When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CWP Tropic 19 on VRF

dbane883

Since genuine NOS Superdome T19's no longer exist (if someone has one for sale, they are lying or its a mistake), I've recommended the T19 from Michael Young. Very nice Superdome effect and much better fit than the Clarks vintage T19. I think I've purchased every single aftermarket T19 from ST, cousins, offrei and nothing comes close to Michael Young's. It's not perfect but it's pretty damn good.

But it's interesting that it's now a generally acceptable aftermarket part on VRF. I think as parts get more and more rare, aftermarket parts other than crystals will be much more common in the "purist" watch forums.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/message/1372841763/Meeting+Michael+Young+in+Bangkok+%26amp%3B+a+replacement+T19

[url=http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/message/1372841763/Meeting+Michael+Young+in+Bangkok+%26amp%3B+a+replacement+T19]http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/message/1372841763/Meeting+Michael+Young+in+Bangkok+%26amp%3B+a+replacement+T19

Couple guys are even talking about modding the crystal to be more gen-like. Humorous.

Agree. It is the best option for T19 Superdome. In my opinion a better look than the Clark & Sternkreuz T19s. I have tried both those too. The Clark made the Rehaut look too large on my Cartel, and the Sternkreuz was a loose fit. This is what the MY T19 looks like on a Cartel case with a Yuki dial.

56067f33193a3b7cd40d2a39074ba663.jpg

433737c5c268146ea76832d8c92a1c4c.jpg

a44c518493420d7285ef4b7adb4aaf49.jpg

c93275b695cd238eae2cb5233be870f7.jpg

Dial dots are slightly distorted head-on, contemplating taking a little off the height to see if it improves the situation.

• Like 2

Just wait till the soft plated brass bezels wear out on their NCG Subs and the inserts won't stay in place.  They'll all be over here asking.....

"Who makes the best Sub ................................................................................. bezel"?  :euro:

And won't it be delicious to tell them they have to find the information for themselves.  Heck we might make some converts!

Time to stock up on "acceptable replacement" NDT, Phong and MQ bezels?

Where's Crazy Sale Man when we need him!

CARZY BEZEL SALE!    TODAY ONLY!

Ahhhhhhh those were the days.  :pimp:

:euro:  VRF types who put aftermarket parts (Fake! to them) on their heirloom rolex probably lie about if they can get by with it.

"Is that a fake bezel?"

"No it's an Official Aftermarket bezel. They cost $500, fakes are only $35."

"What's the difference?"

"Uh, 465 dollars."                                    

In my Official Replica Rule Book a 'fake' part would have to be a replicated 'signed' part. Unsigned parts are just 'aftermarket' parts.

Ha!

Crazy Sale on Official Aftermarket Parts!

Call Paul.     :pimp:

Still have some Crazy Sale! watches from Paul. Now the movements are worth more than I paid for the watches. Every one had a new swiss Eta except for the last one and it had a Seagull 2836 clone.

• Like 2

I just talked to MK at Helearou. The 5513/5517 case with crown guards does have the retainer gen style mount, but not the 6538. I have not looked closely at the 5513 case, but that might be an option for a 1675 build.

I've taken apart a HR 6538 case recently. Not only is the bezel and crystal retaining system designed for a glass dome, but the bezel will not accept a gen-spec insert. The width of the HR bezel is way too wide, so you are stuck using whatever inserts that MK carries. If at least it could take a gen insert, I could figure a way to get a plexi to fit, but given the bezel dimension, just gotta accept it as it is. He is working on a plexi for that case, in which case it will be liveable.