When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OMG TOROBRAVO BS Quality Control

Guest REPPIN

Seriously. This is the 3rd time now.

Just got my Noob Sub-C.

OUT OF THE BOX HERE ARE THE ISSUES.

1. The entire baseplate/rotor assembly was rolling around in the case I can only find one screw in the case...

2. Bracelet links are so tight it's almost unwearable.

3. (Common problem I know)...but the glide lock clasp won't stay locked and it's sliding open every five minutes.

4. It's got scratches on the clasp already. WITH THE PLASTIC COVERING IT.

I'm thinking this was a returned watch that they just sent out again and didn't check on.

Getting really tired of this. Especially from a 380.00+ rep.

Had similar recently issue recently with Toro, mis-aligned hands. Not good. But also had issues in recent times with Puretime and Trusty (buggered up clasps, screws missing etc), and even had a buckle missing from a Davidsen order (though thankfully the watch itself was fine).

I think it just goes with the territory these days - no-one seems bothered enough to care very much about anything. It wouldn't surprise me if one big warehouse was shipping stuff for the lot of them.

You know when we were buying reps at $80-100 you didn't mind the odd fault with the piece, it seemed part of the game but now we are paying $350+ for our watches we really shouldn't be having this sort of crap  :bangin:

I'm sure Toro will put this right mate..........he does pop in now and again  ;)  

Toro offered to put my new Tudor Ranger right, but should I really have the hassle, delay and risk of sending it back to China? Last time I sent something to China for repair (not a Toro watch can't remember who I bought it from) it came back with a fingerprint on the dial. I'm currently looking for a local fix.

I've had several QC issues since I started buying from him last year. He's always made them right, but it's taken a long time. Sorry, but this just shouldn't happen with the cost of reps.

I won't be buying from him for now, it's just not worth my time or stress.

Here's the last three purchases, all with problems:

• BP Fifty Fathoms: Great watch, cap screws missing. Took over 2 months to get new ones
  • PAM 026: Brown instead of pencil grey DLC
  • PAM 364: Bad bezel alignment, crown assembly fell apart after a week

I think I'll start with Angus for Noob stuff anyway, Josh/Andrew for everything else.

Toro, Angus, Josh et al gets their stocks from the same factories.. the differences would be the meticulousness with which they inspect the products before posting them for QC. Some issues, like loose parts in the movement, loose clasps, stuck rotor etc cannot be spotted in QC pics and dealer involvement in the QC process could make very helpful differences.

Sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it gets sorted out. 

There has been a LOT of negative conversation regarding Toro lately.   This is where the forum admins need to take action.   We're all quick to push newbies to our TD's, so there has to be quick action if one of those TD's begins to flop.

So now I have seen the problem.

The screw that holds the rotor on has snapped off inside the winding gear plate.

So I guess I'm replacing the plate and getting a new screw.

post-8024-0-48327800-1422074462_thumb.jp

reps... prices go up. quality goes down.

that sucks man. hopefully you can get it sorted out.

im finding more and more reasons to just stick to m2m sales lately.

at least those are generally in working condition when being sold.

if theres something wrong with them, its at least disclosed most of the time.

"Toro, Angus, Josh et al gets their stocks from the same factories.. the differences would be the meticulousness with which they inspect the products before posting them for QC. Some issues, like loose parts in the movement, loose clasps, stuck rotor etc cannot be spotted in QC pics and dealer involvement in the QC process could make very helpful differences."

This is correct and these things could happen to any watch any dealer. As far as cargo's issue Toro has responded promtly to me (many times) and it would seem refunded but not showing Kargo's end. Still working on it as of four ,five hours ago.

Above being said anyone who has been around knows my position esp. those RWG bz where issues w/ many dealers have been discussed; we are going to have to do one of two things stop buying or deal with it. Again keep in mind we are (RWGs, Geek, RWI) just the tip of the iceberg in rep sales so even discipline may be for nothing.  Also remember what perfectionist OCD buggers we are who would you rather sell to us and then deal with mods from the boards w/ problems or just bang them out to unknowns on the internet and hear no more.

PS let's not start a witch hunt here.

Mike - NOT answering me - the customer for more than 1½ month and NOT answering WHEN he alledgedly has refunded my money, and NOT willing to show the money deducted from his account, when I try to trace it through my bank - a trace that showed NO money - he just tell me to make a credit card chargeback ....

THAT I think is hardly the behaviour of a gentleman or trusted dealer is it? 

Now after all this hagling - all of a sudden it seems he JUST discovered the money has NOT been refunded? Well surprice.... can you hold it against me I´m loosing faith/trust in this guy?

Regards 

Edited by kargo

So now I have seen the problem.

The screw that holds the rotor on has snapped off inside the winding gear plate.

So I guess I'm replacing the plate and getting a new screw.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I just did the same repair on my Sub-C, rotor screw broke off in the automatic winding plate. I've had my Sub for about 3 years now but this would be an issue with the 2836 inside, nothing to do with the Submariner and could have easily happened during rough shipping. 

As far as the other problems with your watch, I have noticed that the bracelets seem to be getting a lot worse on these watches, have had several fail, lots of tight links. Overall, I agree that the quality seems to be going down, makes me hesitant to pull the trigger on another watch. 

Some development now finally. Toro has given us SOME look into his account - and it seems there might be a refund on the 27 th of december 2014 on its way!   :balloon:

But before we let us carry away let me remind you of his answer to me:

On dec. 2 Torro wrote to me: "Already refunded"! But this is simply not correct - and have not been able to contact him since?!

And why all this fuzz first?   :huh: 

Well - benefit of doubt - I will now wait for a week - contact my bank and hope for the best. Let us all breathe in the mean time   :innocent: 

Thanks to Mod. Mike   :good: 

For sure Toro - but why did you not send me the account pictures in the first place. I asked for them all along and You didn´t answer me at all? .... and

on dec. 3 th. you wrote already refunded? When you actually first refunded on dec. 27 th.?  :confused: 

Well better late than never. Thanx again to you guys in here and mod Mike...