue.

The example posted in the original post is indeed one of the 1990s solid gold reps of Daytona. Full real gold bracelets and cases (most likely from Italy as mentioned before), terrible quality dials and 7750 movements with incorrect spacing of subdials.

Expensive and pretty stupid as an idea but remember that reps did not look as good as they do look now around 20-25 years ago so there was quite a number of these that sold and were floating around for HIGH prices.

• 2 weeks later...