When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inflation, market demand and speculation

508-Fanatic

Well it seems that kingfrog is back under a different guise indeed. I had my suspicions at the stupid way he "quoted" my post and you guys set the alarm bells actively ringing.

He actually should be banned. Again. This guy does nothing except troll. Moneybags or kingfrog or whoever fuck you are, you got the benefit of doubt and one courteous reply from me. Now have you got no life?

Moderators, please, ban this incarnation of kingfrog unless the rules welcome banned members back in different guises?

Kingfrog was a dickhead without money and brains. This guy, you can see where he's going with his posts. Drop the hammer already.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Synchrony, CiT, GE and Ing are paying 1% on simple savings, and the national average right now is .6%, so, MOST banks are paying more than .25% Mr. MoneyBags. Then again, no savings account ever keeps up with inflation, and your account of making $500 on a $6000 watch is falling behind almost as quickly as stuffing cash in matress. Fortunately for most watches with real collector value appreciate far quicker than inflation, and your assumptions are incorrect. It just takes knowledge of the market and correct anticipation of the trends. Anyone buying up cheap vintage Tudor watches 10 years ago will have seen their average price go from under $600 to over $6000, with some examples well over $12,000. Buying new Rolex is not a real investment at it's inflated price unless you are going to keep it for 40 years, and people still think they are cool then.

Seems you have still have trouble with reps, trouble with knowing what is actually happening around you, trouble using simple quotes, and trouble fitting in.

How are those used Rolex, tired Vette, and tiny sized Harley D "investments" doing by the way? I'm sure your nephew will enjoy selling them, or running them into the ground when you are gone.

Try not to be as condescending and insulting as your previous incarnation and you may get to stick around a little longer.

I am looking forward to another ban raffle.. :D

Well it seems that kingfrog is back under a different guise indeed. I had my suspicions at the stupid way he "quoted" my post and you guys set the alarm bells actively ringing.

He actually should be banned. Again. This guy does nothing except troll. Moneybags or kingfrog or whoever [censored] you are, you got the benefit of doubt and one courteous reply from me. Now have you got no life?

Moderators, please, ban this incarnation of kingfrog unless the rules welcome banned members back in different guises?

Kingfrog was a [censored] without money and brains. This guy, you can see where he's going with his posts. Drop the hammer already.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

beautiful, you my friend are indeed a wordsmith.

Sent from outer space

B)

Interesting person :partytime:

no really he doesn't seem like an interesting person, he seems like an arrogant know it all just like his former self. This new incarnation of "the frog" appears to even be more arrogant than before. I don't know about anyone else but I come here to share information about a hobby that I love, and also to make new friends albeit cyber friends but either way meeting new people with similar likes. Discussions are fine and I have no problems with them, But what I really dislike is arrogance and a pompous know it all attitude. I myself cannot be 100% sure but this is Kermit but it sure smells like its former self.

Sent from outer space

• Like 1

no really he doesn't seem like an interesting person, he seems like an arrogant know it all just like his former self. This new incarnation of "the frog" appears to even be more arrogant than before. I don't know about anyone else but I come here to share information about a hobby that I love, and also to make new friends albeit cyber friends but either way meeting new people with similar likes. Discussions are fine and I have no problems with them, But what I really dislike is arrogance and a pompous know it all attitude. I myself cannot be 100% sure but this is Kermit but it sure smells like its former self.

Sent from outer space

Well, what I meant was that it is entertaining.

In several years here we've seen many Frogs...none survived  :clap2:

Guest MoneyBags

Synchrony, CiT, GE and Ing are paying 1% on simple savings, and the national average right now is .6%, so, MOST banks are paying more than .25% Mr. MoneyBags. Then again, no savings account ever keeps up with inflation, and your account of making $500 on a $6000 watch is falling behind almost as quickly as stuffing cash in matress. Fortunately for most watches with real collector value appreciate far quicker than inflation, and your assumptions are incorrect. It just takes knowledge of the market and correct anticipation of the trends. Anyone buying up cheap vintage Tudor watches 10 years ago will have seen their average price go from under $600 to over $6000, with some examples well over $12,000. Buying new Rolex is not a real investment at it's inflated price unless you are going to keep it for 40 years, and people still think they are cool then.

Seems you have still have trouble with reps, trouble with knowing what is actually happening around you, trouble using simple quotes, and trouble fitting in.

How are those used Rolex, tired Vette, and tiny sized Harley D "investments" doing by the way? I'm sure your nephew will enjoy selling them, or running them into the ground when you are gone.

Try not to be as condescending and insulting as your previous incarnation and you may get to stick around a little longer.

I completely disagree with many of your  stated opinions........I am allowed to do that here.....or am I not? I will allow that savings rates are avg less than .5% But I will also state with complete confidence one can wear a real Rolex for $1200 IF they can park $6000.    Who (who wants the real thing and could afford it) would not pay $4800-$5000 for a 2012-2014 Rolex SUB with boxes papers and warranty card?  That is what I was offered wholesale for mine. I paid $6000 EASY to find one for that price from TDs on the Rolex Forums.  That is why I won't wear a Rolex REP. They are costing 1/2 of what I can wear the real thing for. 

OTHER REPS not so much I cannot wear a PAM  and sell it easily or a Brietling or Omega. But Rolex is as good as currency on one's wrist. Whether it's worth $500 in scrap metal or $5000 in PERCEIVED value by the ignorant swamp land buying masses. The economics of the Rolex Sub is clear and certain and has been for it's entire history,

I don't know much about your replicas I only buy them to try out before buying the real thing and only buy from one dealer who has never let me down for longer than I have bothered with this site. In many cases I decided not to buy the new thing. So far only Rolex and Brietling has impressed me enough to buy them. Others are nice but I don't see the value in a $5000 PAM. That's just me.

Please show me the title to my "Harley"

Have a nice day

Edited by MoneyBags

You've got to be [censored] kidding me, why the [censored] do you continue to tout your [censored] here? How many times do we have to fumigate to get rid of the unwelcome vermin? You are nothing more than a Lilliputian who obviously has nothing else better to do than than waste others time. Please pull the legs off this piece of dejection and toss him out on his [censored] head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest MoneyBags

You've got to be [censored] kidding me, why the [censored] do you continue to tout your [censored] here? How many times do we have to fumigate to get rid of the unwelcome vermin? You are nothing more than a Lilliputian who obviously has nothing else better to do than than waste others time. Please pull the legs off this piece of dejection and toss him out on his [censored] head.

You mad bro? What is your issue? Nice language...You have anger issues when someone disagrees with you. OK Go ahead and vent. 

Guest MoneyBags

You are an incarnation of your former self who was banned and now you have decided to come back and continue to be a pompous ass. Please ban this piece of offal

Dude You are clueless...and on Ignore. Apparently you are having a nightmare or something.

You are an incarnation of your former self who was banned and now you have decided to come back and continue to be a pompous ass. Please ban this piece of offal

It seems that our wish has been granted. 

Thanks Nanuq!  :clap2:  :drinks: 

Guest RolexKing25

It seems that our wish has been granted. 

Thanks Nanuq!  :clap2:  :drinks: 

YAY!!!  YOU CANNOT GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY I can join anytime from anywhere..........

You are all Criminals Trying to be something you are not....Buying fake watches and calling it a hobby.......Pitiful people

Edited by RolexKing25

YAY!!!  YOU CANNOT GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY

:lol: I am sure. Same problem at home with the roaches. 

But rather than being frustrated, I am actually genuinely curious why you keep coming back to a rep forum if you despise reps so much? 

YAY!!!  YOU CANNOT GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY I can join anytime from anywhere..........

You are all Criminals Trying to be something you are not....Buying fake watches and calling it a hobby.......Pitiful people

And you, are a true sad case, probably with no life to call your own.

Why else would you be here so obsessively? 

I own more gen watches than you, as do a lot of others here, but hey, you already know that.

what is worse than being a criminal is a rejected criminal wannabe, like you are.

I do not know whether saying goodbye to you or giving your new incarnation a welcome back in advance is more appropriate but you certainly provide some entertainment value, much like a "hammer-the-mole" game. :lol: