When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Catastrophe!

Nanuq

Nah, I think he's pulling our leg on that one.  I think I recognize that one from his "Vintagizing for Dummies" series, you know, the one he drives over with his truck.  Can't say I'm surprised, was bound to happen sooner or later...

Atmospherics. This is a common problem with acrylic crystals, particularly in colder temperatures. When the internal pressure per square inch exceeds the external pressure per square inch, the result is an expansion of gases thereby causing a breech in any closed area. Caution is advised. 

fart-in-bed.gif

A little birdy told me there were recent topics showing a very tasty T19 dome, that looks almost identical to this one. Any idea who sells that crystal? I think it was CWP....

I know there has to be a story behind this one ;) I doubt that it's even closely related to the cold, unless you slipped on ice and hit it on something!!! Probably snow cycling down a steep trail, hit a patch of ice and went over the dashboard, hit your watch on a rock. Exploding acrylic barely missing your head, and fortunately killed the bear that was chasing you. :)

• Like 1

Gentlemen, there is a time for jesting and a time for reflection... Please, take a moment to reflect. A gen T39 has gone to the great parts dustbin in the sky. It has served, it has protected it has probably faced more challenges in a day than you will face in your whole lives and it has finally succumbed. As I hear the distant air of a bugle sounding the last post I say - it will not be forgotten. Oh Lord in heaven bless this piece of plastic. Honour its wearer and let us all bask in its reflected glory. It truly was, a great piece of plastic....... Now watch this drive!!!

• Like 1

Gentlemen, there is a time for jesting and a time for reflection... Please, take a moment to reflect. A gen T39 has gone to the great parts dustbin in the sky. It has served, it has protected it has probably faced more challenges in a day than you will face in your whole lives and it has finally succumbed. As I hear the distant air of a bugle sounding the last post I say - it will not be forgotten. Oh Lord in heaven bless this piece of plastic. Honour its wearer and let us all bask in its reflected glory. It truly was, a great piece of plastic....... Now watch this drive!!!

A fantastic eulogy my friend. It was a good crystal. A strong crystal. It gave its life proudly.