When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Potential problem, what's your opinion?

GenTLe

Hi all,

to make it quick: ordered a couple of pieces from a TD that also offers wholesale deals.

I paid them wholesale (which means no custom protection and no possibility to send back the watch in case of problems or DOA). It is the 2nd time I do this to spare some money and since I am able to fix the watches by myself in case of problems.

Since I am in Italy, where we have kind of strict customs, I paid the higher shipping fee for the transhipping through a less problematic EU country.

Got good QCs, accepted and a couple days later I got a DHL number for the shipment.

The problem: when I checked the DHL tracking I have seen that they completely missed the transshipping part and they sent the watches directly to my address in Italy!

Now what do you think I should expect if they will be seized when they will land here? And what do you think should be done from TD side in such unlucky case?

PS: no, the TD will remain undisclosed until the end of this situation as errors may happens and I don't want to make bad advertising to them unless there will be a real problem.

Ciao, GenTLe

Of course, just before this post. And of course I don't pretend an immediate answer from them.

Here I am just asking your opinion to confirm or not what I think about the situation :)

As you can see, to avoid influencing you readers, I didn't put my thoughts about what in my humble opinion should or shouldn't be done from the dealer side or from me.

I'm of the opinion that as a wholesale transaction you must realise a higher risk yourself, which you answered in your initial post but  :g: if you had agreed that shipping would be done via another country and paid extra for it then the shipping should have been carried out in that manner and the dealer then puts himself up for some of the risk if not all by doing so, although this is a mute point if the delivery is made in full.

I'm of the opinion that as a wholesale transaction you must realise a higher risk yourself, which you answered in your initial post but  :g: if you had agreed that shipping would be done via another country and paid extra for it then the shipping should have been carried out in that manner and the dealer then puts himself up for some of the risk if not all by doing so, although this is a mute point if the delivery is made in full.

That pretty much sums it up for me also, but if you guys use wholesale I can not intercede. :pimp:  (pretty good idea who you used ;) )

If the shipper agreed to ship through and intermediary, and you paid extra for that service, then the shipper is at fault. The shipper has a contractual obligation to ship the way you requested and paid for. Simple as that, it's a contract. If the package still gets lost or intercepted, then it's on you, but he did not fulfill his part of the contractual obligation. If you buy a new car from a dealer, and you don't like the tires that are on the vehicle, and you pay extra to have better tires , then if they deliver the car with the same unwanted tires, the dealer breached the contract.  

Hopefully all goes through but DHL/IT/EU points to triple trouble as at the very least they will ask You to pay the VAT/ import tax on the items and the common recommendation (?) is not to respond at all. Sometimes there is an exception when they do the complete customs thing on location in China and the merchandise just enters Your country freely.

As You paid higher shipping fees and the TD/shipper should anyway be aware of the risks shipping to the EU/IT and be specially careful, You should receive full replacement if anything goes wrong. Good luck

(As I expect this & similar situations to happen not able to take the wholesale offer for myself)

Some good news: I wrote them a polite mail and I got this reassuring reply:

"Dear Alex,

I am very sorry about this, i have no idea what YYYYY is thinking, not following the instructions i left within your invoice! Not to worry, if anything happens to your package we will replace completely for free, i promise you that. "

Mine has then been:

"Thanks a lot XXXXX I feel much better now :)

In case DHL will just ask some 10/15€ for the custom fee I will take them on my self, because I know that errors may happen to people that works.

Have a nice day!"

I think this is a fair agreement and if all will go smoothly I will be very very happy. This is what I call professionalism.

GenTLe