When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingod44 chocolate 1665 - opinion

mech500

Hello,

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on an ingod chocolate 1665 dial. I've not seen anyone use this dial on a rep build before and wanted peoples options prior to making a purchase.

The equivalent ingod GW rail dial seems to be far more popular on the rep forums but it is currently out of stock.

Here's the chocolate dial in question:

bde43d7bdc088b52828e1c2495c66659.jpg

Has anyone bought this dial?

It looks good to me but I really ain't an expert in fake vintage patina and was hoping the more learned here would share their opinions as to whether it's worth buying?....does it look good?

This is the (MBW) dial I am looking to replace:

7030be713cfbca7e65a2fceaba261300.jpg

Thanks

Hey Mech,

It just depends on the flaws you're able to accept. This goes for any dial really 

I believe Ingod modeled that after a MK 4 GW dial. See links below for more info. The m in "610m" is bothering me personally  :bangin: 

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=118ixy0&s=5#.VM1QalZH1SU

http://quicklook.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-647/pi-/ti-867698/t-/

That M is ugly.. Here are the choices i would recommend in order.

1) gen dial 2-3k

2) service dial $1400ish

3) whoopy dial.. I believe he might have a eta and gen plate models in m2ms

4 yuki dial. (I have a used white lume with one missing feet if you want to PM .. Cheap cheap!)

That's for the reach out guys.

Personally, the m doesn't bother me.

I prefer the dial to "look" gen but unfortunately I have no real life experience on what a real 1665 chocolate dial should look like.

My stock factory MBW dial is ok, only the hour plots bother me. They are too shiny and should be more raised (3d effect).

Only reason I am considering the ingod dial is that it costs less than what the established forum modders charge for 'reluming' my MBW dial.

What's people's opinion on the ingod hour plots? Does the fake patina look acceptable? Or am I better spending the money on getting my existing MBW dial re-lumed?