When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with Josh (PC)

Stepan

Hope I write in the right subforum. I need your opinions on problem that I have with Josh (PC).

I ordered cartel 5513 from him. Yesterday package arrived without a watch. Also it included documents that package arrived damaged and without watch.

I made few calls to local EMS office and to the central EMS office and they say that watch was stolen on China side because it arrived like that. And they make forms CN43 (which says that package was damaged when arrived) and CN24 (which says that nothing was inside). This form was sent to china EMS office and they should pay damages to the seller. 

I give all this information to Josh (with serial numbers of CN43, CN24) and made photos of documents I have. He says that it was stolen on my side and in this case he don't responsible for the package and hinted that I faked the documents. Maybe someone has same problem and can suggest me something? What should I do in this situation?

Ok that's the correct Josh.

May I know which country you're in please?

Honestly, nobody will really know the point in the process when the watch got stolen. The guy handling the parcel on your local end could have stolen the watch and put whatever label on it. Just saying. May I know how much the watch is, and what you expect from Josh?

I can have a word with him after hearing from you in detail.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Hmm, ok, I would say that there is an equal probability that the watch got stolen in China or Ukraine.

Of course, not every package would be stolen but it does happen from time to time.

To be honest, most stolen parcel cases I have seen take place after they have arrived in the destination country. It is also not uncommon for the parcel handler to manipulate the situation such that the parcel appears to be already empty or damaged.

But knowing that this is the lunar new year period in China and other parts of Asia, theft and other petty crime rates are higher in those countries, given the relatively general relaxation of law and vigilance...

PM Mike on a Bike and inform him regarding the situation with Josh.. he would be able to help you better. I can help you send an email to Josh as well. 

I know Ukraine may have a bad reputation but I don't have problems with our post. I know it because I'm sending many packages abroad (to USA mostly) from my work.

Anyway, I see my chances is not high? Will PM Mike on a Bike. Than you much for your support.

• 3 weeks later...

If the post office even makes those forms the buyer imho is entitled to a new watch. In other threads the TDs justify premiums of 15% up to 30% just to cover this kind of situation and doas.

Was it resolved by now, thread should be updated conformingly.

Nothing happened. I just waist my money. On all my e-mails he had standard reply that he don't received papers that proved the watch was stolen on China side. 

My recommendation will be do not deal with him. Dealing with him is kinda lottery. Customer service is awful. 

• Like 1

I trade online too (nearly 7 years now), but in an unrelated industry to this. In the case of lost/stolen/damaged goods, we replace the order and claim the money from the delivery service. There is no point squabbling with customers. Either the documentation is legitimate (easily checked) or it's not. If it is, then the onus is on you as a seller to ensure that the customer gets and is happy with what they paid for. Laws in the EU are clear on this, and leave no room for error (the laws are tighter than brick and mortar sales).

I think the discrepancy in seller attitudes stems from our respective legal positions. Attitudes in much of China (my other half is Chinese if you're wondering) resemble attitudes in the EU before we had the DSR's introduced. Sellers would often be openly hostile and suspicious to complainants. After so many years though, sellers just grin and bear the pain of it. Arguing is pointless. Sellers lost the vast majority of any battle they tried to fight, whether they were in the right or not. Either the customer is happy or they're not. And its your job to make that happen.

No matter what Stepan, you will get either your watch or money back. So don't worry. Hopefully Josh will be in a more reconcillatory mood tommorrow! If he won't resolve it, well let Paypal adjudicate. They'll examine all documentation etc and know what to do.

Edited by Ayr

There is not much luck with Paypal. They don't like rep watch buyers as much as rep watch sellers.

Well it is not necessary to write which good you didn't receive. Also considering that probably you paid through a strap/tool site (if Josh works like Andrew).

In any case before doing that chat with one of the mods here.