When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New TC LV

Curt941

DSC_1711_zpscd223000.jpg
DSC_1712_zpsb1c55110.jpg
DSC_1713_zpsa9ed524e.jpg
DSC_1714_zps20a333f9.jpg
DSC_1716_zps0ed7785d.jpg
DSC_1717_zps0a5b5e31.jpg
DSC_1718_zpsf758cb25.jpg
DSC_1719_zps283a5127.jpg
DSC_1720_zpsd4dcc512.jpg
DSC_1721_zps11e612b0.jpg
DSC_1723_zps38de8172.jpg
DSC_1724_zps231fdf17.jpg
DSC_1725_zps478d5e07.jpg

A couple of things I have noticed

1) The bezel is extremely tight. Right now I have it on with just the click spring, no friction washer. When I tried to fit just the bezel on the crystal retainer without even the click spring, it was very tough to rotate back and forth. Also, pressing the insert in was EXTREMELY tough. Both the TC new insert and a gen one I have. I'm not sure if that's part of the same problem as the stiffness to rotate, if the overall dimensions of the bezel are just slightly smaller or what.

2) I tried fitting a V3 bracelet, and the end links were VERY high on the case, like even with the tops of the lugs. So even though the v3 bracelet might be the "best", it wasn't the best on this case IMHO. What's on their now is the V5 93250 it came with.

Where did you find this? I couldn't find a new version of LV on TC's website. I'm waiting/hoping for TC sub v7, when he fix the minor issues with v6 case, then i'd purchase one.

I guess i'm very picky, but the construction doesn't look gen enough, plus service and new movement, it'll be over $1000 for a fake.

Edited by curiousbunny

The gen is over $5000 and that might be the only route for perfect construction. TC is fine if no one else is touching my watch besides me but what if a rolex hobbyist wants to inspect my watch closely?

http://www.watch-collector.co.uk/Remove_Rolex_Bezel.html 

http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/220-tc-submariner-watch-case-set-v.html

The bezel installation mechanism is between 1 and 2 o'clock on gen. It's around 4 o'clock on the TC replica. Don't ever mention noob replica submariner, that's simply terrible.

There are also reports of issues with TC lugs.

Edited by curiousbunny

The bezel installation mechanism is between 1 and 2 o'clock on gen. It's around 4 o'clock on the TC replica. Don't ever mention noob replica submariner, that's simply terrible.

Really??

Like dbane883 already mentionedm its' no problem whatsoever.

Here you can see that you can remove full bezel assembly and put the click spring where gen Sub's and GMT's have it.

Photo courtesy: TC

tcsubvcase03.jpg

The gen is over $5000 and that might be the only route for perfect construction. TC is fine if no one else is touching my watch besides me but what if a rolex hobbyist wants to inspect my watch closely?

http://www.watch-collector.co.uk/Remove_Rolex_Bezel.html

http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/220-tc-submariner-watch-case-set-v.html

There are also reports of issues with TC lugs.

Wow, this sounds like a newbie that has done his homework and is righteously shredding the best OTB 16610 reps out there.....

The only thing better than a TC 16610 is a franken of gen parts. Only thing better than a franken is a 100% assembled by Rolex 16610 compmete with box and papers...

You do understand that the crystal retaining ring is a circle and can be pressed on in any orientation desired, even by Rolex? On the wrist, a TC 16610 is the best OTB rep you can get past or present. As far as in the hands of a Rolex expert/enthusiast, anything other than a 100% gen assembled by Rolex would be at risk of getting called out.

If you're afraid of getting called out by an expert then get a gen...

"TC is fine if no one else is touching my watch besides me but what if a Rolex hobbyist wants to inspect my watch closely?" tell him it's a rep maybe, would most likely be impressed w/ it. Also he is going to check the bezel assembly under the insert, really. :fool:

If your goal is to have a watch to fool people who are Rolex guys under close inspection then there is not one available for you, but you can wear your TC (I did gen insert, crystal and crown on mine) on your wrist with no problem. :pimp:

Wow, this sounds like a newbie that has done his homework and is righteously shredding the best OTB 16610 reps out there.....

The only thing better than a TC 16610 is a franken of gen parts. Only thing better than a franken is a 100% assembled by Rolex 16610 compmete with box and papers...

You do understand that the crystal retaining ring is a circle and can be pressed on in any orientation desired, even by Rolex? On the wrist, a TC 16610 is the best OTB rep you can get past or present. As far as in the hands of a Rolex expert/enthusiast, anything other than a 100% gen assembled by Rolex would be at risk of getting called out.

If you're afraid of getting called out by an expert then get a gen...

I seriously look forward to the day when someone has the stones to *try*  to call me out on some Franken and I can tear them to shreds :) :) :)

I seriously look forward to the day when someone has the stones to *try* to call me out on some Franken and I can tear them to shreds :) :) :)

Depends on wether or not all of your date codes matched up, if not then your at risk of the expert calling foul for trying to pass it off as 100% legit... is this likely to happen on the typical sale/appraisal of a lowly 16610? Probably not but I'm sure that it is possible, it'd just be cocky to presume otherwise...

I'm not trying to shred it apart, it's amazing the work TC has done and it's worth collecting, there could be a good chance of being an actual collectible one day by gen owners.

TC has..

1. Perfect dial

2. Almost perfect date system, I believe Yuki 3135 will make it perfect, I could be wrong.

3. 300m water resistance with silicon grease.

4. Great bracelet, most people will think it's a gen after cheap home polishing(flour and cloth method).

5. Low snob factor, gen owners can get on my nerves sometimes.

6. Bezel indistinguishable to most people

7. Proper case sides and height.

I'm simply afraid an acquaintance peeking and touch my TC v6 in the most intimate places  ;)

I'm not trying to shred it apart, it's amazing the work TC has done and it's worth collecting, there could be a good chance of being an actual collectible one day by gen owners.

You sound insane.

TC has..

1. Perfect dial

2. Almost perfect date system, I believe Yuki 3135 will make it perfect, I could be wrong.

"Date system"? What does that even mean? You can't see the "date system" without taking the dial off.

3. 300m water resistance with silicon grease.

4. Great bracelet, most people will think it's a gen after cheap home polishing(flour and cloth method).

5. Low snob factor, gen owners can get on my nerves sometimes.

6. Bezel indistinguishable to most people

7. Proper case sides and height.

I'm simply afraid an acquaintance peeking and touch my TC v6 in the most intimate places   ;)

Any properly machined modern watch case will achieve 300m water resistance if sealed correctly. 

And that last comment is downright perverted.

Once upon a time, there was a factory in China that invested in building a high-quality, very accurate rep Submariner at a higher price point than was typical for reps (then, anyway). That factory was known as the watchmaker9 factory (WM9). The exclusive source for these watches in the US was a guy named BK, who did quite a bit of quality control and some additional mods before selling the watches on.

Then BK's contact at the factory disappeared (this was around 2011 or so, the rumor is he was killed in a car crash) and the watches were unavailable for a while.

A couple years later, out of nowhere, this TC guy shows up selling what are clearly updated versions of the WM9 watch. Apparently he reconnected with someone else at the same factory. (More details and speculation about this in BK's section of the website.) Some of us were sketched out at first (and I still, frankly, don't believe his original story that he just started building watches one day and the TC sub was the result) but he's clearly pushed hard to improve the product, has worked with different factories to get better parts, and has proven himself a trustworthy dealer to the rep community.

That's who this TC guy is. I won't post his name but he's not private about it, I think it's on his blog.

• Like 1

Depends on wether or not all of your date codes matched up, if not then your at risk of the expert calling foul for trying to pass it off as 100% legit... is this likely to happen on the typical sale/appraisal of a lowly 16610? Probably not but I'm sure that it is possible, it'd just be cocky to presume otherwise...

They will, and I wouldn't be a dumbass and let a Rolex expert take it apart lol. I'm talking more-so at a coffee shop.

Once upon a time, there was a factory in China that invested in building a high-quality, very accurate rep Submariner at a higher price point than was typical for reps (then, anyway). That factory was known as the watchmaker9 factory (WM9). The exclusive source for these watches in the US was a guy named BK, who did quite a bit of quality control and some additional mods before selling the watches on.

Then BK's contact at the factory disappeared (this was around 2011 or so, the rumor is he was killed in a car crash) and the watches were unavailable for a while.

A couple years later, out of nowhere, this TC guy shows up selling what are clearly updated versions of the WM9 watch. Apparently he reconnected with someone else at the same factory. (More details and speculation about this in BK's section of the website.) Some of us were sketched out at first (and I still, frankly, don't believe his original story that he just started building watches one day and the TC sub was the result) but he's clearly pushed hard to improve the product, has worked with different factories to get better parts, and has proven himself a trustworthy dealer to the rep community.

That's who this TC guy is. I won't post his name but he's not private about it, I think it's on his blog.

Tom does a great job and is a pleasure to deal with.