When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cheap Genuine Watches

piratedzeus

...here you go - Seiko Monster - about the best watch for under $250.00 USD

170798-9718.jpg

Too big but thanks, I have very small wrists... like a girl :p

I think I understand your post....

Yes, Invictca makes some decent Rolex look alike ripoffs.

You would be better served by going for quality over looks.

Any of the Seiko 17-21 jewel automatics will run forever. They are the most underrated movements on the planet. If they were Swiss made, we'd be talking iconic status.

Tissot, Hamilton, Accutron et al make very reliable ETA powered automatics, a little more expensive that your budget but in range, that are great lookers.

How about a radical idea????!!!! A vintage GP!!! Puts you in Haute Horology class for about $250

170798-9719.jpg

I'm not really into the look the GPs, but thanks anyway.

Thank you also for the comment about Seiko movements, makes me cheer up. :)

Yeah, you need to go with the "Alpha" or "Invicta" brands. They're the closest looking "legal" rip-offs to the Sub & Seamaster you'll get.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PA...mp;searchtype=k

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...o%3D2&fgtp=

As you say, ripoff they are just copying too me. Anyway, how is the quality of the Invictas?

Are you strictly looking for new? Or is pre-owned okay?

Strictly looking for new in general but if you've got a good idea...

If you want a new divers watch from a well known brand, I would go for the Tissot SeaStar, or maybe the T-touch.... Great looking watches. Most non-watch geeks belive Tissot are in the same leauge as Omega.

I think you should be able to get a Seastar within your budget.

http://www.tissot.ch/?mod_collection/colid_0002/famid_0010

170798-9720.jpg

If you have the option to go for vintage, a whole new world opens up... I agree with Crystalcranium suggestion about a Girard-Perregaux, even though the GPs for this money are not very sexy..

I love my vintage Seiko Chronograph from 1974. Big 44mm automatic Chronograph, 30 minutes and 12-hour subregisters and day-date.. These was the pinnacle of mechanical watches, just before the quartz-revolution.. For about 200-250 USD you can choose among the best ( better than mine..) and even have money left for a service!

170798-9721.jpg

Anyway, check out Timezones sales Corner for good buys! :)

I'm not exactly into the look of GP but thank you for hint and thanks for the hint for timezone.

...don't mean to get off topic here (sorry) but I found this great looking Tissot with a Swiss ETA 2824-2 mvt. for just over $400

Wow!

170798-9722.jpg

anyway - here's another cool Seiko for under $200

170798-9723.jpg

nP! ^^

easy mate,

get a CWC quartz divers watch. they are the current issue watch for royal navy divers and replaced the rolex submariner. tritium dial and hands and a great watch with an ETA movement. they do a PVD finish SBS watch (uk water borne special forces, brother regiment to the SAS) also but it may be out of your budget

its genuine, quite special/unique and a proper watch. if your in the US, you may try to grab a marathon SAR as used by the us coastguard etc. IMHO the CWC is superior.

http://www.silvermans.co.uk/Silver/docs/pr...diverswatch.htm

look here for specs, you can get nice gens on ebay though

I don't like the look of the case, so big edges but thanks.

Here's a link to a William Marshall Limited Edition Swiss Masterpiece. It's a Submariner with a 2824-2 movement in it. 200m/660Ft WR. I've tested mine to 90ft last summer. It's a step above the Invicta sub which has the Miyota movment, but cheaper than the Invicta with the Swiss automatic movment. But Invictas aren't a bad deal either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-SWISS-Automatic-...tem230066839287

Anyone got more experience with Invicta?

Anyway, why ffs doesn't seiko.com WORK

I can't do any research about the Seikos you told me!

Edited by piratedzeus

Yo Zeus, you're not exactly endearing yourself to those gracious enough to take the time to make suggestions. This isn't Bloomingdales, you're not a rich customer who needs to be coddled and were not abuseable sales people. A post like this one where you toss off well meaning and voluntary suggestions with "No...too big...No too ugly...Nope...just don't like it" like a spoiled debutante isn't going to make you any friends here

Not to claim to have any handle on message board etiquette here but I would think the manerly thing to do would be to let the suggestions play out, thank everyone for their contributions, and make a decision you're happy with.

If you're interested in an automatic, I would go with a Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic. You should be able to get one for under $300 and they come in a 38mm if you're concerned about size. It comes with an ETA 2824-2 movement, and looks pretty good for a no frills watch. If you're willing to bump up the price range a bit, Hamilton has plenty of additional nice things to choose from...

Oh it must be Christmas...........I just want to commend you all for looking after this kid in a decent manner, when I first saw his opening post I thought "Uh Oh!" but it looks like the right people found it first. :)

Merry Christmas All :)

Ken

Yo Zeus, you're not exactly endearing yourself to those gracious enough to take the time to make suggestions. This isn't Bloomingdales, you're not a rich customer who needs to be coddled and were not abuseable sales people. A post like this one where you toss off well meaning and voluntary suggestions with "No...too big...No too ugly...Nope...just don't like it" like a spoiled debutante isn't going to make you any friends here

Not to claim to have any handle on message board etiquette here but I would think the manerly thing to do would be to let the suggestions play out, thank everyone for their contributions, and make a decision you're happy with.

Sorry for annoying some of you, edited my post a bit. But still i just want to express my choice of watches i like, i could also just leave suggestions i don't like uncommented that's better for you?

Oh it must be Christmas...........I just want to commend you all for looking after this kid in a decent manner, when I first saw his opening post I thought "Uh Oh!" but it looks like the right people found it first. :)

Merry Christmas All :)

Ken

Uh oh actually just because i have parents that give me presents I'm not a kid anymore but maybe you thought that by my behavior? :bicycle::bicycle:

Edited by piratedzeus

Invictas are good watches for the price. The quartz and automatic models (Miyota 8215) for around $100 are a good buy. Many of them are WR to 200m, which is farther than anyone is going down scuba diving as a recreational diver. Many of them mimic the timeless Rolex designs and Invicta even had to stop making the 8926 with the coin edge bezel after Rolex got after them. It looks like the 8926 with the coin edge (Rolex) bezel is still available from Overstock.com and for $100 that's a good deal.

Interesting thread for someone on a budget (like me). I have a couple of reps, but could never afford to buy a gen. rollie, panerai et al. :(

I quite like some of the cheap gens shown here, but not wishing to hijack the thread, where do you go to buy Invicta watches or the Seiko ones shown if you *don't* live in the US? I live in Canada and most sites where I see these watches don't ship outside the continental US. I have seen a couple of ebay dealers, but I wonder whether they are shipping stock that has a warranty that is useless oustside the US?

Presumably one would get stung a shed load of duty on the watch when it arrives in Canada too? :o

im sorry, dont take it personally but dont buy a look a like watch, thats just tacky. Spend $400-450 and get a nice sporty Tag Heuer that is 100% genuine in every sense. Seiko is just Seiko, Invicta is just a copying company that makes designer watches with pretty boxes.

Try a Tag, Swiss army, Techno marine, Tissot is becoming popular like the other brands named, thats just my opinion, i would go for a classy moderate priced brand, and a watch says allot about the person lol or maybe not so much.

Edited by JosePR

Sounds like a cliche, but pawn shops sometimes have amazing deals on higher-end of the low-end watches like seiko, tag, quartz omegaz, etc. I bought my oldest son an absolutely mint Tag F1 as his 1st "real" watch for $265 because it was on a non-tag rubber strap.

Last week i was killing time @ Macy's watch counter while Ms. A shopped and ran accross a brand called Officina del Tempo which looks like a cross between Dubey & Scheldenbrand and Muller. They're quartz but I was shocked at the fit and finish for the dough--the dials were very nicely done and the general fit and finish is at least as good as any $2500 watch I've seen. I think the straps are even real croc. I bought my daughter a pink Muller Long Island lookalike for $185 and my son the chrono below for $225. I believe they're still on sale for 30% off.

post-53-1166758354_thumb.jpg

im sorry, dont take it personally but dont buy a look a like watch, thats just tacky. Spend $400-450 and get a nice sporty Tag Heuer that is 100% genuine in every sense. Seiko is just Seiko, Invicta is just a copying company that makes designer watches with pretty boxes.

Try a Tag, Swiss army, Techno marine, Tissot is becoming popular like the other brands named, thats just my opinion, i would go for a classy moderate priced brand, and a watch says allot about the person lol or maybe not so much.

I dropped my Seiko SNX427 to tile floor from a height of more than 4 feets just 3 days after buying it, and amazingly, besides some little scratch, the mineral glass and watch is still intact and giving me COSC timing (within 5 sec/day). Amazing robustness which I'm not sure we can find in other higher priced Swiss watches.